Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Dog in car:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

ilkhan posted:

I feel so lied to.

Fortunately it is not possible to pay too much catte tax so by trying to pay early you have made the world a better place.

However, your submitted catte, while clearly a very floofy boy is not pictured :siren: in a car :siren: as instructed so you just saved yourself from the slothhammer for incorrect toll payment.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I was interested in running through all the cars I've owned so here goes:

1986 Mercury Cougar, V6 - 140 hp
1993 Plymouth Acclaim I4 - 100 hp
1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera I4 - 98 hp
2001 Jeep Wrangler I4 - 120 hp
2005 Ford Focus I4 - 136 hp
2011 Kia Forte5 I4 - 173 hp

767 total horsepower, or a little more than one Hellcat.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Enourmo posted:

E: Also if we're still doing the Total Lifetime Horsepower thing:
Mine, going by estimates/ones I remember or guesstimated (conservatively) if I modified them. It's more quantity over quality in this case anyway. :v:

93 Mustang, LX 130hp
96 Saturn 130hp
87 Rx7 TII 200hp
92 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 275hp
08.5 Mazdaspeed 3 263hp
99 Civic 110hp
94 Miata 200hp
04 CTS-V 400hp
06 Saabaru 250hp
00 Miata 140hp
14 Sonic 138hp
06 V70 210hp
04 G35 280hp
17 GTI 220hp
01 Silverado 320hp

3266 total. I go through cars a bit. Current ones in bold, trying to sell the shithole truck currently, if it would loving run.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 1, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Honestly I may say gently caress it and still go. Not the nice thing to do, but were not especially close anyway.

Just say you already got the tickets and that they were super expensive so you have to go :)

I'll let you know when I get them, not sure exactly yet how many I'm gonna get, the Firestone rep is waiting until the last minute for whatever reason.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I forgot what engines were in most of my oldsmobile stable. None were impressive until the 96 cutlass with the 3.4 (215hp)

Right now:
04 Mustang Mach 1 - 305hp
98 Explorer - 205hp

One is slightly more fun than the other to drive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hells yeah Honeymoon flight delayed.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Today I said goodbye to the Peugeot 406, the new owner came and picked it up, and we did the title transfer stuff and notified my insurance.

5˝ years, ~100,000km and who knows how much money spent, between the gas, repairs, gas, green tax, gas, insurance and gas. It was a thirsty beast for 160hp, but holy hell it drove and rode well. A 1˝ ton French family car should not be able to handle like that, but it did, so stupidly fun to drive like an idiot, without compromising on comfort. I surprised many boy racers and BMW jockeys on twisting highway ramps. It was also the most sure-footed and predictable car I've ever driven in the snow, which definitely saved my rear end a couple of times.

But it had to go, and it was probably overdue. I was tired of pouring money into it, and I never got all of the electrical gremlins :france: worked out.

I paid 55,000DKK ($9,100K) for it in 2012, and sold it for 19,000DKK ($3,100).

So now I'm just another Copenhagen public transport commuter. I may look buying a smaller and more economical car soon, let's see how long I last.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 1, 2018

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
More bloody snow and more roads closed by abandoned cars. Took the kids to the park in a -12C snowstorm and had a kickass snowball fight, they are getting formidable.

slothrop posted:

You know, I don't think I've ever had a fresh blackcurrant. Ribena, jam, lollies etc but I can't ever think of having had a fresh one.

I grow a few bushes, they are super easy to deal with and produce a fair bit of juicy fruits, most varieties are a bit too tart to eat very many raw but they make amazing jam/booze.

Blackberries are where its at, imho

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

So now I'm just another Copenhagen public transport commuter. I may look buying a smaller and more economical car soon, let's see how long I last.

What is this... pub-lick trance port, of which you speak??????

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Enourmo posted:

It's the roads I drive on, right?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Enourmo posted:

Someone never got into Paul Oakenfold, I see. :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So what's the best way to sell guns? My wife's father left her some and we need to get rid of them to get more guns we actually want. There are a ton of gun shops around here that buy/sell but I'm guessing they will only give me about half of what they are actually worth. One of them is an old relic from that could be worth quite a bit.

[e] it's a C&R Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Work Safety Revolver, made in the late 1800's.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 1, 2018

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So what's the best way to sell guns? My wife's father left her some and we need to get rid of them to get more guns we actually want. There are a ton of gun shops around here that buy/sell but I'm guessing they will only give me about half of what they are actually worth. One of them is an old relic from that could be worth quite a bit.

[e] it's a C&R Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Work Safety Revolver, made in the late 1800's.
Sounds like one for TFR to me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...back when trance was good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Sounds like one for TFR to me.

Well there's a lot of knowledgeable gun guys in here, would rather not post in TFR if I don't have to.

I figured "how to sell" was a general enough question.....I usually use CL to sell poo poo but you can't sell guns on CL.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Geoj posted:

Dog in car:

OH MY DOG THIS IS loving CUTE

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Well there's a lot of knowledgeable gun guys in here, would rather not post in TFR if I don't have to.

I figured "how to sell" was a general enough question.....I usually use CL to sell poo poo but you can't sell guns on CL.

Gunbroker?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Geoj posted:

Dog in car:

A Good Toll Boy

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I would use a gun shop to sell everything on consignment.

keep the Iver revolver though. It's not worth much, but it's a neat old gun. I wouldn't shoot it thou.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Adiabatic posted:

OH MY DOG THIS IS loving CUTE

You have no idea...

My wife used to work at an animal rescue. He was what is commonly referred to as a "foster failure" - she brought him home as a foster the day he was surrendered by a couple of teenage girls and he never went back to the shelter.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Pilsner the adorable pupper got into something last night and his leg is swollen:

We took a ride to the vet this morning and he waited patiently to be seen:

Loaded with anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, and a clean bill of health otherwise, he decided he was hot on the ride back:

THEY'RE GOOD DOGS, BRENT

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bonus pic of the pupper patient:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'd be beating that dog for putting it in Comfort mode.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Geoj posted:

You have no idea...

My wife used to work at an animal rescue. He was what is commonly referred to as a "foster failure" - she brought him home as a foster the day he was surrendered by a couple of teenage girls and he never went back to the shelter.
Pit mixed with what?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ilkhan posted:

Pit mixed with what?

As far as we know he's just a pit mix.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Just say you already got the tickets and that they were super expensive so you have to go :)

I'll let you know when I get them, not sure exactly yet how many I'm gonna get, the Firestone rep is waiting until the last minute for whatever reason.

That'll work. Yeah I'll hold off on telling them anything until you find out if you'll have an extra :v:

As for the guns, email me what you have. I work with a poo poo ton of guys who buy what seems like one or ten a week.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

Loaded with anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, and a clean bill of health otherwise, he decided he was hot on the ride back:

THEY'RE GOOD DOGS, BRENT

That looks like the merc. If so, gj being awesome adiabatic.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Still married!

We leave on the honeymoon in the morning!

How many times have you mooned your honey so far

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

I'd be beating that dog for putting it in Comfort mode.

u wot m8

more dags in cars I guess:

Being a puppy is hard work

Unrelated but Adiabatic: I'm a shitheel and will post all the pics of the cool poo poo you sent before I go to Europe this week. I kept meaning to get a snap of Dave fondling the timbo as icing on the cake but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough before he was spent.

Speaking of Dave he said he made it to AZ and brought MGS his radio. AI, bringing people and forlorn consumer products together.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ever get yourself out of a relationship and the more time that goes, the more you realise you should never have gotten into it in the first place?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ever get yourself out of a relationship and the more time that goes, the more you realise you should never have gotten into it in the first place?

Yup, except i can't get out of it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yep been there, after ending a two year relationship with a legit crazy woman I recalled when I almost ended it right before we moved in together, but then let her talk me out of it. I learned to trust my instincts after that one and would drop a woman like a hot potato at the slight hint of any kind of crazy, so I guess it helped me in the long run :v:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I can’t say I truly regret any of my relationships. I’ve learned something from each one, even if they ended poorly. My last long term thing probably should have ended much sooner than it did but we’ve managed to stay friends.

I used to think High Fidelity had it right, “it’s what you like, not what you are like” until I was with someone who shared similar interests. We had so much in common and so many shared interests but at the end of the day there simply wasn’t any spark. I spent a lot of time agonising over if it was worth pursuing something that “on paper” looked like a great long term thing.

All of my mistakes and missteps have given me a frame of reference for my current relationship and made me realise how drat good I have it. I’m so ready to be done with the long distance thing though!

slothrop fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 2, 2018

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have two I hugely regret getting into, and two I regret getting out of, so it's a mixed bag here. But I think I'm done with it entirely. Last time I touched a woman was 2011, where I got to second base with an old flame from college and then she shut me down because she didn't want to ruin our friendship. Ironically, cock blocking me completely ruined our friendship. Not that she did it, but how she did it. Last time I got proper laid was February 07.

I think about how nice it would be to fall in love again, and then I think about my breakups and it just turns me right back around.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dude, your streak of not getting laid is longer than I've been in this job, and I've been in this job for way too long.

Keep doing stuff you like. Maybe there'll be a spark with someone at some point. Don't settle for "meh, good enough".

I had been single for 7 years (with a lucky date happening every 6-12 months or so) before I met my current girlfriend, and I had just about given up hope at that point. You can't fake chemistry, at some point you'll fall in love completely unexpectedly.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

LloydDobler posted:

I think about how nice it would be to fall in love again, and then I think about my breakups and it just turns me right back around.

That's a bit like writing off a couple of cars and never owning a car again because of that.

You learn from them and it improves your future experience.

(In my case it was to not ignore the warning signs and don't pick up something cheap. I am not telling you if that is referring to cars or partners)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah stewing over stuff that happened years ago suggests issues. Life is poo poo mainly due to people who are most definitely poo poo in most cases but resigning yourself to a life of misery because of it is not the way to do things.

...but if you want to go that route there's a thread in GBS about involuntary celibacy which highlights just how broken some dudes are. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849302&pagenumber=1

I had a bad pizza once, every pizza since that one has been wonderful.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Being sex free for a few years doesnt bother me. Prostitution's legal here, if I really felt desperate I'd jsut go hire a hooker. Buuuut..... it's just not on a priority list.

And to be honest, I havent felt this good mentally in a looong time, even if getting out crippled me financially and I have no place to put too many Subarus. I just had to recognise I got into the wrong relationship and kept it going because.... *reasons* for far too long and it was poisonous to me.

My mother isnt young exactly anymore (Even if she has tayed fit, 74 and COPA do take a toll eventually) so I think she quietly doenst mind someone else around to help look after the house and pay bills. I'd prefer being able to have a cat but not right now.

After I get past this Canada trip I'll relook at my options and work out what to do from there. Fairly good chance I susepct I'll go up north where rent is a lot cheaper.

Edit : Pet toll booth coming up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

oh god, don't start talking about paying for sex again, that's how I ate my last probation, and I'm not hungry for a new one. :worried:

My longest dry spell was between 18 months and 2 years. And that seemed like for-loving-ever. For me, I think the reason and the problem was inside my head, and once I stopped looking for sex possibilities in every interaction and forgot about it... boom, it happened.

• Locked thread