Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Tomarse posted:

I had to look up the meaning of the word alimony too. What a stupid concept.
I understand splitting the current household assets if you divorce and I understand ongoing child maintenance/support but “alimony” is stupid.

I hope that lawyer does good stuff for you Everdave

thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

I'm just gonna dive in with an edit there before you get yourself put on a list.

Uh. Thanks. The world is kind of hosed up when you have to specify like that.

Had a team lunch at a churrascaria today. It's 3 hours later and I am still so full I can barely move. So. Much. Meat. And good meat, too...
Ever eat so much you actually look forward to the monster dump you know is coming? Yeah.
Dinner is going to very light, if there is dinner at all.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

everdave posted:

thanks man

In another thread here (I forget which) someone familiar with the divorce system there said that alimony was awarded far less frequently that people tend to perceive. They suggested that it was the exception, rather than the rule.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I don't get people not having sex because of their kids. I understand if you have an infant or toddler that you can't leave alone, otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah good luck everdave, if your lawyer is good you should be fine don't sweat it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

Uh. Thanks. The world is kind of hosed up when you have to specify like that.
While I'm obviously taking the piss in this case, the sad part is sometimes you actually do have to explain stuff to idiots who see all kinds of poo poo everywhere, and you wonder what's going on in their heads to immediately head down that path as "most likely explanation".

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Mmmmmmmm just how I wanted to spend my Friday night, an FFA swine auction.

Leica, you still trying to figure out how to sell those guns? I was planning on digging in storage for the xbox tonight but got sucked into this instead.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Beverly Cleavage posted:

This was largely sarcastic, but text and tone/sarcasm detection via text on the internet, blah blah blah and here we are. :)

Having said that, the past week has been horrible. sickness doesn't help, but my 5yo is not sleeping much better than the 9mo (aka barely at all), so after kids go to bed it's clean up for an hour, then she passes out while I try to stay awake and manage the wakeups so we can both take turns over night. It's a really rough spot for us right now, and our kids are amazing and WILL grow out of it. Just trying to be patient. :)

Y'all definitely need to have kids-free days scheduled from time to time, if you're not already. Even if it's just a day of hanging out at home.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Mmmmmmmm just how I wanted to spend my Friday night, an FFA swine auction.

Leica, you still trying to figure out how to sell those guns? I was planning on digging in storage for the xbox tonight but got sucked into this instead.

You live in Florida farm country huh?

Yeah I'll send you an email with what i have once I get all the make/model info.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

DesperateDan posted:

Relationships are tough and need work, and even if both people put in the effort sometimes it just doesn't work out because people change over time anyway. I have been with my wife for 16 years and 2 kids now and cherish what we have, but its scary how much of that is down to luck, circumstance and suffering than any kind of romantic endeavours.

So much this.

If not for a case of meningitis and a sudden death I would probably be single. I certainly was not looking for a long term relationship. Sometimes you get lucky.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

angryrobots posted:

Y'all definitely need to have kids-free days scheduled from time to time, if you're not already. Even if it's just a day of hanging out at home.

That’s something we are working on. We tend to be more focused on the kids than us, but we recognize it as a weak point and are making efforts to rectify it. Have I mentioned that my wife is amazing? There is literally no one in the world I could imagine doing this with.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You live in Florida farm country huh?

Yeah I'll send you an email with what i have once I get all the make/model info.

Yeah, I live entirely too close to the strawberry festival and my wife's goddaughter was showing her pig tonight.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Tomarse posted:

I had to look up the meaning of the word alimony too. What a stupid concept.
I understand splitting the current household assets if you divorce and I understand ongoing child maintenance/support but “alimony” is stupid.

I hope that lawyer does good stuff for you Everdave

My mother lawyered up and my father didn't, because he thought it would be amicable and she wouldn't try to screw him.

The result is he's currently paying her like 35k/yr (after taxes), and has been for the past 20 years, because she's never had another significant relationship, or held down a real job since.

Maybe that's got something to do with why I've been with my girlfriend for over 10 years and we're not married.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
San Diego has a pretty bad homeless problem. I wish i could do something to help.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

San Diego has a pretty bad homeless problem. I wish i could do something to help.

San Diego is a lovely bumpkin version of LA with no redeeming value aside from Brick by Brick and Cali burritos.

Also the homeless people give you diseases.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Zoo was neat, the food is good. We only have one more day here, off to Hollywood Sunday.

Edit: posting because she's having trouble adjusting to the time change and is already exhausted so she's taking a bath.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Edit: posting because she's having trouble adjusting to the time change and is already exhausted so she's taking a bath.

Not even married a week and she's already killing your fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm eating like a loving king so that's fun!

If you saw my FB post we hit 31K steps today so i can eat whatever i want!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I GOT SOMETHING YOU CAN EAT

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

31k? Holy poo poo man, I ran around for 7 hours straight and got 11k

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Co-worker called me last night to say he can't get in to work this weekend to sort his contractors because snow. Guess who's getting 35 hours of pay this weekend?

:negative: it's me, I'm working 7 days a week because I want the money.

Hilariously the guy who can't come in has a 4wd with snow tyres, I've a 60hp 2wd rollerskate with rain tyres but the snow didn't hit us as hard.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cakesmith handyman posted:

Co-worker called me last night to say he can't get in to work this weekend to sort his contractors because snow. Guess who's getting 35 hours of pay this weekend?

:negative: it's me, I'm working 7 days a week because I want the money.

Hilariously the guy who can't come in has a 4wd with snow tyres, I've a 60hp 2wd rollerskate with rain tyres but the snow didn't hit us as hard.

Your man isn’t stuck, he just wants the weekend off work!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

So what's the best way to sell guns? My wife's father left her some and we need to get rid of them to get more guns we actually want. There are a ton of gun shops around here that buy/sell but I'm guessing they will only give me about half of what they are actually worth. One of them is an old relic from that could be worth quite a bit.

[e] it's a C&R Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Work Safety Revolver, made in the late 1800's.

Hey, I have a busted-rear end one of those!

Gunbroker may be your best option, but I don't know if there's a collector's market for them. Definitely don't shoot it without being super careful about ammunition, they were proofed for black powder, not smokeless, so using modern ammo in them can make them grenade.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 3, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

31k? Holy poo poo man, I ran around for 7 hours straight and got 11k

We didn't stop moving for the whole day. There's just so many cool buildings and poo poo to look at. We were dumb and walked to Balboa Park though, from here out we Uber.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

SHE'S GOT SOMETHING YOU CAN EAT
Fixed

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I’m in Vegas for a few days for a friends bachelor party. Anyone got any personal recommendations for places to check out/eat?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nowhere near the strip

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Biodome posted:

I’m in Vegas for a few days for a friends bachelor party. Anyone got any personal recommendations for places to check out/eat?

Battlefield.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I live entirely too close to the strawberry festival and my wife's goddaughter was showing her pig tonight.

Ha, my wife is taking her mom to the festival tomorrow because she has never been, is it even worth going to these days? Last time I went about ten years ago it was a waste of time, it was like a traveling carnival that I can see when it's down the street from my house, not even worth the drive over there.

Liquid Communism posted:

Hey, I have a busted-rear end one of those!

Gunbroker may be your best option, but I don't know if there's a collector's market for them. Definitely don't shoot it without being super careful about ammunition, they were proofed for black powder, not smokeless, so using modern ammo in them can make them grenade.

Hey cool, ours is in the exact shape that that one is in. I never planned on shooting it anyway, so no worries. From what I've researched so far it seems it's worth about 400-500 in that condition, does that sound about right?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Biodome posted:

Fremont Street is impressive.

Mind the midgets in spandex. :eek:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My self imposed embargo on internet posting is over. We took the kids to Anaheim for Disneyland on Monday (stopped half way through at Primm). We stayed at whiskey Pete’s because it was on the other side of Vegas and just a short stint in the morning to Anaheim. What a hole that place is but whatever. Weird thing on display; the car that Bonnie and Clyde were killed in was there. Bullet holes and shattered glass and everything.
Stayed off park just across the street from the entrance where we stayed before. We got four day passes which seemed just right. I know this all sounds like torture for most people but Disney is awesome and even more magical if you have little kids. We checked the crowd calendar thing online and picked a ‘hey it’s alright’ kind of week and that was pretty accurate. Some rides were a walk on. Popular rides had a longer wait but that’s normal and fast pass/rider swap works a peach. The fireworks show still stands as the best I have ever seen. Seeing your little kids melt into puddles after meeting their favorite princesses is :3:
It was also our first vacation where we needed to meal plan for my wife for an extended period of time and she didn’t starve. She had a few emotional times here and there from not being able to eat things there. Packing five days worth of meals is tough to plan for.
Left Anaheim yesterday just past 5 and :lol: everyone freaks out over rain. Four hours to get to Barstow. We thought we would get as far as possible and get a hotel. The kids were sleeping so good and losing an hour coming home getting a hotel for a crap nights sleep didn’t seem worth it. So we took turns driving/sleeping with me doing most of the driving and rolled into the driveway at 7 this morning.

I’m a zombie y’all.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

No i had it right the first time

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ha, my wife is taking her mom to the festival tomorrow because she has never been, is it even worth going to these days? Last time I went about ten years ago it was a waste of time, it was like a traveling carnival that I can see when it's down the street from my house, not even worth the drive over there.

Hey cool, ours is in the exact shape that that one is in. I never planned on shooting it anyway, so no worries. From what I've researched so far it seems it's worth about 400-500 in that condition, does that sound about right?

It's a pain in the rear end is what it is.

It's literally just a carnival that has some strawberries at it. That's it. And it's dry, so you can't even have a beer to take the edge off the Gibsonton-bred folk shouting at you from every ride and game.

If they go, tell her that if they're thirsty they need to find the Catholic church booth/tent (easy to find, it's where the make your own strawberry shortcake line starts) because a fountain drink is a dollar, bottled water is two bucks. Rest of the fair a smaller drink starts at 4 bucks.

Edit: I was down in your neck of the woods today, goddamn gently caress why is every road in and out a loving toll road

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

iwentdoodie posted:

And it's dry, so you can't even have a beer to take the edge off the Gibsonton-bred folk shouting at you from every ride and game.
What the actual gently caress?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Dunno, I've never priced it. Mine is a family heirloom, belonged to my great-great-granduncle who was a cop around the turn of the last century.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well we ventured to Old Town, then down to Ocean Beach. The bits in between are disgusting.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

InitialDave posted:

And my fiance wonders why I own a flask

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Welcome to America, yo. I can't have a beer at the festival, but before the livestock auction they prayed for all the concealed carriers in the audience.

The auction is for school children who have raised the animals, btw. And before they show the animals they say the pledge of allegiance, sing the national anthem, and do a prayer. The prayer centered around guns and murica, and then when he was done he said how we should ALL pray and be thankful for those in the audience who are carrying firearms because "pew-teen" wants to nuke us, and Donald Trump will make us strong.

This is an event run by and for the schools, sponsored by the county and state.

But on the dry subject, I grew up in a dry county. Hell, Jack Daniels is distilled in a county where you can't buy said product. But you can surely buy a loving gun.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
My thread on the ITR timing failure fell into the archive while I waited for weather. Anyone know if they can be reopened?

Here's my timing cover.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Welcome to America, yo. I can't have a beer at the festival, but before the livestock auction they prayed for all the concealed carriers in the audience.

The auction is for school children who have raised the animals, btw. And before they show the animals they say the pledge of allegiance, sing the national anthem, and do a prayer. The prayer centered around guns and murica, and then when he was done he said how we should ALL pray and be thankful for those in the audience who are carrying firearms because "pew-teen" wants to nuke us, and Donald Trump will make us strong.

This is an event run by and for the schools, sponsored by the county and state.

But on the dry subject, I grew up in a dry county. Hell, Jack Daniels is distilled in a county where you can't buy said product. But you can surely buy a loving gun.

Jesus loving wept. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

trouser chili posted:

My thread on the ITR timing failure fell into the archive while I waited for weather. Anyone know if they can be reopened?

Here's my timing cover.

Unfortunately, no, once a thread is archive locked, it's done. :justpost:

Also, ugh that sucks.

• Locked thread