Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

everdave posted:

Ya'll talking about relationships and sex or what not, I'm getting divorced and my ex just thinks I should pay her over $1k a month for the rest of eternity and anything other than that is unreasonable. We split the kids 50/50 too! I am just shaking I don't know what to do. I'm 40 and self-employed what if I get sick?

Just because I make X amount in sales a month does not mean that is what I make. I don't know what to do, very scared. Just so many threats.

Lawyer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm a sucker for the jalapeno sriracha bacon burger.

Every. God. drat. Time.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
That escalated quickly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Hello thread. How's everyone doing? Excellent.

The gas pedal on my Escape has an audible and tactile click when depressed and when I let go of the pressure. It's maddening. I think it's still under warranty? I don't know. It effects nothing but it's slowly driving me insane. There's probably some stupid rear end compression spring that doesn't have enough grease but requires the complete removal of the pedal assembly to reach I'm sure.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Uber is so hosed. The IR cameras should have seen that coming a mile away. Let alone the dumbass safety driver not paying attention.

Edit: gently caress, who am I kidding nothing will happen.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 22, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Just so everyone knows, to get your Tempe resident status you have to fling yourself into traffic as a pedestrian constantly. I'm not defending Uber or that driver at all because they both hosed up hard but it's terrifying driving anywhere close to Tempe's bar scene or dorm areas after dark. It was inevitable.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cakesmith handyman posted:

I didn't say she was at fault, just that she'll get poo poo on for it.

The driver is a convicted felon. She is going to get absolutely steamrolled.

Please note I'm not in favor of making it harder for felons to get jobs.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tide posted:

I thought it was a fat dude with a soul patch.

Oh? Maybe I'm remembering my bad news incorrectly.

There's just so much of it I can't keep up. :negative:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

nm posted:

I have been saying for a long time that the biggest problem for self-driving cars is legal liability. Does it fall on the "driver/owner" or is on the manufacturer?
There's going to be long amd protracted litigation and google is going to wish that they'd hit the person so they don't have to deal with uber's likely lovely legal choices.

This.

mekilljoydammit posted:

Again, speaking as someone who ended up as a support to the litigation industry... in practice, the liability is going to fall on whoever the insurance company can sue for more money.

This case specifically is about setting a precedent.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I don't think I can read the news anymore. I'm exhausted from being terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Gonna be honest here...this loving sucks. Like, I don't feel like I'm going to fall of the no ciggy wagon at this moment but I'm super irritated that I want what I want and what I want is a loving cigarette.

edit:

• Locked thread