Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Woke up early, figured I'd make a March Chat thread. Am not disappointed I got beaten to the punch.

I don't know this little guy but he looks like he is gonna keep all your cats in line most likely just going to run away and hide, cats are mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

I just learned that millions of Americans apparently never knew what blackcurrants taste like, because they were banned from being farmed for decades:

You know, I don't think I've ever had a fresh blackcurrant. Ribena, jam, lollies etc but I can't ever think of having had a fresh one.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seems like half the forum is moving! I too am taking the plunge in the next month or so. I’m slightly terrified on the job front, partly because I want to get more of a big boy job and partly because I don’t want to end up doing the same poo poo I’ve been doing for years but might have to just to make ends meet. But hey, you gotta follow your heart right?

At least it’ll mean the end this long distance relationship thing, which is dumb and hard. Even seeing each other every couple of weeks or so just isn’t enough, and we haven’t even been doing it for long. I have friends who lived in other countries after they got married due to work and I have no idea how they did it.

Phone posting so I can’t pay the pet tax

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ever get yourself out of a relationship and the more time that goes, the more you realise you should never have gotten into it in the first place?

I can’t say I truly regret any of my relationships. I’ve learned something from each one, even if they ended poorly. My last long term thing probably should have ended much sooner than it did but we’ve managed to stay friends.

I used to think High Fidelity had it right, “it’s what you like, not what you are like” until I was with someone who shared similar interests. We had so much in common and so many shared interests but at the end of the day there simply wasn’t any spark. I spent a lot of time agonising over if it was worth pursuing something that “on paper” looked like a great long term thing.

All of my mistakes and missteps have given me a frame of reference for my current relationship and made me realise how drat good I have it. I’m so ready to be done with the long distance thing though!

slothrop fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 2, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

DesperateDan posted:

Relationships are tough and need work, and even if both people put in the effort sometimes it just doesn't work out because people change over time anyway. I have been with my wife for 16 years and 2 kids now and cherish what we have, but its scary how much of that is down to luck, circumstance and suffering than any kind of romantic endeavours.

So much this.

If not for a case of meningitis and a sudden death I would probably be single. I certainly was not looking for a long term relationship. Sometimes you get lucky.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I went wakeboarding today for about ten minutes. It's my second time and first in about 10 years. I think my whole body below my nipples may be hosed.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

Watching my 4yo projectile-poo poo across the bathroom as she dry heaves into the toilet is not how I expected to begin my Sunday.

Well poo poo.

But seriously, that sucks. Hope she gets better ASAP

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Headlights really didn’t want to come on tonight, pretty sure the parking lights were on though. After flicking the switch a few times the lights came on. Couldn’t replicate the issue once they came on. Should I be chasing a bad relay?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

YOU GUYS I CAUGHT ME ONE OF THEM SOFT AND PRETTY SMELLING THINGS, YOU KNOW, THE MYTHICAL HAIR TIE BEAST

dee eight posted:

Crap, I missed drag chat.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I choose to believe one of these posts is in response to the other.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

NOTHING is more destructive than an unemployed Sheepdog.

Speaking of which, Mum n Dad just got a new kelpie. Meet Skipper!

He's already eaten 4 pot plants and destroyed a pillow.

This is a fukken top tier dog. Wanna pet that pup!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
you know what's nice? Having headlights that turn on when you turn the switch!

Turns out the stalk/switch assembly was faulty and the new part arrived today. You really don't realise how much you take working headlights for granted! That'll have to be it for birthday treats this year because I spent close to 11 hours at work by myself.

At least there was a new Roadkill when I got home. They've built what looks like a hillbilly 037 :v:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

gently caress I want a canoe now

Some sort of AI canoe. Fashioned out of junkyard fuel tanks.

What’s the most nautical theme car you could take the tanks out of?

Getting up at 3am is dumb and bad and by the time I make it to the wedding where I don’t know anyone this afternoon I am gonna be real grouchy.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ummmmmm..... you REALLY need to visit a place that gets properly searingly hot. Heat most certainly DOES kill even if you do everything right.

Look, crazed junkies stabbing you on the platform at Penrith station probably has something to do with it being 49 in the shade but I don’t think it’s 100% attributable to heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Victoria B.C. is a really, really nice place and I completely understand why Aussies come here and dont leave. Bit cold for my liking right now but eh. Any place that is as well set for cycling as this place is rules.

Victoria, Australia is also pretty good and cool. This weekend in Melbourne I saw a Testarossa and an Elfin Streamliner driving around and a pink and white Daihatsu Copen and many other fun AI cars. I also ate and drank many good things. Think I’m going to enjoy living here.

• Locked thread