Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I got a new Great Dane from the rescue, was supposedly two but behaves more like a one year old puppy. Here he is destroying a pillow an hour ago, as I watch from work, powerless to stop him

https://i.imgur.com/dLguWNT.mp4

*edit*
Here's my old Dane stuck in my Z

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

He said he's already lawyered up, but so is she.

The idea behind alimony is traditionally the wife chose to raise the kids and stay home, so she gave up a chance at a career, and if the husband leaves her when she's 50, she's screwed. That still holds true in some situations, but now it seems like it's horribly abused. I worked with a guy who made a shitload of money as a private consultant in the oil industry, his wife left him for his (former) best friend, got an incredible amount of alimony, and now she and the best friend live together, don't work, and just plan on not getting married so the money keeps coming in. Maybe there's something he can do to change that in the future, but it's also California so we have wacky laws.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

slurry_curry posted:

I am headed to LA for a friends wedding in a few weeks. I Just looked at the map for the venue and realized it is ~4 blocks from skid row according to google maps. I am sure it will be awesome, its some trendy art space and one of our friends getting married is a drag queen. My wife is super pissed she has to go to a gay drag wedding sober.

Downtown LA is weird in that you'd expect it to be like going to a downtown of another major city, but until roughly 10 years no one really lived there, just worked there. It's not that many blocks from incredibly expensive office buildings to skid row, but now there are a lot of good breweries and places to eat that are usually located in crappier areas. I remember being surprised the Starbucks I passed daily during the work week was closed on weekends back in 2008, and DTLA only got a proper grocery store sometime around 2007 to 2010 (ignoring the ones that were there in the 50s or however long ago). Now a lot more people live there and you'll find plenty of things to do on the weekend, but it's not like going to midtown in New York.

If you're in the ghetto and like beer, check out Mumford Brewing. It's located in the heart of Skid Rowkyo (Little Tokyo / Skid Row intersection), to the point that a lot of the local parking spots are going be taken by tents and personal items spilling out into the street, but it's a great brewery and a cool space. You can order food from the bar next door and they'll deliver, and you can be a total goon and get the Fat Albert burger (Provolone, apple wood smoked bacon, maple syrup with a glazed doughnut bun). I haven't actually tried that one, but there a lot of other interesting choices.

Also, check out Grand Central Market for food, and MOCA if you like contemporary art (it's only ok as far as modern art goes). You could try to wait in line to get into The Broad, but you may be waiting for a long time on the weekend.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Theres some girl I met a month ago and I call her MomJeans because she was wearing mom jeans and your username makes me laugh because I remember MomJeans.

Mom jeans are huge in all the hipster areas in LA, I wonder if that trend has spread across the country.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

She was working in a cocktail shrimp bar when she met you?

I'm partial to this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJEofeTdOk

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's loving horrible, and not in a good way it's just bad.

loving horribly awesome, yes, I agree

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I like that we've had a ridiculously dry fall and winter, and now you're here for one of the few times it's going be cloudy and rainy, good timing!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Anyone used a mobile tire installer? I went to order new tires and they have an option for getting them installed at your home or office for $25/tire. I have a tire place I like, but it's a huge pain to get there now and $100 to mount and balance 4 tires isn't much more (or any) than I usually pay, I just wonder how well they mount and balance doing it mobile.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

They actually list their equipment on Tirerack's website:

Mounting Equipment: Hunter TC3300 RunFlat capable touchless
Balancing Equipment: Hunter GSP9600 balancer

But I don't know anything about equipment so I can't say if those are good or not. FWIW, I have 16" wheels with regular (not runflat) tires, so I don't think it's the hardest mounting / balancing job.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

rdb posted:

Sounds decent. Its not road force but it still uses a contact roller. I would give them a try. Hunter or coats are generally considered the best.

I just realized mobile probably means no alignment, which means I probably have to go to a shop anyway. I'm assuming they don't do mobile alignments?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I just want to go buy all of this guy's Z's. Seems like it's a collector dumping a bunch of cars at once, and they may have enough money to have done things right. Except for that battery relocation on the orange 240z. And the 280z needs a manual transmission.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

She was walking her bike apparently, so I don't think she cycled out into the lanes quickly.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Ordered tired from TireRack, had them shipped to their recommended mobile installer (ASAP Tires), ended up being really easy except I didn't find out they need 9'6" of clearance until after I selected them as the installer, and my office parking garage has a 6'6" max. Had them install at my house (in the pouring rain), but I was impressed the guy rattle gunned them on most of the way then took out an actual torque wrench for the final tightening. That alone makes me willing to reuse them.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Just get tadalafil in solution that some shady site made after ordering kilos of it from China, way cheaper than legit pills. Had a family member ask if boner pills would be cheaper on "the dark web," said I have no idea but I'll check, then of course it turns out every "research peptide / chemical" company around offers something like 90 doses for half the cost of ONE pill.

everdave posted:

OK I am just asking because a lot of us are cat folks. I apparently have fleas in the house now. Not an infestation but I have found some fleas. What can I do? My house is spotless and I feel so powerless. I haven't let the cat in for a few weeks, my ex wife just started letting her in this past winter. Would really love to hear any advice. I have two kids and they are very sensitive to chemicals and smells and things like that. Help.

Do you have carpet? Flea medicine for the cat ASAP, and if you have carpet find some serious chemical poo poo and bomb the carpet multiple times, making sure to vacuum often.

I had an old roommate who had cats and we developed a flea problem, she insisted on trying to do everything "natural" and it got BAD. That poo poo will get out of control fast, eventually she got the strongest stuff she could find and finally nuked them.

*edit*
Tadalafil will probably not help the flea problem, but it will help the no boner problem

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 23, 2018

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I got new tires last week and they've been making sounds like the sticker is still on each tire, but no sticker. People thought it may be adhesive, but it's been almost a week and it's still loud (and tied to wheel speed). I'm wondering if the valve stems could be doing it? I've never even heard of that before, but I can't figure what else it could be.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It sounds like it's coming from more than one tire is the strange thing. If you remove the tires from the wheels, I'm assuming they'll have to be balanced again, right?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

dee eight posted:

Yeah, if you break it down and remount it needs re balanced. Maybe get it on a lift and spin each one and see if it's something not contact related. Only other ideas that presents atm is improperly torqued lugnuts or maybe a slightly warped disc? I dunno. It's been decades since I worked in a tire shop.

Yeah the car was at the mechanic the next day for shocks and they didn't see anything, and I'm assuming they had to remove and reinstall the wheels for the shocks. Guess it's off to the tire store for me.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Bajaha posted:

The sorry thing is so ingrained that we have laws to protect us so that saying sorry is not considered an admission of guilt.

That's amazing.

Re: heat, I can stand it when it's 100 degrees in July and August, although I leave my back door open for my dogs all day and my AC is super old so my electric bill is insane, but come September it starts driving me crazy, and then October is usually hot right up until the end of the month. It is a dry heat at least, but it makes doing anything outside miserable for months of the year.

The upside is I can ride a motorcycle 12 months of the year, and most of my gear is ventilated. An adidas jacket until my bike jacket and a neck gaitor are pretty much all I need, though my hands can get cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

After I got new tires I couldn't figure out why my tires were making sound, and supposedly my mechanic took a look at it while I was getting new shocks. Finally said gently caress it and jacked the car up, found the issue in about 3 seconds - the wheel weights were mounted towards the outer edge, meaning they hit the brake caliper every revolution. It would have been a lot easier if my mechanic just said, "oh, I forgot to check."

• Locked thread