Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...back when trance was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah stewing over stuff that happened years ago suggests issues. Life is poo poo mainly due to people who are most definitely poo poo in most cases but resigning yourself to a life of misery because of it is not the way to do things.

...but if you want to go that route there's a thread in GBS about involuntary celibacy which highlights just how broken some dudes are. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849302&pagenumber=1

I had a bad pizza once, every pizza since that one has been wonderful.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Definitely not something to wear in public, but if raves somehow resurge outside of the club scene, it'd be nice to be prepared. :v:

UK still does illegal raves. The amount happening in London alone has doubled in a year because of the obscene prices to keep clubs open and the fact developers keep building housing right next to venues that have been operating for years. Housing is sold, buyers complain of noise, club is eventually forced to piss money away on ineffectual sound proofing, buyers complain, club eventually closes. So illegal raves happen...

And I'm still legit annoyed that US kids use the term to describe legal, massively well-arranged, watered down EDM events.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That song is great and is the only karaoke song my voice works for.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

You know those tracks that pop into your head randomly when you're doing stuff? Today I've been hit by a pretty boss one.

Simon Haseley's Hammerhead. It's on some James Bond soundtrack steez, it's superb. 1972. It's been sampled a whole stack too by hip hop producers so you may recognise it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdShIifXf4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KakerMix posted:

From everything I've seen they don't actually salt their roads everywhere, or even in most places. I've read that some prefectures use de-icing compounds.

Most people don't realise that Japan is very much on it when it comes to keeping roads clear and intact. Perfect example here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/15/japan-fixes-vast-fukuoka-city-sinkhole-repaired-two-days

If that happened in the UK it'd take about 3 weeks before they even started doing poo poo, but completely filled in within 48 hours? That's next level infrastructure.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 15, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

There is a guy in that thread arguing that these dudes are not mentally ill. Like seriously.

You're aware what website you're on, right?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Seminal Flu posted:

But tomatoes are fruit. :eng101:

Real Gs use jerk sauce instead. :whatup:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

~5 minutes a week is something I could live with personally.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

Also, I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right wrist, anyone else do this? I've never worn one on my left wrist, even as a child.

I'm a leftie and wear a watch (if ever I do) on me left wrist.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If a person can't be trusted to actually y'know, pay attention whilst driving they don't deserve to hold a license. It's amazing she hasn't hit anyone and I guess it's good that she only looks at her phone whilst stopped but holy poo poo do you not think that maybe she has a problem?

I wouldn't get in a car with someone like that, married or otherwise.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

freelop posted:

How does leaving a car 10 days break a coil spring?
Surely that should be a part that goes whilst being driven

TIME TO BUY COILOVERS

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

"Comments are disabled for this video."

This always translates as "We are wrong but don't want to have to hear it".

Yeesh, no poo poo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm impressed it took this long to be honest.

Also I'm still lolling that the majority of people did a survey and said they'd only buy a self-driving car if in the event of an unavoidable crash it protected the occupants over random pedestrians.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

True nothing is perfect but reports are suggesting she 'came from the shadows' into the road. I thought that was the point of having all those radar arrays on self driving cars? Or can they not see in the dark?? You imagine the car saw her but didn't know what to do as she was approaching the road, I imagine the default would be 'apply brakes slightly' just in case. I guess the programming is going to be tweaked a bit from this point to the old driving classic 'assume everyone around you is an idiot trying to hit you, assume every pedestrian is going to walk out on you'

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Geoj posted:

My guess would be those little Doppler radar units can't get a consistent hit off of something as small as a human body. Quick google search shows pedestrian avoidance systems utilize a combination of radar and optical sensors, so it being dark out likely contributed to the system failing.

If the sensors can't pick up a human body then I guess they're kinda pointless...?? Sending a car out that can't see pedestrians shouldn't be that much of an issue in the US because no oval office walks anywhere but holy poo poo it still mowed some poor fucker down.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If getting probated is happening for calling out a bunch of dumb moron poo poo then hit me up with one too. Cheers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I appear to be going out on a date with an incredibly attractive tiny redhead who loves cars next week.

Life; good ??

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wrong sex. Also about a foot too tall.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

spog posted:

How tall are you and do you have red hair?

:lol:

Hold on now sir...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm doing car body repair, replacing the incredibly rotten arches which have been a complete dick to remove.

Currently hitting sheet metal into shapes and I'm finding it pretty enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

My friend is a diiiiiiiick

"OH HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT MY GRANDFATHER GAVE ME FOR GRADUATING MEDICAL SCHOOL"

Schweet. What's that loaded with and more importantly, is it a manual?

• Locked thread