Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Welcome to America, yo. I can't have a beer at the festival, but before the livestock auction they prayed for all the concealed carriers in the audience.

The auction is for school children who have raised the animals, btw. And before they show the animals they say the pledge of allegiance, sing the national anthem, and do a prayer. The prayer centered around guns and murica, and then when he was done he said how we should ALL pray and be thankful for those in the audience who are carrying firearms because "pew-teen" wants to nuke us, and Donald Trump will make us strong.

This is an event run by and for the schools, sponsored by the county and state.

But on the dry subject, I grew up in a dry county. Hell, Jack Daniels is distilled in a county where you can't buy said product. But you can surely buy a loving gun.

Jesus loving wept. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fingernails too. A little plastic ball hitting your fingernail at 400 fps hurts like a motherfucker.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm going to be in Victoria B.C. 28th March - 7th April. Anyone even close to that area want to meet and talk poo poo about cars?

Oh hey yeah that's where I live! I think there's a couple other AI posters from Victoria too. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to be in town that week since I have a cutover at work around then but I'll have that figured out in the next few days.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

People in hosed emotional states try to gently caress other people's emotional states to level the playing field.

Totally unrelated, I'm thinking of doing a road trip this summer. Starting in Victoria, BC and going... somewhere. I just want to grab my NEXUS and passport, hit the highway and go.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Ever get a single sharp chest cramp in or below the ribcage and rather than assuming pulled muscle or whatever you instantly jump straight to well this is it, this is the end

Yeah that's basically my general reaction to that. Usually accompanied by me throwing out whatever prayers I know despite not being a prayin' man

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CornHolio posted:

Apparently it's pancreatitis

Jesus, he's definitely been hitting the sauce hard then. That's rehab levels of alcohol dependency. Sorry to hear that :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I can handle broken people. I can't handle incels.

They're beyond the broken event horizon.

Speaking of incels, apparently the regular car reviews guy keeps buying lovely cars he likes and then realizes that he's bought either something he doesn't want to daily or a busted rusting piece of poo poo. He's now chewed through some kind of 04 Subaru wagon because he didn't get it inspected before buying and lol turns out one of the control arms is literally rusted straight through.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rdb posted:

I thought that was being fixed, at least the last RCR I saw had that in the shop getting a new lower control arm under recall.

Oh that's good, I wholly expected him to just throw it away and spend that sweet sweet youtube money on another shitbox that would last six months like a Ford Probe

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

Pepperoni, bacon, and chorizo. On this hill I am prepared to die.

Aw yeah. That's how you do a pizza.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Well the more I find out the worse she looks in this. She just ballooned up and has no interest in working to lose the weight. She put on 200 pounds since high school and I guess enough was enough for him.

Jesus H. Christ.

I've put on 40 since high school and that's a fair bit for a dude who's 5'4" and here I am thinking about trying goddamn keto out.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I've always wondered what's the deal with eBay watches. Are they lovely counterfeits or are they just like the off-brand chinese OEM stuff that didn't pass Timex's QA with flying colours or whatever?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Seminal Flu posted:

Also: Can testify -- Fort Wayne schools can be killing fields. Only the strong survive.

This is the most American sentence I've read in weeks.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Also a way to call rational thinking racist because you're a SJW dipshit.

:gb2gbs:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

Wait you think I banned politics because I like guns?

I banned politics because it does exactly what it just did here, turned everyone from friendly folk talking about eachothers issues and helping eachother, to ravenous dingleberries jumping at eachothers' throats. If it's just ilkhan and/or ozimander I'll make sure to ding them appropriately but frankly I'm concerned about the level of "this dude's a piece of poo poo because he doesn't agree with me" going on.

If ilkhan were to come in here and say something racist out of the blue I'd obviously ding him, but he was responding to nm's post about race with his own view and y'all jumped on him about it. Easiest way to make sure that doesn't happen is to ban the practice of talking about politically charged issues, but I want y'all to be able to do it, so be adults about it please.

See this is the "your opinion is super wrong and therefore you're subhuman" poo poo I'm talking about.

Quit being emotionally charged about issues or don't respond to issues.

It's not "this dude's a piece of poo poo because he doesn't agree with me", it's "this dude has a pattern of varying levels of racist shitposting and it's ripping a hole in the community unabated".

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Counting the days before I gently caress off to Canada next week myself. I'm seeing a hockey game in Vancouver which I am looking forward to a fuckload - I'll have NFI what is going on but whatever :D

I apologize that our NHL team blows these days.

If you're seeing a Giants game though you're in for a treat. The WHL is smaller enough than the NHL that poo poo gets rowdy and the fans are excited as gently caress. The arena they're in now is pretty much brand new too.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

everdave posted:

Thanks man! As par for the course she has calmed down and says it is ok we go to Florida tomorrow. My first time taking kids alone so far so hope all goes well.

You still have, like, video evidence of her trying to smash your front door camera, right?

Because I'm sorry man, but you're going to fuckin need it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Galler posted:

It certainly shouldn't be but I think it actually is due to some terrible architecture decisions made a long time ago. AFAIK that's a big part of why lowtax has had issues keeping this place going. It's either spend a bunch of money to migrate everything to a reasonable platform or keep spending a bunch (but lesser amount) of money to keep the current abomination running.

Radium's ghost will haunt this place until it and/or Lowtax dies.

Actually thinking about that, I'm curious as to what the "in case of Lowtax's untimely end" plan for SA is. Does ZDR get the keys and then promptly fake his own death? Or does the place literally just disappear after two months of unpaid hosting bills?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm from the Canadian chunk of the PNW so the hottest we get up here on the regular during summer is in the upper 70s to low 80s F (around 27-29 C) and the hottest irregularly is maaaaybe low 90s F (low-mid 30s C) if the local deity decides it's going to ruin us one summer. The worst heat I have ever experienced was stepping out of McCarran International Airport in late June during a heat wave and being confronted by a literal wall of 119 F (48 C) heat.

I'll pass on doing that again anytime soon.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ilkhan posted:

When I was in Vegas last July it was hitting 120. loving hot. Sacramento was only 5 degrees cooler, though. 😢

Heh, you and I might have been there around the same time then. I was there for Cisco Live, basically end of June/beginning of July.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Steel Panther is hilarious. I've ridden dirt bikes in the desert with those guys, and partied with them in various places as well as one of their daughters living in my house for awhile. They're cool as gently caress, and the music is legit.

:stare:

I am extremely curious as to what led to literally all of those circumstances.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Making hot cross buns with candied fruit and peel should be a crime. Currants and raisins, god dammit! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Victoria B.C. is a really, really nice place and I completely understand why Aussies come here and dont leave. Bit cold for my liking right now but eh. Any place that is as well set for cycling as this place is rules.

Oh hey welcome. Yeah it's a bit chilly here tonight but I can guarantee you it's still one of the warmest spots in the country right now. :canada:

• Locked thread