Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

Loaded with anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, and a clean bill of health otherwise, he decided he was hot on the ride back:

THEY'RE GOOD DOGS, BRENT

That looks like the merc. If so, gj being awesome adiabatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Neither, really. Taco Bueno is pretty decent for fast food.

Gonna miss them when I move - there's only one in the entire Austin area, and it's nowhere near where I'll be living. I think most of their Texas locations are in Abilene and DFW.

:stonk:

I miss taco bueno. gently caress the bell when I'm home, gimmie taco bueno every time.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pet dat kitty. Its a good kitty.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flX-2IY04ag

45 minutes of burnouts, drifting, donuts, jumps, and general hooning in literally every kind of vehicle. And no talking. Everything from their last year of videos.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yearly review was today. Boss was super complementary and nice. I may need to talk to my district manager since he seems to be concerned that I'm losing my push to progress further. There was recently a chance to take over a store 5 minutes away from my current one, but I didn't put in for it since I decided I'd be a poor fit. That store has severe personnel issues that needs an experienced store manager adept at handling interpersonal disputes because its going to have alot of them. (The assistant there got the job due to lack of options and already half his staff has asked for transfers. Dude is horrible at managing personnel issues. And an rear end in a top hat.) It also has severe operational issues that I see no way out of unless they radically change how they let that store manager run the store.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Eh, I'm already management at my store and have expressed interest in running my own store. However that is really a stepping stone for me into the corporate side of the company, preferably the training department. One of the things I draw the most enjoyment from is training new team members, teaching long time people new stuff and general poo poo like that. Gives me the warm and fuzzies. :3:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

ilkhan posted:

gently caress I might need to get that as a tat. Same pattern, too, as that matches my old Mustang.

Thats the car guy equivalent of the basic white girl infinity symbol on the wrist. I say do it.

Or get the firing order for the mustang there if you really want something mustang related.

Edit: looking up the firing order brought me to this dudes videos. Holy poo poo they're awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKSPLdCiCo

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 21, 2018

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

epic bird guy posted:

Tires:

My car came with a spare set of wheels so now I have no excuse to not have legitimate seasonal swaps. Right now I have winter tires on and nothing on the spare set but because the seasons are changing I've been thinking about what I want to do. I can't decide between summers or just a good set of all seasons for the warmer weather since I live in an area where the lines between winter and summer are pretty blurred.

Thoughts/recommendations?

It would probably depend on if it gets regularly below 40°f where you're at during summer. If yes, get all seasons and where the gently caress do you live, the god damned north pole? If no, get summers and hoon on those. Fwiw, the riken raptors I have on year long been excellent all year long, even through our short cold snaps. They're still for the first 500ft or so, then start warming up and go back to normal. Absurdly good in the wet too.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

No, your whining that some white kids are eating the same punishment as everyone else is the racist part. To repeat, it is your whining thats racist. It is NOT equality in sentencing that is racist. :eng101:

Edit: you posted that while I was typing. Not editing. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd be perfectly happy to have polite and civil conversations with people about cars on the internet without them dragging up whatever insecurities they have. But if someone wants to make bullshit racist comments, I'd much rather see them get called out and have to defend their horse poo poo than ignore it because it might be tedious or uncomfortable to watch. I see dog whistled racism and borderline sexist poo poo thrown at coworkers 5 days a week where I can't do a damned thing about it. I'd rather not see it when I'm trying to relax too, but at least here I can tell the person to gently caress off.

Its not a matter of political differences, its a matter of being a decent human being when it comes to racism.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I've got not tolerance for that poo poo anymore. I grew up working with my dad whenever I was at his house for the weekend and people would legitimately sic dogs on us. Or even worse, the dog would come barreling at us across the yard after they stupidly opened the door, snarling and snapping at us while they shouted from the porch how he was just a sweetheart who wanted to play. More than once I dropped the 28ft fiberglass ladder I carried while working with him on someones dog or my dad beaned it over the head with a 12" crescent wrench when they pulled that poo poo. I like dogs and feel bad for having to injure one, but I'm not getting a chunk torn out of me because a dog's owner was a dipshit who never gave it a minute of training.

Even now at oreillys I've had some redneck with their non trained (or worse "I made him more aggressive so he'll bite robbers!") pitbull in their truck want codes read and I've refused to do it until the dog is gone.

Dogs are good, cats are better. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The issue is the eggs they lay. There will be more than enough to re-infest later all the time - Flea bombing really is the only way to break the life cycle if they have gotten themselves established.

Bed bugs are even worse. They are unbelievably hard to get rid of without professional equipment to heat and hold a house at 150°F. I used a horribly not recommended method with using forced air propane heaters that worked on my infestation last year, but it looks like its reoccurred. At least I have the equipment to do it again if necessary. :sigh:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Bed bugs can live for 18 months without eating and then come back.

Yeah. One of the advantages of using heat is that its supposed to sterilize the ones that escape. Except I didn't get the other bedroom hot enough, so some seemed to survive and can still reproduce.

everdave posted:

How do you even go on if you get bed bugs oh my just so gross.

Also I may Be the only person on earth seriously
Drooling over the new 19 Corolla hatch

Because I have no other options? Also, you got fleas bitch, you don't get to judge. :v:

And no, you're not. I kinda want a corolla hatch.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 24, 2018

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Eh, sorry. Just touchy since I still have scars down my arms and legs from the first infestation. Fwiw, alot of the same treatments for bedbugs work on fleas since they are similar enough. If your dryer has a sanitize setting, regularly drying your bedding on it for 45 minutes can help limit their spread there. Also helpful is harris's bedbug spray. Its not as harsh as using raid or something like that and effective at spot treating. But bombing will be the most effective. Good luck buddy :shobon:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh, a fun and somewhat disgusting fact about certain flea treatments. Some of the major flea medications for animals act by literally making the blood poisonous to fleas. This also affects bedbugs in the same manner should they bite an animal being treated for fleas with this medication. Its possible to dose a human being to become poisonous to bedbugs with said medication for about $40. However it fucks with white blood cell production in human beings, so you suffer from a depressed immune system while it works its way out of your system. That said, its depressingly common for people who cannot afford the $1000+ it costs for professional treatments.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Like people said, flea dip the cat and get it taken care of, spray your floors, treat the cats main hangout areas, dry your bedding on high heat and you should be fine. If necessary you can bomb the house, but that takes half a day, not a week. And the betas should probably be covered or taken out of the house if you do.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

everdave posted:

Thanks man

Oh, I almost forgot. Spread crushed up mothballs in the yard to kill the fleas out there. It works, trust me. We had to fight fleas before the bedbugs! :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Also today someone told me I looked like "that dude from Sum 41" and I've never wanted to murder someone so quickly before.

Maybe he just mean you had a fat lip

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Nothing. You should have bought it sight unseen, then taken an uber over so you have to drive it home.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I sincerely hope you're documenting this poo poo with proof with your divorce lawyer. I'm sure you don't want to use it against her in court, but if it becomes necessary, you'll need it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Had a bowl of Crispix with a banana this morning. Good stuff.

Here's my late new page toll. No car, but it is my dog.

Dats a good doggo. V happy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Steel panther is very much not serious about themselves. Its a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The rb26 water pump gasket looks like a dong. In fact it is the best water pump dong I've run across so far.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/kameari-water-pump-rb26dett.html

• Locked thread