Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

IOwnCalculus posted:

I have a defective cat.

That's a bolt cutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

MomJeans420 posted:

I got a new Great Dane from the rescue, was supposedly two but behaves more like a one year old puppy. Here he is destroying a pillow an hour ago, as I watch from work, powerless to stop him

https://i.imgur.com/dLguWNT.mp4

*edit*
Here's my old Dane stuck in my Z

your other dog looks... concerned

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Its past 7:00 and still pretty light outside.

Daylight savings ain't so bad

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Tomarse posted:

This is my yellow saab:

I have a set of 'inca' allow wheels to go on it, like the ones in this picture:

I am about to get the wheels refurbished and powder coated

I am thinking about getting them done a different colour because silver is boring, but i'm not totally sure what to go for. I'm tempted by black or gunmetal grey but I've never seen these wheels in any other colour before in person so i'm not sure what it will look like. Has anybody got any suggestions?

Here's one I GIS'd which appears to be black and silver:

your car is so good.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Tires:

My car came with a spare set of wheels so now I have no excuse to not have legitimate seasonal swaps. Right now I have winter tires on and nothing on the spare set but because the seasons are changing I've been thinking about what I want to do. I can't decide between summers or just a good set of all seasons for the warmer weather since I live in an area where the lines between winter and summer are pretty blurred.

Thoughts/recommendations?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Thanks for the replies.

I'm in MN. Summer temps aren't a concern, its mostly spring and fall which can oscillate between freezing and warm pretty regularly. So I guess its a choice between Winter/Summer which means using the winters longer and wearing them faster vs Winter/All-season which allows me to have the all-seasons on longer. I'd like to say I'd use summers May-October, but light snow in May and October is not unheard of.

That said summers would be the right tool for the job for sure in June-September.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Motronic posted:

It kinda depends on the car and your driving style besides the other things mentioned. What vehicle are we talking about here?

Summer tires on a Prius are going to have a lot less benefit than summer tires on a Miata.

Saab 9-5 Arc. Not super sporty but not a dog either. I drive pretty commuter-ey most of the time.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Motronic posted:

You're not going to get a hell of lot out of dedicated summers (that will wear quickly) compared to touring tires on something like that. Especially with commuter driving. Don't drop the cash on something you can't wring the last penny out of.

I'm still definitely saying get non-winter tires. Just not dedicated high performance summers.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Re: tire chat for the bird individual. Get a dedicated set of winter tires (Blizzaks are my go to) and good all seasons. The best all season passenger car tire I’ve ever had are the Continental DWS. Great traction even in snowy salt lake winters and low road noise as they age. The ride is compliant and comfortable. A+ rating from me. I’ve got some on my beater Mazda6 and will be replacing them with the exact same thing later this year.

Glad to see that my indecision is validated by varying opinions. I'm not ready too pull the trigger yet, just planning ahead for spring, not helped by the fact that I got a tire rack catalog in the mail.

My current set of winters are Blizzaks, so I'm in good shape there.

Adiabatic posted:

or get some sleepytime tea.

Going with throat coat since I have a cold :11tea:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Wrar posted:

Throat coat is good stuff. Feel better!

Thanks! Its not that bad, just bad enough

e: THE TOLL

epic bird guy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 22, 2018

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

my political opinion is that complaining about sixxers is and always will be extremely lame

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Yeah on one hand if we are going to accept robotic cars, we have to understand that they will kill some people some times. Safer? Maybe. Completely harmless? Not a chance. The question is who is responsible when harm is done. In this case a prototype owned by Uber is completely their responsibility imo.

Also Uber is a garbage company that deserves every bad result of its actions.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

cakesmith handyman posted:

If I was a "driver" for this program right now I'd leave asap, they'll try to throw her to the wolves and they haven't a great history of treating their employees/independent contractors well.

Yeah Uber drivers should understand that they're financing their own obsolescence and since they're contractors they have no rights when the company cuts the cord on them. Granted I think the company will finish its descent down the drain long before they can implement robo-taxis.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Previa_fun posted:

on the other hand I noped out after someone was calling folks' workplaces and poo poo.

gently caress that.

Me too. I'm considering getting rid of it completely.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

The Door Frame posted:

I decided to delete it after I realized that I was just using it as an RSS feed for like 4 news outlets and a few lifestyle blogs, instead of as a social network

What I'm wrestling with is that I do use it as a social network, but pretty much just with messenger, not any of the other features.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Fermented Tinal posted:

Got approved for the voluntary summer layoff at work. There's some caveats in the form of shifts where I'm required to be in to cover for the two people I'm a backup for. Looks like I'll only be able to collect unemployment during May. After tomorrow, I have to work 4 shifts in April, 1 in early May, 6 in mid to late June, and 6 in July. Layoff ends on Aug 2nd.

I had figured that they'd do this, and that it'd gently caress me for collecting EI but I'm okay with that because with essentially most of April and May off I'm hoping to call HR before June to inform them I'm not returning or able to work those shifts (especially since once is my Bro's birthday and I'm not missing that). This is gonna be my Year of the Job, AI, it must be, it will be.

How are you only able to collect UI for May if you'll be out of work or have reduced hours until August?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Fermented Tinal posted:

3 weeks for it to start, can't apply until after my last April shift. Don't plan on being "unemployed" after May. Hell, I'm gonna start looking for my exit as soon as this block is over. I'd love to not need the layoff and ei at all.

Keep in mind that I work 12 hour shifts and so that's like a day and a half, gov will look at 6 shifts and say I worked two weeks. A full pay is 7 and I'm using up my vacation days in April.

Rough. Too bad it takes so long to kick in.

• Locked thread