Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

everdave posted:

Ya'll talking about relationships and sex or what not, I'm getting divorced and my ex just thinks I should pay her over $1k a month for the rest of eternity and anything other than that is unreasonable. We split the kids 50/50 too! I am just shaking I don't know what to do. I'm 40 and self-employed what if I get sick?

Just because I make X amount in sales a month does not mean that is what I make. I don't know what to do, very scared. Just so many threats.

Document it and let your lawyer or the judge know. Make sure you document when she drops the kids off as well. I remember you mentioned she drops them off days ahead of time on occasion. That will play into your favor. Just be the better person, refrain from drinking/drugs, and don’t call names etc. Its all you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Fermented Tinal posted:

I was gonna longpost this but then decided not to.

My reasons for moving to and living where I do have decided to divest themselves of the area and move somewhere a couple hours away. I'm mad. I'm not mad at them for it, I'm mad at myself for ever having moved up here in the first place. I'm mad at myself for buying this house, getting my lovely as gently caress job, and doing it for reasons other than self-benefit. I'm mad that I've squandered several more years of my life with this bullshit.

I'm now actively job hunting in an area I don't really want to live in either and considering an up to 3 hour commute just so that I can eventually get out of this shithole city.

I wonder what the look on my boss' face is gonna be when on Friday night I ask him if I can use him as a reference.

Your post about how much Dupont schedule sucked made me reconsider applying to a couple different jobs. I hope you find something that works out for you. Also, I had a 150 mile 2.5 hour round trip commute, that got expensive in anything other than a prius. Not recommended.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I hope your at the speedway.
E: because I can’t think of any other reason to be there.

rdb fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 8, 2018

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Lazy poor people scamming the system for $1500 a year in income tax avoidance pay far more, proportionate to their remaining 'fun' money (to spend on sweet stuff like electricity, water & power, heat, and food) than do rich people thanks to sales taxes and gasoline taxes and all the other income-not-considered fees people have to pay to live anywhere that maintains a relatively functional police force, street lights, schooling system, etc.

EIC is a lot more than $1500. Its not tax avoidance, its getting a large amount back that you never put in. The anecdote about his sister getting $7k back, she may have only put in $1k to begin with. The rest of her “refund” is actually earned income credit. It may have been a little fraudulent in her case since the children’s father was paying all the bills. Its usually reserved for people who file as “head of household” IE single parent.

Full disclaimer, I don’t mind paying my taxes. I don’t mind welfare or the people that receive it.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I have used mobile tire services on truck and tractor tires with good results. For a car, I would ask the same questions I ask any shop. Primarily, who made your balancer and when was it last calibrated? If they can’t answer either beware. After multiple attempts and multiple shops I have found hunter road force machines the best, but I doubt those work in a cube van.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Sounds decent. Its not road force but it still uses a contact roller. I would give them a try. Hunter or coats are generally considered the best.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

MomJeans420 posted:

I just realized mobile probably means no alignment, which means I probably have to go to a shop anyway. I'm assuming they don't do mobile alignments?

If you need an alignment, then yes, go to a shop. It requires a rack and some expensive measuring equipment.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Kazinsal posted:

I can handle broken people. I can't handle incels.

They're beyond the broken event horizon.

Speaking of incels, apparently the regular car reviews guy keeps buying lovely cars he likes and then realizes that he's bought either something he doesn't want to daily or a busted rusting piece of poo poo. He's now chewed through some kind of 04 Subaru wagon because he didn't get it inspected before buying and lol turns out one of the control arms is literally rusted straight through.

I thought that was being fixed, at least the last RCR I saw had that in the shop getting a new lower control arm under recall.

That incel thread is horrid. I physically can’t watch the video.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

cakesmith handyman posted:

LIDAR. Shadows.

I bet Volvo are heavily regretting partnering with Uber right now, they'll forever have their name and a picture of their safest SUV linked to the first autonomous driving kill.

I thought tesla already had that honor with a model s vs. semi turning left.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I wouldn’t bother with summer tires in that case. They tend to wear out quick, the last set of pilot sports I had lasted 12k. Just get a good set of all seasons and a set of winters.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

everdave posted:

OK I am just asking because a lot of us are cat folks. I apparently have fleas in the house now. Not an infestation but I have found some fleas. What can I do? My house is spotless and I feel so powerless. I haven't let the cat in for a few weeks, my ex wife just started letting her in this past winter. Would really love to hear any advice. I have two kids and they are very sensitive to chemicals and smells and things like that. Help.

Start by treating the cat, frontline doesn’t really work, advantage or whatever its called is ok. There is also a flea collar that lasts 6mo and costs about $50 that works. If your still finding fleas in the house after that you will need to flea bomb where the cat hangs out.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
You can take her to the vet, or you can find the meds yourself at petsmart or the likes. The vet will have the best stuff but will be the most expensive.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

nm posted:

Does anyone know if prius 12V outlets are weaker than others?
I was trying to add a few PSI to my mom's prius tires with a 12V air compressor, and it barely ran. Switched to powering off my mazda, and it was way faster.

Was the car “ready” or just switched to accessory? I think my old prius C ran at higher voltage when “ready”. 14.x sounds familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

jonathan posted:

Dodge 545rfe auto trans. Low line pressure code, and it's slipping during shifts.

1)Filter change and fluid swap.

2)Dead pressure pump.

3)Rebuild required.

Taking bets. Winner gets a flaccid dick pic.

If its slipping your too late, rebuild required gets my vote. Sorry.

• Locked thread