Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

BigPaddy posted:

I bought an old 350 SBC that has been sitting about for years off Facebook for $200. I am fully expecting it to be junk as soon as I pull the heads and going to have to get it honed and put over sized pistons in. I am going to do everything apart from the machine shop work on the block myself since I have no vehicle to put it in and just wanted a SBC to play around with since the parts for them are everywhere and cheap.

Expect a thread of me flipping it off a lot and buying shares in the company that makes WD40 after going through gallons of it.

How old what kind? Got a casting number for the block and heads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

BigPaddy posted:

1972 from a Monte Carlo 2 bolt main. WIll get the casting numbers when I clean the crap off

Watch cragislist or ebay for a cheap dual plane aluminum intake for a 4 barrel. It'll probably have a cast iron intake on it for a 4 (if your lucky). Did it turn over at all? if it did your probably ok on the block. Heads are probably low compression but if they are in good shape send them to the machine shop for a hot tank with the block so at least you'll have something. You can rent a valve spring tool for like zero bucks from any one of the auto parts stores.

• Locked thread