Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Larrymer posted:

I still don't have sex because the 6 month old taking up every waking minute, though. :v:

this will never improve/change. sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Disagree - I mean it's still a pressure on things but when they're older and have a more predictable sleep schedule, you can work around it.

This was largely sarcastic, but text and tone/sarcasm detection via text on the internet, blah blah blah and here we are. :)

Having said that, the past week has been horrible. sickness doesn't help, but my 5yo is not sleeping much better than the 9mo (aka barely at all), so after kids go to bed it's clean up for an hour, then she passes out while I try to stay awake and manage the wakeups so we can both take turns over night. It's a really rough spot for us right now, and our kids are amazing and WILL grow out of it. Just trying to be patient. :)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

angryrobots posted:

Y'all definitely need to have kids-free days scheduled from time to time, if you're not already. Even if it's just a day of hanging out at home.

That’s something we are working on. We tend to be more focused on the kids than us, but we recognize it as a weak point and are making efforts to rectify it. Have I mentioned that my wife is amazing? There is literally no one in the world I could imagine doing this with.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

But then I'd be reading something in GBS.... I'm not sure I can handle that.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Being a relative newb to watches beyond battery powered quartz movement, I could use some input...

My better half bought me a Victorinox Automatic as an engagement present (we've been married 6 years now) which I really love, but it's been picking up more and more time (in the realm of 5+minutes a week). I sent it in to get serviced, and they come back with $375 to rebuild. With the cost of shipping (another $35), that puts me just $100 shy of buying a brand new version of the same watch. Digging around, it looks like they expect this every 4-6 years anyways. I like it enough to pay it this time..but do it again in another 5 years? Ouch. Is this common amongst automatics?

Ultimately, I need to decide to either decline the work and keep the watch as is and constantly adjusting it, or shelling out and getting it fixed now, and re-evaluate later on down the line. I can afford it which is nice, but that's still a lot of $$$ to fix something that I wouldn't expect to be a problem after a few comparatively short years... What would you do, goons? Sentimental value is pushing me towards the latter right now but I'm open to outside perspective.. FWIW, the better half doesn't care so much and just wants me to be happy. Have I mentioned she's awesome?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Thanks. I'll start catching up. AI is my first stop usually, because AI.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Motronic posted:

Yes. Some watches go up in value enough that by the 2nd or 3rd rebuild it's not 80% of their value anymore. But I'm not sure how that really helps you when you aren't trying to sell it.

My wife was being very thoughtful and sent away my Tag years ago to be rebuilt, as it was just sitting in a drawer. They did, it worked fine again, and then I wore it in a pool (it's supposed to be waterproof). Turns out the shop she sent it to wasn't Tag certified and didn't replace the seals like they were supposed to (she of course had no idea that was a thing to look for). So now it's hosed and sits in a drawer. Fixing it is worth way more than replacing it.

RIP. Thanks for the info!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seuPuSI1CTE

Sounds like no more motortrend youtube. Slightly annoying, but I imagine this helps their bottom line a bit.

Discuss.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Amazingly, I haven't used adblock for close to a decade, if not longer. It just never did much for me. I largely don't get annoying popups day to day, and most of the stuff I watch on youtube, I'll gladly sit through most of the 5 seconds prior to skipping if it means the content creator gets a piece.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I think everyone is saying:

Open account
Deposit bond
Take out $1k
Take out $1k
Close account

You might have to open it with $50 or something as sometimes they want some kind of 'seed' for the account.

Right..except for the waiting 60 days after turning over the bond before he can begin that pain in the rear end process...

Edit: goddamn tax... I don't have any cats in cars. But here is current cat status: They want breakfast.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 20, 2018

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I remember Robbaz from when my summer car came hit the scene and and he cracked me up. Is he any good in general?

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 20, 2018

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

What prompted all this discussion about the forums closing? lowtax being lowtax? I'm clearly not in the know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Another good use of Facebook... Find out my little sister is getting a divorce. Thanks for the phone call, sis!

• Locked thread