Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I think if the chat thread OP makes a stupid as gently caress rule we should be able to vote them a month probation qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

A truly free market should have few, if any, barriers to entry for prospective entrants, and I contend that this rule poses a needless burden on the good men and women of the shitposting industry.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Bajaha posted:

Isn't it a general rule that the more expensive the watch, sorry ahem, chronographer the worst it actually is at keeping time?

I would treat them more like fashion accessories that can give you a rough estimate of the time than something to really rely on.

Basically yeah. Most automatic watches aren't great at keeping good time, and as they get older and the mainspring tires out, they just get worse. I need to send my Tissot off to get rebuilt here fairly soon, as it's losing about a minute per day, and I've kind of been putting it off for a while now...

The Speedmaster I have, though (which I rarely wear because it has a lot of sentimental value and it's also a bit too bling for me), keeps time like a champ, when it's wound at least. Still doesn't even come close to a $20 Timex though.

• Locked thread