Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

angryrobots posted:

Today I need the coffee injected straight into my brain.

Oh yeah one of those days. Just hook me up to the amphetamine IV. One in each arm please.

In other news, we formally sold our condo today, and the seller liked it so much he paid for it twice! So if anyone need seed capital for tires or that Snap-On box you've been eyeing, hit me up before they realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yeah, I'm going to end up quitting and taking the grants. I'll get 650/month from the VA (one deployment - 50% GI bill coverage), and the grants will make up for the difference between that and rent/bills. Unfortunately I"ll still need to take out student loans, but it reduces my student loan load from 30k to 20k or less.

The most I'd be able to work is 3 days/month (4 week period), which is $500/month after 11% retirement contribution, and $360 after taxes. That's around $9k/year, which is more than the 7k/year in estimated grants. However, I can consider that as a $7k reduction in student loans, which would equal to about $1800 in deferred interest (making it close to the 9k), plus the free weekends for studying. Classes are 5 days a week.

That sounds like the smart move.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

and our greatest auction score

1985 Hilux Surf, 5 speed manual turbo diesel

You're not lying, I would drive that thing all day every day.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

cakesmith handyman posted:

:stonk:

That's horrifying.

It actually is, JFC.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
When we recently bought our house, the lawyer we hired specifically mentioned a case where a seller had taken some plants from the garden (that were growing and rooted, not in pots) and that it was not allowed; legally it's part of the property. Your jurisdiction may vary.

(But even then, that's a hosed up thing to do.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Does one need the other user's e-mail address if one wants to buy him/her platinum?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

LloydDobler posted:

Also if we're doing doggo chat, here's my daughter with her sweet puppy Daisy.

No no no, your daughter is, like, four, and is a sweet little girl that helps you out in the garage with your Volvos and calls the big wrench the daddy wrench and... :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Seminal Flu posted:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/29/597991227/why-300-000-volkswagens-are-being-stored-in-these-massive-auto-boneyards

What are the chances that VW/Audi would actually try to recertify and resell these diesels? If so, it'd have to be a fire sale price and I would be trying to jump on one or two.

Not many in not red/white/some shade of gray...

• Locked thread