Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
More bloody snow and more roads closed by abandoned cars. Took the kids to the park in a -12C snowstorm and had a kickass snowball fight, they are getting formidable.

slothrop posted:

You know, I don't think I've ever had a fresh blackcurrant. Ribena, jam, lollies etc but I can't ever think of having had a fresh one.

I grow a few bushes, they are super easy to deal with and produce a fair bit of juicy fruits, most varieties are a bit too tart to eat very many raw but they make amazing jam/booze.

Blackberries are where its at, imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Relationships are tough and need work, and even if both people put in the effort sometimes it just doesn't work out because people change over time anyway. I have been with my wife for 16 years and 2 kids now and cherish what we have, but its scary how much of that is down to luck, circumstance and suffering than any kind of romantic endeavours.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

BraveUlysses posted:

aint that the truth

gala apples are my go-to but i like fujis too

I like jazz and kanzi a lot- super crisp and juicy, strong taste and sweet. Wish I could find a place to get cuttings/saplings but they are commercial ones. Planting one thats meant to be close to a jazz this year though, as well as more cherries and some plums.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

85%+ of the reasoning for me and my wife getting married was "it would be cool to have a party for everyone we like and then go on a nice holiday" and I have zero regrets on that.

I was too drunk to eat any of the expensive cheeseboard, I do regret that I suppose, but the first hour or two of the reception was just people bringing me pints of lager or glasses of scotch and things got messy

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Mom gave me her waterlogged phone, I was hoping I could coax SOME kind of life out of it. (cat knocked it into the toilet.. thankfully clean)

It turns on and goes to "Installing system update....." for a minute, then "Failed", then to the bootloader options screen.
Sometimes it just shows the battery charging icon when plugged in, and goes to 100% immediately. But it dies the moment it's unplugged.

The googles suggest the power IC is the first thing to fail on these (Samsung Galaxy S6) when they get wet. Apparently people actually solder these tiny rear end chips on to repair phones?! :cripes: Whatever controls the charging is still obviously trying to work; my charger has an LED that changes colors once Qualcomm QC is negotiated, and it changes colors a few seconds after the phone comes to life.

e: huh, factory reset from the bootloader got it to attempt to boot. Showed the startup animation, played the T-Mobile jingle, now it's just stuck on the T-Mobile logo. Was hoping I could make it do SOMETHING.

I have had good luck with stripping stuff down as far as reasonably practicable, drying it out with dehumidifier packs while opened up and giving it repeated hosings with contact cleaner spray, but if it was used while wet the odds aren't good.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Picking a good route to get fresh air to the non standard filter box on my a4 is proving a pain.

How stupid would it be to put a hood scoop on?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rhyno posted:

I'm making moves towards getting rid of it but the options for keeping in touch with people are less convenient.

You can suspend your main profile entirely but still have the messenger app work. Thats what I did over a year ago because:

Liquid Communism posted:

Social media is a cancer.

This, so very damned much. I'm now thinking about downloading my data, running a delete script and pulling the plug entirely- most of everyone that still needed to contact me got moved over to whatsapp or sms messages. Facebook is a breeding ground/reinforcement mechanism for the worst parts of humanity, monetised, mechanised and constantly evolved.

As an aside, I too kinda appreciate keeping politics to cspam or dnd. Cars and people chat is nice. Instigators of bullshit aren't generally attracted to such things. I really like slacking off work while lurking poo poo like this thread and the last few pages were some bullshit, because like many of you, in these troubled times,

Enourmo posted:

I

am

TIRED OF IT

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Cat woke me at four twenty something this morning to announce he had a mouse by slamming his 7 kilo arse into the bedroom door then dropping it off in the bathroom for me to catch and dispatch by shoebox jai alai into the side of the house in the dawn of the day. Good start.

Decided to work from home and had a really pleasant few hours in the sun sorting new plants- looks like I only lost one redcurrant bush to a pretty harsh winter with absolutely no prep, and I got nearly a dozen ready from rootstock today- blueberries, green gooseberries and raspberrys.

Tomorrow im down on the land digging in a few fruit saplings and building a set of steps down a ditch. Worst paid yet most satisfying job I ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I went through about a year of milk/cheese giving me terrible, terrible sulphrous gas and the hot spraying shits. It went away though, and in doing so made me consider the presence of a loving god in this universe once again.

Brb while I attack a wheel of brie with a cheese knife and some salt and pepper.

• Locked thread