Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Luckily it won't make a difference to overall control of the NEC. Because you can bet if the right ever get the balance in their favour again their first act will be to vote through fifty new members all nominated by the PLP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Eddie Izzard would be the first political candidate in the UK to have been eaten by Hannibal Lecter, so he has my vote for surviving that ordeal.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
He doesn't actually seem to have any positions on anything from what I recall, other than making vague noises about "respectability" which seems weird.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean, might turn out that he's a secret Hoxhaist or something.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

jabby posted:

Luckily it won't make a difference to overall control of the NEC. Because you can bet if the right ever get the balance in their favour again their first act will be to vote through fifty new members all nominated by the PLP.

Luke Akehurst is already leading a campaign to get 9 new regional members elected to the NEC, and also there just so happens to be a Progress backed candidate for each of them ready and waiting. What are the odds

Josef bugman posted:

He doesn't actually seem to have any positions on anything from what I recall, other than making vague noises about "respectability" which seems weird.

He says that but also was on the Progress slate (despite talking up some bollocks about "ending petty factionalism") so that should tell you everything

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I thought Gaddafism was the new hot thing

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

Luke Akehurst is already leading a campaign to get 9 new regional members elected to the NEC, and also there just so happens to be a Progress backed candidate for each of them ready and waiting. What are the odds

Yup. It's so blatant to run the same trick they already pulled with the Scottish and Welsh representatives, but subtlety has never been their strong suit I imagine. Personally I wouldn't be averse the increasing the number of member's representatives, but a 33 member NEC is unwieldy enough as it is.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

MikeCrotch posted:

He says that but also was on the Progress slate (despite talking up some bollocks about "ending petty factionalism") so that should tell you everything

I think this was more down to Progress just being willing to back anyone who might beat a Left Wing pick rather than because he's in with their group.

His views are vague as hell, he can probably be convinced to join any side.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think Izzard means well, which is why I'm hoping he has a Damascene conversion due to Are Jez.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Which is more likely as that guido fawkes tweet has right wingers calling Izzard a fascist and a tranny in the replies. One genius decided to tweet just that five times which makes it so much easier to report them too.

I dunno I'm starting to get a real giddy buzz when bigots tweet their bullshit hate more than five times since it virtually guarantees they'll eat a ban for it.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

I hope he does. I used to think he was funny, but in retrospect the shines come off "Haha those Greeks must have been smoking some of that weed when they came up with those myths eh?"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mugsbaloney posted:

I hope he does. I used to think he was funny, but in retrospect the shines come off "Haha those Greeks must have been smoking some of that weed when they came up with those myths eh?"

Fine either way imo:

a) weed makes you creative

b) lmao how high were my dudes??

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I used to like Eddie Izzards standup, had several DVDs I used to watch all the time. Always came across as very Liberal.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Reckon Eddie's big issue is probably gonna be europe, since he was highly visible during the referendum campaign.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Verizian posted:

Which is more likely as that guido fawkes tweet has right wingers calling Izzard a fascist and a tranny in the replies. One genius decided to tweet just that five times which makes it so much easier to report them too.

I dunno I'm starting to get a real giddy buzz when bigots tweet their bullshit hate more than five times since it virtually guarantees they'll eat a ban for it.

Is transfascism where you force everyone to wear the extremely severe and well tailored uniform of a gender they don't identify as?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

OwlFancier posted:

Is transfascism where you force everyone to wear the extremely severe and well tailored uniform of a gender they don't identify as?

I think Transfascism is like the Gay Agenda, a codified and very definitely real series of rules and laws they intend to implement when they eventually win the culture war.

I'm excited to see what they propose.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

better not be like yon shakira law the muslamics want brung in

or the EUSSR's prohibition of bent bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
April Thread Here!

• Locked thread