Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Everyone's working from home except for me. I'm the anti-Jose

I'm currently at home, and am currently at work but there doesn't seem to be any work out in the Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex/Central & Western Berkshire/Wiltshire/Dorset area, so I'm waiting for it to come in. And no, I'm not actively chasing jobs to go and do either

3 - the number of original and best seekers in Transformers. Sorry Acid Storm, you don't count

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
just light your farts

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Looke posted:

what if they escape though

The nature of Tories was irrepressible!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Although all my children are special in their own different way “the clever one” seems to be developing a strong social conscience.

She was sat there with toast halfway to her mouth and a gormless teenage expression on; “what’s up” I say.

“The problem with boomers like grandad......is...that they are not being fair on rich people either” “how so?” “They have one of the best schools in the country there right, so with them being in a 4 bedroom house that’s like at least two rich children who don’t get to go there, and what if they are religious so they are missing out with that as well and they may be in a house that’s too small and have to share a room and that’s all because grandma and grandad can’t be bothered to do packing”

Fair point.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So in addition to imminent snow, the sea is currently also attacking my little island

https://twitter.com/portsmouthroads/status/969167800899170305

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lucky you, the salt will clear the snow and ice off the roads.

Always a silver lining innit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Although all my children are special in their own different way “the clever one” seems to be developing a strong social conscience.

She was sat there with toast halfway to her mouth and a gormless teenage expression on; “what’s up” I say.

“The problem with boomers like grandad......is...that they are not being fair on rich people either” “how so?” “They have one of the best schools in the country there right, so with them being in a 4 bedroom house that’s like at least two rich children who don’t get to go there, and what if they are religious so they are missing out with that as well and they may be in a house that’s too small and have to share a room and that’s all because grandma and grandad can’t be bothered to do packing”

Fair point.

If you figure out the secret to breeding an army of communists please write it down and I will reconsider my stance on antinatalism.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Oh poo poo, there's no strike today. I have to go to class in this awful weather. To whoever he somehow survived the picket lines this week, you're all heroes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

If you figure out the secret to breeding an army of communists please write it down and I will reconsider my stance on antinatalism.

*checks historical notes* Careful application of beatings.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Matt Hancock has announced the government is formally dropping Leveson 2, stating its job has been done.

Shameless fucks.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

OwlFancier posted:

I think it’s Corbyn’s influence.

A lot of kids today have two choices.

Option A: Accept Real grandads: beetroot faced thumb person screaming for brexit “my way or the high way” won’t listen to any criticism of the Tories. Bang on about capitalism and how Labour want to bring us back to the old days. Racist. Read daily mail. Spew forth a message of fear and hate.

Option B. Adopt The jam man as new, kinder, better, grandad.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I've genuinely thought a lot about this and the only realistic way to solve many of our issues is to kill all 65's and over:

- Housing problem including central urban areas? Empty homes so far as the eye can see.
- Wealth distribution? Limit the inheritable amount to like 50.000 or 100.000 per inheritance and distribute the rest lump sum evenly to everyone in society.
- NHS? How much time are we wasting on coffin dodgers?
- Politics? Olds vote Tory
- Environment? They hosed it so gently caress them

I don't think there's many big societal issues that couldn't be solved by a geriatric genocide. I genuinely love my parents but am willing to throw them on the pyre for the greater good.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

I've genuinely thought a lot about this and the only realistic way to solve many of our issues is to kill all 65's and over:

- Housing problem including central urban areas? Empty homes so far as the eye can see.
- Wealth distribution? Limit the inheritable amount to like 50.000 or 100.000 per inheritance and distribute the rest lump sum evenly to everyone in society.

I don't think there's many big societal issues that couldn't be solved by a geriatric genocide. I genuinely love my parents but am willing to throw them on the pyre for the greater good.

Well, if the National Grid goes belly up today, there'll be a lot fewer OAPs by the time the weekend's over. Quite the self own from the Tories there.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Junior G-man posted:

You should join my group chat where me and my mates routinely agree how much better things would be with a Logan’s run for 65 year olds.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Junior G-man posted:

Someone will whine that generational warfare is bad though. Probably either an old or a nearly old.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Party Boat posted:

The anti Jose would massively over prepare for the snow and die immediately

weather can't do poo poo to me except make me lazy

also they're cancelling the tyne ferry crossing today because of a flood warning lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Someone will whine that generational warfare is bad though. Probably either an old or a nearly old.

Corbyn, literally in the brexit speech, actually.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

jacobin did this just yesterday lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Corbyn, literally in the brexit speech, actually.

Typical old. Always said he wasn't radical enough.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

forkboy84 posted:

It's not warfare if one side is clearly winning and has the element of surprise :q:

The only thing I don't know yet is if after the spring cleaning we need to keep the same rules and send everybody a suicide pill for their 65th birthday. That we'd bill to their children.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I only work 100 yards away from my house and we've got an inch of snow at best. Selfish fuckers still wanting their medicines. I'm chilly. :mad:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:siren: kfc has run out of gravy :siren:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43226105

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

forkboy84 posted:

It's like class warfare - the people who currently benefit want to be the only ones waging it.

Junior G-man posted:

The only thing I don't know yet is if after the spring cleaning we need to keep the same rules and send everybody a suicide pill for their 65th birthday. That we'd bill to their children.
I think taking away their vote would be fine. Would really encourage being nicer to your own kids, and old people could return to the role of taking care of grand children.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Reopen the pits.

Then put the Tories inside.

Then seal them again.

Then light the pits, heating the country for decades (cf: Centralia).

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Didn't they run out of chicken last week? That chain is a dumpster fire.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Miftan posted:

they changed distributors probably to save money and its hosed them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

So they just sell chips now?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Miftan posted:

I can make fried chicken and gravy better myself at home tbh.

With a smaaalll aubergine

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Rarity posted:

So they just sell chips now?

At least rebranding won't need a logo change.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Isn't that what they're going for by turning the gas off?

learnincurve posted:

Accept Real grandads: beetroot faced thumb person screaming for brexit “my way or the high way” won’t listen to any criticism of the Tories. Bang on about capitalism and how Labour want to bring us back to the old days. Racist. Read daily mail. Spew forth a message of fear and hate.
My grandad wasn't like that. I credit growing up in an economic depression, being sent around to do the dirty work of imperialists, then realizing you have much more in common with your fellow non-posh from any corner.

In conclusion, the hardon that beetroot people have for national service and we-suffered-too-you-know hard brexit that they vaguely remember from when they were 7 might actually create some not-poo poo grandads in about 50 years time. Not especially convinced it's worth the wait.

Miftan posted:

Nah, you can sometimes find something well cooked and edible in a dumpster fire. :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I like KFC's attitude to social media, if not their chicken. Their response to this crisis was a bucket with the letters rearranged to "FCK" and their official twitter follows only the five Spice Girls and six guys named Herbert - 11 Herbs and Spices.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Pesmerga posted:

Sheffield, Keele and Leeds have apparently announced that any staff not rescheduling classes in the next five days are going to have 100% of pay withheld until they do. Kent have told striking sessional staff that they are having pay deducted at an hourly rate higher than their actual hourly rates for teaching missed so far. In essence meaning some people will be earning negative pay this month.

gently caress these cunts. gently caress these cunts who are destroying academia, and making it a vile, oppressive place to work. I think I’m going to start looking at what other professions I might have an aptitude for...

Edit: 2 is the number of fingers I’m giving any member of HR when I see them today. Think I’ll spend my seminars lecturing about strikes and civil disobedience...

one of my friends had his life destroyed by several paycuts and repeated backtracks on contractual promises about his PhD by kent, then everyone I know promptly hosed off to Germany when it became clear they have no wish to do other than bleed students and staff dry. Now he's couchsurfing and trying to find a job after things didnt work out in Birmingham

my point is, have you considered a career in Unabombing? Probably not a great time to start living in the woods, mind

Guavanaut posted:

In conclusion, the hardon that beetroot people have for national service and we-suffered-too-you-know hard brexit that they vaguely remember from when they were 7 might actually create some not-poo poo grandads in about 50 years time. Not especially convinced it's worth the wait.

everyone under 25 will blame jeremy corbyn for brexit for at least 50 years after Labour restore quality of life to work

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Cultural Marxist posted:

Then light the pits, heating the country for decades (cf: Centralia).
Imagine the stench though :gonk:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hey anyone want to see Farage get lynched by a blue Peter presenter ?

Question time this week.

Thumbs on Twitter can’t understand why he’s there.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Spangly A posted:

everyone under 25 will blame jeremy corbyn for brexit for at least 50 years after Labour restore quality of life to work

No they won’t, why would they? Everyone under 25 knows it’s The loving Tories in general’s fault, and May and Johnson’s in particular.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Jedit posted:

I like KFC's attitude to social media, if not their chicken. Their response to this crisis was a bucket with the letters rearranged to "FCK" and their official twitter follows only the five Spice Girls and six guys named Herbert - 11 Herbs and Spices.

Yeah this. People/company instructions for interns who treat twatter like some deadly serious medium where every post has to be 100% earnest and serious are annoying. Shitpost away and don’t pretend you’re doing anything but.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Matt Hancock has announced the government is formally dropping Leveson 2, stating its job has been done.

Shameless fucks.

Haven't bought or read a paper since Milly Dowler and the rest of the media isn't much better.

Can't vote Labour over here in DUP land but them getting Leveson 2 going again is about the last resort available.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

learnincurve posted:

No they won’t, why would they? Everyone under 25 knows it’s The loving Tories in general’s fault, and May and Johnson’s in particular.

It's a positive start but unless Leveson ritually disembowels certain elements of the press, the tories get several decades to blame Labour for loving up Brexit because gordon brown spent all the money and once there was a strike and the businesses all left in terror at worker power

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

It's Cameron's fault really.

...and the way things are looking, it could well be Labour that actually takes us out of the EU, and you know how the media's going to spin that for the next few decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Miftan posted:

Yes they did.

I also won a radio competition where the hosts brought me KFC to work on Wednesday. They found a place that still sold chicken and wanted to give someone a care package.

Of all the competitions to win, that's the one I get

• Locked thread