Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm up past 1 in the morning playing into the breach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

the highlight of my experience with fable was walking through town and randomly seeing that one dude was gay for my musclebound knight with hosed up proportions

i stopped playing the game when the main villain was introduced because i realized i really hated the combat

I wooed a npc but they were in a crowd of people who all fell in love with me and followed me everywhere all talking constantly at once like a shambling horror until i quit and reloaded

The combat is a bys mal

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does Peter Molyneux even make games anymore

an actual dog posted:

I'm up past 1 in the morning playing into the breach

lmao if your shattered sleep schedule doesn't keep you up past 5 every night like a real gamer

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I wish the elite beat agents were real. I could really use their help to get over my worries about being bad in R6 siege and ruining the match for my teammates.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Caidin posted:

Fable 2 was good because men and women turned into the exact same roid monster if you maxed out physique.

Fable 2 was ok but I liked Fable 1 a lot more. Disclaimer: I played Fable 1 like 6 months before I played Fable 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2fBulP3CEA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao if your shattered sleep schedule doesn't keep you up past 5 every night like a real gamer

I am pretty sure I contracted the flu once because I played XCOM2 until 4AM every day one weekend and completely trashed my immune system

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy March everybody!

I'm playing through Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Book 1 because I bought Book 4 during the lunar sale and I was waiting to get all 4 games before I went through them.

Any of you ever played Sorcery! at all? They're adaptations of some 80s Fighting Fantasy CYOA RPG books.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Does Peter Molyneux even make games anymore
yeah he made that questionable populous spiritual successor a couple years ago, and he's doing something else now idk. he makes phone games now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

Any of you ever played Sorcery! at all? They're adaptations of some 80s Fighting Fantasy CYOA RPG books.

I really liked 80 Days so I was thinking about checking those out...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Popular ANime Pop Team Epic did an Undertale reference (Also a pokemon + Legend of Mana)

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/964946726636412928

The ADTRW thread said that actually Undertale is really popular in Japan which is pretty cute

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I follow a dempa idol on twitch and she + all the japanese people in chat are way into undertale. maybe I fell into a weird stream niche though because she plays all the weird pc games that you wouldn't expect to be big in japan. pubg, papers please, she did a euro truck sim stream last week

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I assume Undertale gaining popularity in Japan is the only reason it was ported to the PS Vita of all systems.

I wonder if Toby Fox is even gonna bother making another game. It must suck as a creative to know that whatever you make is going to be held to impossible expectations that you can't fulfill.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The ADTRW thread said that actually Undertale is really popular in Japan which is pretty cute

the official translation for undertale prompted fan complaints about a change to how nabstablook's name is pronounced in kana from the fan translation because they changed it from ナプスタブルーク to ナープスタブルク. it owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I really liked 80 Days so I was thinking about checking those out...

It's a lot of fun! I really like just how much of the map I feel like I missed out on during my journey. It means that I'll be able to have a much different adventure later on. I just completed the first book and this is what my ending screen was like.

And there were enough events where I was left wondering what I could do to change things on later adventures through, where I could go to find new items, new people to interact with, old people to interact with in new ways, plenty of interesting stuff.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

yeah he made that questionable populous spiritual successor a couple years ago, and he's doing something else now idk. he makes phone games now

If that populous game was the Kickstarter one, it never actually came out and became one of those Kickstarter games that just stopped updating but never officially said "sorry, we hosed up and this is never coming out" and no one that backed it got pretty much anything because :lol: Kickstarter.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

If that populous game was the Kickstarter one, it never actually came out and became one of those Kickstarter games that just stopped updating but never officially said "sorry, we hosed up and this is never coming out" and no one that backed it got pretty much anything because :lol: Kickstarter.
I think they ended up putting all of their resources into the phone version which is now reasonably complete. except instead of being a new populous like the kickstarter suggested its just a clicker that's full of timers and microtransactions :whitewater:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hi March thread. Tonight I'm going to do it. Tonight I reach the final boss of Persona 5. 110 hours so far.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished matterfall and it wasn't that good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

im insane kirby man i love kirby help him he's shrinking

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

glam rock hamhock posted:

Sorry, i just meant super star

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

i finished matterfall and it wasn't that good

Same especially after nex machina blew me away

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Monthly reminder to take a fifteen minute break every hour of playtime

Safe gaming is good gaming

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UimIrTjuvfE

current mood

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Monthly reminder to take a fifteen minute break every hour of playtime

Safe gaming is good gaming

Does getting up to pee count

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Only if you’ve been draining enough Dew and Red Bull to make your pee sessions take the full 15 minutes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

drat, that's a lotta piss

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Does getting up to pee count
not unless you have one of those sega urinal games

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Tthis month I'm anticipating the big expansion for AC:Origins the most. It's set in the afterworld so they added giant monsters and it'll be even more like TW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGJ_x_4XVyA

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wow this is the best LP I've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLE26EXq7ck

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhR6n76dBc

I love it. Supposedly it'll play like X-COM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/760060/Mutant_Year_Zero_Road_to_Eden/

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

something something your posts

------

i've gotten into fortresscraft evolved again.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

im insane kirby man i love kirby help him he's shrinking

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey, hey, hey...

(Persona 5 late game spoiler)

suck a fat one Akechi, you stupid piece of poo poo. Nice work triggering my high counter with your charge attack and doing 400+ damage to yourself

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hooray! Kirby! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I was a video game character I would want to be like Kirby!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

well you certainly eat like him

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I know a few places where you can practice sucking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

I know a few places where you can practice sucking

These forums, for one! :holymoley:

Hey, hey, hey...

(Persona 5 late game spoiler)

suck a fat one Akechi, you stupid piece of poo poo. Nice work triggering my high counter with your charge attack and doing 400+ damage to yourself

Holy poo poo they killed themselves the second time around too! loving ooooooowned

• Locked thread