Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The scene at the movie theatre climaxing at the white dude just showing his gun rather than even talking to Ern was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
How much did Earn get and for what and why was he spending so recklessly?? He was living in a storage unit a couple episodes ago and lost all(?) of his puppy money.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think it was his cut of Paper Boi's single.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Borrowed Ladder posted:

How much did Earn get and for what and why was he spending so recklessly?? He was living in a storage unit a couple episodes ago and lost all(?) of his puppy money.

They didn't say how much he made and the reason he was spending so recklessly was because he wanted to stunt on people.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Inbetween episode 2 where they went to the radio show and this episode Paper Bois latest single went gold and they got some royalty money off it and decided to stunt on ppl

This might be the best show on tv???? I can't really describe how good it is because its in a very unique place in how its paced and the transition from serious to surreal.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I feel ya.

"I feel everything"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Darius is best character for sure

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I like how the two blatant scenes of racism set up the feeling of the later events of was that racist? Like with the 1s and the red hands.

Also he's Michael Vic lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a huge credit to the show that despite earn being a clearly bright guy his pride and trustworthiness makes him just dumb as gently caress sometimes.

Well yeah, look what happened when he got his dog money: gave all 4 grand to some random dude promising to double his money on loving mall gift cards.

Great new ep too.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Earn the fallible is pretty great. Menacing an engineer (lovely or not) is kinda like whattt.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Veskit posted:

I like how the two blatant scenes of racism set up the feeling of the later events of was that racist? Like with the 1s and the red hands.

Also he's Michael Vic lol

I thought the red handed thing was they got caught with blood on their hands

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought the red handed thing was they got caught with blood on their hands

Yeah, engine blood

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SaviourX posted:

Earn the fallible is pretty great. Menacing an engineer (lovely or not) is kinda like whattt.

Paper boi would at least beat the engineer himself smgdh

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I like that rapper guy saying he doesnt smoke or drink, but then when he was freestyling he immediately dropped a blunts + Hennessy reference

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerkface posted:

I like that rapper guy saying he doesnt smoke or drink, but then when he was freestyling he immediately dropped a blunts + Hennessy reference

That got another great reaction face from Paper Boi.

He really nails those reaction shots.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PaybackJack posted:

That got another great reaction face from Paper Boi.

He really nails those reaction shots.

He's probably the best actor on the show

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Donglover is easily the worst of the main characters but even he's alright

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Donglover is easily the worst of the main characters but even he's alright

Donglover is a treasure and I will cut you

(all of the side-actors are so fantastically awkward this season, even better than last)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He's cool and talented but there's no way he's as good as the other mains

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
"..."
"..."
"... It's Michael Vick."

drat that ending was good. Wasn't sure what to make of most of the first season, but this show is actually really funny.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The description on my cable box for this episode is "People act different outside the city."

The old women in the antique store peeking through the window at Earn and Van walking up the street like they're some sort of freaks.

This show, man.

Just as I say that, holy god, the pulling at the beard. :stare:

e- Ok, this is this season's Juneteenth. :killdozer:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 23, 2018

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
German Van is the best.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I feel like this episode was written specifically because Zazie Beetz was born in Germany

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like this episode was written specifically because Zazie Beetz was born in Germany

I love her as Van.

Earn is tanking this like a moron.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I was born in Germany. I guess I have to court Zazie Beetz now.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Watching that made me feel awkward. Like I was hanging with my friends that are a couple, but they are in the middle of some poo poo so it made everything weird.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

If Van and Earn had set out to choose the day trip most likely to derail their relationship, they couldn’t have done much better than Helen, a weird little tourist attraction about 90 miles north of Atlanta. Helen was once a bustling logging community, which borrowed its lilting name from the daughter of the railroad surveyor who paved the way for the settlers who eventually inhabited it. Once all the timber was cut, there was a mass exodus, and in 1968, a group of local business owners agreed on a plan to goose tourism by renovating the entire town in the Bavarian architecture style.

lol that it’s not even a town with real German heritage and some guys were like “let’s just turn it into a Bavarian village”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol that it’s not even a town with real German heritage and some guys were like “let’s just turn it into a Bavarian village”

It was a PR masterstroke bro.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean it's kitsch as loving hell but still kinda fun way to kill a normal non 3-day weekend and the surrounding area is stunning if you like nature stuff. When they said lodge I figured they meant the local state park but it's literally the first time I've ever seen places I've actually been to on TV

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just started binging this show and just finished "B.A.N."

goddamn I love this show

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Have they released full versions of Paperboy's tracks? I want to hear that one that the white mom is reading from at the beginning of the last episode.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I didn't realize they were just making things up until I paused during the ball game and looked up hootzkootz to see what they were doing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably the weakest episode of the season so far but that means nothing when the show is this loving good. The moment when the woman assumes Earn is in really good blackface was :stare:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
This is the best show on TV right now

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
The part at the beginning of the one episode where the mom is reading Paper Boi's lyrics is based on a real lady who does actually start to cry while reading some rap lyrics she heard on the radio. It's pretty hilarious.

https://youtu.be/Q939EfR1EDs

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

After binging season 1 and watched episode 1 of season 2, this is absolutely the best thing on FX.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Escobarbarian posted:

Probably the weakest episode of the season so far but that means nothing when the show is this loving good. The moment when the woman assumes Earn is in really good blackface was :stare:

While it was definitely my least favorite episode of the series, I wouldn't call it bad. Unlike most episodes where the absurd is undercut by a what is actually a sad or depressing social commentary; here the emotional weight of their relationship made it far more effective at making me feel that sadness than any other episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's a nice guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itE8Cd85-QM

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
An entire episode of Paperboi getting madder and madder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The soundtrack this episode was so good. I love some good jazz improv.

• Locked thread