Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Murai is a goddamn mastermind. I hope he branches into film soon. The last two episodes of Barry rival anything on Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Gaunab posted:

Did Clark throw his manager under the bus?

Yes he did.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Earn’s expression when he saw the gun was perfect

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Show did a very, very good job of making me forget about it. Actually had an audible oh no when I saw it. This was the finale right? God I hope they do at least an ep abroad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Show did a very, very good job of making me forget about it. Actually had an audible oh no when I saw it. This was the finale right? God I hope they do at least an ep abroad.

Yes, this was the season finale.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Milo and POTUS posted:

You mean you forgot it from the first episode? When it was introduced at the beginning of this one I spent the rest of the episode waiting for the shoe to drop. The backpack is on him in basically every scene

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

General Dog posted:

You mean you forgot it from the first episode? When it was introduced at the beginning of this one I spent the rest of the episode waiting for the shoe to drop. The backpack is on him in basically every scene

The whole episode was one ridiculous impediment after another and it did not stop until they got on the plane. Of course I forgot it. He was basically having an existential crisis throughout the show. Oddly enough I was thinking a week or two ago how we never actually saw a resolution with the gun.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

“Do you think there’s a black lawyer as good as your cousin?”

I love this show

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The whole episode was one ridiculous impediment after another and it did not stop until they got on the plane. Of course I forgot it. He was basically having an existential crisis throughout the show. Oddly enough I was thinking a week or two ago how we never actually saw a resolution with the gun.

Yeah I completely forgot about it too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C'mon guys, it's literally Chekov's gun

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

C'mon guys, it's literally Chekov's gun

Just because you notice it in the first act doesn’t mean you’ll remember it. The show did an effective job of making the audience feel as distracted by everything else as Earn did.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don't even bother watching the show if you don't take notes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What was up with Tracy at the end?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No one told him they were leaving.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

I had the opposite problem, couldn't forget about the gun and spent the whole episode with a sense of immense dread. First half I was worried Ladee was going to fish it out of Earn's backpack and something tragic would happen. Then it was just waiting for the airport and Earn getting hosed harder by season 2. Glad something worked out for him a little bit.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

General Dog posted:

Same here, was stressing me out.

e: I assumed he was going to forget about it and find out at the airport, though I thought he'd get busted with it so at least that didn't happen. Ern's been hosed enough this season.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 11, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

I had the opposite problem, couldn't forget about the gun and spent the whole episode with a sense of immense dread. First half I was worried Ladee was going to fish it out of Earn's backpack and something tragic would happen. Then it was just waiting for the airport and Earn getting hosed harder by season 2. Glad something worked out for him a little bit.

The show has also made a big point on Earn and Al both being in probation, which makes them double hosed if they get caught with the gun

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
So did Earn just plant the gun on the other guy in the TSA line?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

eclectic taste posted:

So did Earn just plant the gun on the other guy in the TSA line?

Yeah he planted it on Clark County, and Clark County avoided trouble by throwing his manager under the bus

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Clark County is a piece of poo poo, but let's reflect on his greatness one more time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3XBEJ4A1Mc

I flex on the bitch like (Yoohoo)
I just got a check like (Yoohoo)
Haters gonna hate like uh 'til they see me in their face and they all like (Yoohoo)
Saw your baby mama like (Yoohoo)
And then I sent her home with a good night
Bars and the xans like "good night"
And we drinking Yoohoo like it's dirty Sprite

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

General Dog posted:

Yeah he planted it on Clark County, and Clark County avoided trouble by throwing his manager under the bus

Just guessing but the manager probably jumped on the grenade. It protects his client and he's white so he probably get off with a slap on the wrist.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That was a rad speech by Alfred on the plane too.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

PaybackJack posted:

That was a rad speech by Alfred on the plane too.

That guy is a master of facial expressions.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
This show is so loving GOOD! I had no idea that was gonna be the finale but was pretty sure of it by the last scene. Goddamn.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Al tore through like tension like a knife. What a breath of relief for the season to end on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't know if I've ever seen a character like Al on tv

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I loved that shot of him coolin' on the couch in that empty lot while blowing smoke clouds.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

MokBa posted:

Al tore through like tension like a knife. What a breath of relief for the season to end on.

Yeah I couldn't take him firing Ern so it's a real release to tell him why he keeps him around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LongDarkNight posted:

First half I was worried Ladee was going to fish it out of Earn's backpack and something tragic would happen.

The show's a bummer but it's not that dark lol. Except when it is, I guess

General Dog posted:

The show has also made a big point on Earn and Al both being in probation, which makes them double hosed if they get caught with the gun

This was honestly something I was gonna mention a couple weeks back when well known good decision maker Tracy pinched the pistol from the gunroom at the frathouse. Hell, he'd have screwed himself with that maneuver.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How has Van been doing anything since she got fired. Did it ever say she got another job.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is this season streaming anywhere?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

General Dog posted:

I didn't know until people in here pointed it out that it was actually Clark's bag the gun was switched into, not the manager's. Jesus that's some great writing. And it foreshadows Earn not getting also thrown under the bus so he can grow.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

No one told him they were leaving.

After all that Earn went through, plus the TSA setup, the show needed a good laugh. And I was dying when Tracy showed up at the end.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I didn't know until people in here pointed it out that it was actually Clark's bag the gun was switched into, not the manager's. Jesus that's some great writing. And it foreshadows Earn not getting also thrown under the bus so he can grow.

Well it's not really clear whose bag it went to until Earn tells Alfread after they've already talked to Clark

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m not sure what to make of the gun being in Clark’s bag. It seemed to undermine Al’s statement that nobody but Earn will look out for him because they’re family, if Luke willingly took the fall for Clark.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mons Hubris posted:

I’m not sure what to make of the gun being in Clark’s bag. It seemed to undermine Al’s statement that nobody but Earn will look out for him because they’re family, if Luke willingly took the fall for Clark.

Looking out for your family isn't just about taking the fall for some poo poo and the show wasn't clear if it was entirely willing on Luke's part. However, he knows he'll probably just get a slap on the wrist and Clark is his gravy train so he probably would in that case. If Clark got busted and they couldn't make the tour it probably would've cost him a shitload of money.

Born_to_Lose
Oct 26, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

I don't think that his manager just stepped up to take the charge, I'm assuming it was just an understood thing that in any situation where Clarke may face potential criminal charges, there's a designated fall guy. In this particular instance there was no one else to blame but his manager, so he's the one that gets screwed. I don't think it's so much that he "wanted" to take the blame as he knows that if he doesn't, Clarke's criminal associates are going to come after him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Born_to_Lose posted:

I don't think that his manager just stepped up to take the charge, I'm assuming it was just an understood thing that in any situation where Clarke may face potential criminal charges, there's a designated fall guy. In this particular instance there was no one else to blame but his manager, so he's the one that gets screwed. I don't think it's so much that he "wanted" to take the blame as he knows that if he doesn't, Clarke's criminal associates are going to come after him.

Yeah, after Clark County's entourage threatened that poor engineer in the studio (and very likely beat him up after the scene ended), I figured Luke would make the best business decision, which would also be the best decision for his health.

But as a white guy, whatever punishment he gets would be far less than whatever Clark would have gotten. Clark didn't seem terribly distraught over it, though.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Seems like it would be extremely difficult to switch that huge gun to another bag (possibly two??). Also shouldn't you get more than a slap for an unregistered gun??

Not important to the story, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Clark didn't seem terribly distraught over it, though.

Clark seems kinda like an rear end in a top hat.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Seems like it would be extremely difficult to switch that huge gun to another bag (possibly two??). Also shouldn't you get more than a slap for an unregistered gun??

Not important to the story, of course.

Yeah, I don't think even a white guy would get a slap on the wrist for bringing a gun through a TSA checkpoint

• Locked thread