Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Also shouldn't you get more than a slap for an unregistered gun??

Most states, including Georgia, don't have firearm registration.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, I don't think even a white guy would get a slap on the wrist for bringing a gun through a TSA checkpoint

Up to 1 year in jail, $100k fine. That's the maximum penalty though.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/guns-found-tsa-checkpoints-could-mean-fine-jail-time-for-travelers/UadDVLXW1ef12hFwosaSZM/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

White guy with no record that forgot he'd had that gun in his backpack after taking it to his friend's house to show off the cool gold plating is likely going to get the minimum since it wasn't found in the commission of a crime.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

As long as the gun can't be linked to a crime the manager can just claim that it's his gun and he forgot that he had it in his bag and probably get away with just a fine.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

WrightOfWay posted:

As long as the gun can't be linked to a crime the manager can just claim that it's his gun and he forgot that he had it in his bag and probably get away with just a fine.

White privilege pro buddies. :smith::hf::smith:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

White privilege pro buddies. :smith::hf::smith:

This is America

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
So did Al think Ern was trying to get rid of Clark County so that Al could headline the European tour?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seems that way

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

i flunked out posted:

So did Al think Ern was trying to get rid of Clark County so that Al could headline the European tour?

I mean that's basically what he did in the heat of the moment.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

According to this news story about a lady caught with a loaded pistol in her carry-on "A typical first offense for carrying a handgun into a checkpoint is $3,900. The complete list of penalties is posted online here: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/civil-enforcement."

White dude is going to be fine, assuming he had no other criminal convictions. poo poo, he'll probably get the gold plated gun back and depending on the pistol's value, might be able to swing a net profit.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
You gotta suspend your imagination for that scene anyway because it’s not like TSA checkpoints don’t have a million cameras where they could’ve spotted Earn putting the gun in Clark County’s bag, or where they could’ve looked through footage to see that it’s definitely his bag and not his manager’s. I also wonder what Clark County thinks about a random gold plated gun showing up in his bag and whether or not he’s going to piece together that Earn did it.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

i am the bird posted:

You gotta suspend your imagination for that scene anyway because it’s not like TSA checkpoints don’t have a million cameras where they could’ve spotted Earn putting the gun in Clark County’s bag, or where they could’ve looked through footage to see that it’s definitely his bag and not his manager’s. I also wonder what Clark County thinks about a random gold plated gun showing up in his bag and whether or not he’s going to piece together that Earn did it.

Yeah he must have figured out it was Earn. I wonder if it'll come up in the next season.

Speaking of which, it'd be cool if season 3 is Atlanta: Eurotour or something like that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I mean, everyone in the history of getting caught with a gun in their bag has probably said “That’s not mine! Someone must have put it in there!” I think it would be more likely they’d just arrest the dude, rather than start investigating camera tape.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RCarr posted:

I mean, everyone in the history of getting caught with a gun in their bag has probably said “That’s not mine! Someone must have put it in there!” I think it would be more likely they’d just arrest the dude, rather than start investigating camera tape.

On the one hand he's white, on the other he's the manager for a rapper and as soon as that's known they're not going to believe anything he says.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

El Jeffe posted:

Yeah he must have figured out it was Earn. I wonder if it'll come up in the next season.

Speaking of which, it'd be cool if season 3 is Atlanta: Eurotour or something like that.

I don't think they're ever going to take Atlanta very far from Atlanta.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I hope Ern gave that Uber driver one star

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm glad you guys mentioned Hiro Murai directing Barry in this thread, started watching it and it's great.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Unmature posted:

I hope Ern gave that Uber driver one star

It was a Lyft.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The kid is Lottie, btw, traditionally short for Charlotte.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

prom candy posted:

I'm glad you guys mentioned Hiro Murai directing Barry in this thread, started watching it and it's great.

Just wait my dude....

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

earn forgetting about the burner had me stressed.

this show is great.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Just wait my dude....

Oh yeah by started I mean marathoned the whole thing so far. What a grower.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Barry definitely gets better. First episode is not very good imo and a pretty bland hook. Binged 4-6 though because it does take off. Not as good as Atlanta but a very good modern dark comedy, and I'm finally starting to see what others see in Bill Hader.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

i flunked out posted:

Earn putting it in Clarke's bag is important for a couple reasons.

1. It's the moment where he learns the "lesson" of the season. It's eat or get eaten. By choosing Clarke's bag, he's specifically targeting another black man who would face serious repercussions. All of the poo poo that Earn went through all season was because of his refusal to commit one way or the other.

2. Also, by targeting Clarke, he's trying to get him out of the picture so Paper Boi can headline (obviously this goes hand-in-hand with the previous statement). Alfred gets this, so he knows that Earn has his back. Just like how Al had Earn's in the flashback episode. Earn's got his own way of doing things, but it really works for Alfred. We've finally learned that Earn didn't just choose to piggyback off of Alfred due to his career, but that the two cousins have a pretty deep history together and are more like brothers than cousins when it comes down to it.

I really loved how the last two episodes went together. A lot of the impact of the finale would be lost without the previous episode.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

PaybackJack posted:

Barry definitely gets better. First episode is not very good imo and a pretty bland hook. Binged 4-6 though because it does take off. Not as good as Atlanta but a very good modern dark comedy, and I'm finally starting to see what others see in Bill Hader.

Episode 1 is one of the worst pilots I've ever seen, episode 2 is better but after 4 it just gets amazing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man, that was an excellent finale. I forgot about the gun after the first scene but as soon as Earn opened the bag and the sound cut out I realised exactly what had happened. Those final scenes were incredibly strong. Loved Earn’s conversation with Darius too, and him asking the Jewish guy about lawyers. This season was incredible, even better than the first.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
"for... systemic reasons"

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Nothing as funny as those fake commercials though

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.

MokBa posted:

2. Also, by targeting Clarke, he's trying to get him out of the picture so Paper Boi can headline (obviously this goes hand-in-hand with the previous statement). Alfred gets this, so he knows that Earn has his back. Just like how Al had Earn's in the flashback episode. Earn's got his own way of doing things, but it really works for Alfred. We've finally learned that Earn didn't just choose to piggyback off of Alfred due to his career, but that the two cousins have a pretty deep history together and are more like brothers than cousins when it comes down to it.

I like that take, I didnt put two and two together in regard to how Al dealt with the bullies at school and how Earn dealt with the gun. Clarke's tour and maybe career could have been ruined right there, just like the kid committing suicide that's some repercussions, but they're willing to go that far for each other.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Is season 3 happening for sure?
I love this show.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pussy Quipped posted:

Is season 3 happening for sure?
I love this show.

It’s one of FX’s biggest shows I’m pretty sure. Really just a matter of Glover’s time commitments.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It'll be like it was with Louie before we found out Louie was a documentary

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
There's that little line from Clark County's manager where he asks if Paperboi checked out that entertainment lawyer he recommended. He's doing that to try to stitch up Earn.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

i am the bird posted:

The suspension of disbelief is that the TSA would actually find the gun. In tests, they fail to find more than half of them. These are people for whom the standards for hiring had to be lowered not a team of TV CSI types.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Acinonyx posted:

The suspension of disbelief is that the TSA would actually find the gun. In tests, they fail to find more than half of them. These are people for whom the standards for hiring had to be lowered not a team of TV CSI types.

Went through security at Boston's airport and TSA there was... a TSA employee was stalking this lady and yelling at her to make sure she gave back his pen multiple times when filling out some form to mail her plane destroying hand lotion or whatever back to herself.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Man this show is so loving good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s one of FX’s biggest shows I’m pretty sure. Really just a matter of Glover’s time commitments.

I just hope it's not a year and a half to the next season because he finds something else to do in between, because this show has been fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The conversation about peeing over the boxers vs through the hole is probably the realest thing ever on TV

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Acinonyx posted:

Juelz Santana just got busted accidentally bringing a gun to the airport.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Renewed for season 3, which surprised me, not because I expected them to cancel it but because I thought it had been renewed weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Nice

• Locked thread