Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I think Lotor will betray them all. But Allura might still side with him afterwards.

The interesting thing they've shown is that Allura is not all smiles and sunshine and has the potential to be as oppressive as the galra, as seen in the alternate universe. She and Lotor aren't as dissimilar as they'd like, and if Lotor has anything that could help resuscitate the Alteans somehow using Quintessence Magic, it would be very hard for her to turn him down even if she ends up seeing his true colors.

I guess last season I was disappointed at how fast Lotor fell from grace after being built up as a threat. But Lotor's emotional manipulation does not work as well in galra might-makes-right culture, and needed to be in a place where he could manipulate the team. He now has the potential to make the team itself undo everything the team has worked towards.

I'm not sure where they're going to go with the alchemy business. It's really not nearly the explosive finale last season was. More like an omen, but not really foretelling anything directly, just that Lotor is still Lotor, and that Haggar is going to be a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
He doesn't really have all the cards in his hand. Once he's able to overpower everyone on his own he won't have to keep the charade up, and step one will be the quintessence operation.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I just watched this season. Had been spoiled a little but the actual show did far more justice to the concepts than I imagined. I was surprised at how DARK this season was.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
can't believe that at this point this series doesn't get recommended a whole lot more than it does. That was a very intense season, now that I've gotten a chance to watch it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

SardonicTyrant posted:

Working through season 5 now. How high do you have to be to forget that you're not only married, but gave birth to a son?

quintessence: not even once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
This video might take me some time to watch. Don't like this guys style.

Seven minutes in. I can identify some of the problems he's bringing up but they aren't the huge series-ruining things he says they are while completely ignoring things I liked.

Bringing up the arc where they go back to Earth as boring is just... no. That was the highlight of the series for me.