Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Part of me also hopes that Lotor knows Kuron Shiro is a thing and that the parameters are for him to subconsciously side with any Galra nearby. Like, Lotor just knows Shiro is on his side and that's how he knew his fight with dad and taking the Black Lion to the purple fire festival were gonna work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't trust him, but he is also the lesser evil.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope Kuron Shiro and Regular Shiro come face to face and just hug it out. Everyone on Team Voltron cheers that there's TWO Space Daddies to take care of them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

And out there across the internet, a whole horde of Galra!Keith fangirls fume in frustration that it’s Lance who ends up sporting a pair of cat ears first...

I 'unno, Cat Ear!LanceXGalra!Keith fanart will probably be worth it for them

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Very strong 'season', those last four eps were an amazing stretch that paid off a ton of stuff I was waiting on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TheHan posted:

At first I was frustrated that with only 7 episodes one was being used to just mess around in Space D&D, but everything after was so packed with content that having a one-off jokey episode actually felt sorta necessary. I can't decide if Shiro being uncreative, or his clone being programmed to only be Shiro the Black Paladin is a more fun interpretation.

my headcanon is both. If the real shiro had been there, he wouledve played mostly the same. But CloneShiro did it to rp as Shiro

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Back to 13 episode seasons ghis season, but also!
https://twitter.com/Voltron/status/1020367392038244352?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Hey, Adam, I know you were upset of me picking space over you. Well, turns out I died three or four times, adopted four kids, entered the Astral Plane, became the biggest Toku star in the universe and have the biggest black cat ever. Sooooooooo? Take me back?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, this season went loving hard.

But first, hot takes on the LGBT aspect: It was neat to make Shiro gay, but boy can you feel it was a tooth and nail fight to include. If you hadn't read up anything about this year's comic con or the lead up to the release of the season, and you were just a tad dense, you could easily believe Adam's just Shiro's super straight best hetero bro. He only gets that one scene and then two shots of Shiro mourning him. And then there's the two Galras from Lotor's entourage who became space queens.

It's honestly pretty interesting how both romances were so deeply involved with death and a partner pushing life to its limits. Shiro and the buff one dying over their ambitions, but (god i wish i remembered the girls' names) the Ty Lee one still following her to their bitter end is cool, and how much they achieved, things that were truly larger than life, was interesting to see on screen. Shiro, on the other hand, just kinda left Adam behind. He never brought him up to team Voltron, and even the flashback that introduces Adam had him be a bit player to Best Son Keith. It really feels like Shiro knew he would never be able to patch things up with Adam, which is a sad way of making sense of how we find out Shiro had a boyfriend seven seasons in.

Of course. That also means the mega uncomfortable point that the two LGBT relationships in the show end up with the characters super dead. And then the season ends with Hunk introducing his space rock girlfriend to his parents, Allura and Lance being strongly implied with his sister shipping them and cool edgy space girl looks at cool edgy half-space boy in the distance with a knowing smile.

I'm not gonna say it's intentional, that they should've not done anything if it was gonna end up like that or that the crew deserves hate on this. But, well, not the best look. Specially not when they were pushing Adam fairly hard in the lead-up to the show. In the current climate of things, and with two dead gay relationships, this show kinda needs to push a happy gay ending somewhere to not feel... plain mean towards same sex relationships.

But with that out of the way, gently caress, it's so cool how the loving Atlas became the Giantest Mech! The backhalf was tense as hell all the way through. Hell, the whole season was such a struggle from the whole cast and seeing them finally pull through with a win was incredibly satisfying. I really loved this season going back to 13 episodes because it felt like we had enough time to breathe, that gameshow episode was incredibly important, and the team stranded in space, or the two parter about what exactly earth was doing the whole time were great. And space Seinfeld.

Hunk was an absolute unit all season. Allura kinda didn't get much to do at all, tho, but hey, final season has the Alteans with hyper powerful scythe-wielding-quintessence-sucking mechas, so I'm sure that'll be a thing.

This team configuration we were promised since S3 finally really came together, and boy is it good. It really pays off to get Shiro out of the main roster and into a command center because, yeah, Keith is the leader, but they all see each other as equals, admire each other differently. If it had been S1 Voltron in the gameshow, they all would've voted for Shiro in final jeopardy, while he votes for his son.

The new kids are also pretty cool! Quirky but nice

Great season, I'm ready for the final season, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally finished the show. Man, that was a rough final season. Should've been eight episodes, ironically enough.

Could've done without the Clear Day thing. And on the broadest strokes: the huge scales should've been toned way the gently caress down, and the smaller scales should've gotten more time in that final battle. Cut Minerva going

and instead have her rampage on that Altea while windows to the multiverse show poo poo being torn.

Allura and Lance went way too fast, they should've kept them as starting the relationship.

There's a lot of little things that piled up, but there were great moments and concepts, too. Like a 6.5 or 7 for this final season.

Man, this show loves its original mechas. Zarkon's looked sick AF, Lotor's was also really cool and had a ton of build up, the Alteans' were sick vampires and Honerva gets a susanno'o wheel, that is made of blades and pierces reality, and also they can combine with the mech's tail to make a big loving drill.
Super Voltron has a sword. Lasers come out of its eyes and chest eyes.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 30, 2018