Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

I might read the agreement in detail this morning and didn't see totals for leave but you can't take more than 5 days without a certificate so there's that for starters.

Holy gently caress, I can take one :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

If you have a link to the agreement that would be an interesting read

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

No one sees the irony of a company going on strike against its workers and being backed by the government? Hmm.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/ae893080.pdf

Presumably this is the correct one. I can't see anything negotiated after this agreement and assume they've been in dispute for this entire time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A group of 20 Coalition backbench MPs have put their name to a manifesto warning against the “demonisation” of coal, the Liberal MP Craig Kelly has revealed.

Kelly – the chairman of the government’s backbench committee on the environment and energy – confirmed the existence of the Monash Forum, which supports the use of coal-fired power.

Kelly told Guardian Australia the group’s manifesto was not inconsistent with the Turnbull government’s National Energy Guarantee, which he said was a “good policy”. But the group’s position will add to pressure for government support for a new coal-fired power station.

He confirmed a list of the group’s members published in the Australian that includes Tony Abbott, Eric Abetz and Kevin ­Andrews. The former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce was reportedly “linked to” the group

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

JBP posted:

That "average wage" is the highest grading on the EBA.

For year 1 of the agreement yes, by 2014 shift workers of normal grade 6 or above were making more than that. Electrician shift workers (grade 6L) making in excess of $150,000. The day rate workers were obviously below the average.

Is it just me that sees the wages being paid as being incredibly above market rates? Particularly considering it’s a decent way from Sydney. If 20% got knocked off the top end money, They’d still be well paid workers.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Should wages be calculated based off what other companies pay their workers or how much other people in their company earn? The electricians might get paid more than those in other companies, but if their bosses get paid more, surely they should as well?

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
No you see they are doing better than most off their labour, this makes them greedy scum. Please ignore the 1% making more than the rest of us as they aren't doing it by actually working.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Pinball Jizzard posted:

For year 1 of the agreement yes, by 2014 shift workers of normal grade 6 or above were making more than that. Electrician shift workers (grade 6L) making in excess of $150,000. The day rate workers were obviously below the average.

Is it just me that sees the wages being paid as being incredibly above market rates? Particularly considering it’s a decent way from Sydney. If 20% got knocked off the top end money, They’d still be well paid workers.

gently caress you

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

If the group you work for makes a profit, workers can't be overpaid hth.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 3, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
J I Z Z A R D M A S T E R
I
Z
Z
A
R
D

M
A
S
T
E
R E T S A M D R A Z Z I J

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Zenithe posted:

But The Market

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

This is the logic for 7 digit CEO salaries.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

hooman posted:

CEOs are usually an unjustified hierarchy and therefore should not exist.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

hooman posted:

he said workers, not leeches

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/980963000008888321

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I hate that this guy got poo poo on so badly because he's not loving wrong. If everyone understood this poo poo we'd have a lot less issues with actual nazis right now.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I can't edit so I'm going to doublepost.

I should clarify that I hate that he got poo poo on for this statement. He's also a racist piece of poo poo, and should be poo poo on for that, but on this specific account he's exactly right and instead of taking a deep look at our broken culture instead just call him a nazi and force him to retract.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Turt Kucker

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice to see vicpol are still one of the world's foremost conglomerations of massive loving cunts.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

Nice to see vicpol are still one of the world's foremost conglomerations of massive loving cunts.

What have they done now?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian Au posted:

South Africa’s foreign minister, Lindiwe Sisulu, said the Australian prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, and foreign minister, Julie Bishop, had made a “retraction” of Dutton’s comments, and she welcomed it.

“We must emphasise, as we have stated before, that no one is being persecuted in South Africa, including white farmers,” she said. “We call upon all non-governmental organisations to desist from spreading untruths and misleading information.

:lol::lol::lol:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Dude McAwesome posted:

What have they done now?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/beaten-abused-humiliated-and-filmed-by-victoria-police-20180321-p4z5f2.html

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Dude McAwesome posted:

What have they done now?

6 officers beat up, held down, abused and filmed a dude on DSP whose psych had called out of concern for his mental wellbeing :allears:

Have to say though this part of the age article:

quote:

John’s fleshy torso tumbles earthwards as police swarm around him.

is a bit of a weird opener

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 3, 2018

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I've had very few bad experiences with VicPol personally but that video is just lol

I don't know what was worse the dude beating his legs with the nightstick or the guy filming it with a poo poo eating grin on his face

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Before Times posted:

Yeah, I think they were maybe going for vulnerability (e.g. he was "fleshy" rather than muscular) but it just reads as "lol fat guy"

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yeah, I think they were maybe going for vulnerability (e.g. he was "fleshy" rather than muscular) but it just reads as "lol fat guy"

yeah it reads really weirdly, like all this stuff happened to John's fleshy torso instead of, you know, John the person

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The only way to decide who becomes next PM should be Bishop and Dutton handcuffed together at the wrist using a pair with an extra long chain. Both are given a knife and told two people enter, one person leaves.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

The only way to decide who becomes next PM should be Bishop and Dutton handcuffed together at the wrist using a pair with an extra long chain. Both are given a knife and told two people enter, one person leaves.

Bishop doesn't need any more chips on her shoulders.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

DancingShade posted:

Nah just have an old fashioned shovelling competition:

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

The Before Times posted:

6 officers beat up, held down, abused and filmed a dude on DSP whose psych had called out of concern for his mental wellbeing :allears:

Have to say though this part of the age article:

And now the guy with mental health issues can add PTSD to his list of issues. Yaaay.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

hooman posted:

Bishop doesn't need any more chips on her shoulders.

:drat:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/MarkMcGowanMP/status/981037408572530688

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Kill all vicpol

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

kim getting suited at the same place as donny I see

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Dutton has denied the retraction of SA farmers issue and I bet Turnbull is regretting the superministry now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

absolute unit

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

For a fun (terrifying) couple of minutes, look up "white south african farmers" on youtube and see what comes up by the way.

And then remember that Dutton shares the views of these people.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

G-Spot Run posted:

Dutton has denied the retraction of SA farmers issue and I bet Turnbull is regretting the superministry now.

Did Turnbull say it wasn't a thing? I gave up on following that stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It reads as an Avshalom post.

• Locked thread