Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Think they’ll go through with the gun laws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is Barnaby's endgame to die alone?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP bonerby

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poster/post combo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving NBN

god drat loving nbn

they've disconnected my service by mistake.

my provider iinet has no idea what's going on, so I'm on hold to iinet support which is on hold to nbn support.

This has been going on daily since WEDNESDAY

loving nbn

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zenithe posted:

That happened when I swapped providers.

"hey we've connected your service, you can disconnect from the other guys"
*cancel old provider*
*internet dies*
"who told you to disconnect it, we need to do it from scratch now!?

Mine's been hooked up since September til they disconnected it for no raisin!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

goddammit, I dont wanna go to loving telstra they're the worst. :( or at least whenever I had to get any lines hooked up.

even if I do switch that still leaves me with no internet til I'm hooked up because you cant just call in anymore as a backup.

gently caress the nbn

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 6, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been with them for 15 years and its just sad how they've fallen over. :(

can I even transfer my provider if they've hosed up the line right now wha tht ehell

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

also if you're not watching us politics right now one of trumps ex advisors is melting down publically on tv

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hiddenmovement posted:

I have no idea why you guys don't just call the Ombudsman over this horseshit. The internet just dropping the gently caress out for days at a time is not acceptable in this day and age.

SNITCHES GET STITCHES, but really I'm just harassing them all day on the phone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

considering dropping nbn if they cant resolve it and just getting a 4g modem I can pair with my phone account

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah.

all my email goes through iinet though that's going to be a loving pain. :| Oh well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah but

4g: I'm using it right now on my phone.

nbn: hi we're calling our provider please hold *holds for 1 hour* hi our providers are closed for the night please call back tomorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Victoria has introduced a bill that would make it the first jurisdiction in Australia to abolish a legal defence used by churches to prevent child sexual abuse victims from targeting their assets in compensation claims.

Known as “the Ellis defence”, it is based on a 2007 court case brought by abuse survivor John Ellis against the Catholic church. The New South Wales court of appeal found church assets could not be targeted by Ellis in pursuing compensation for the crimes he endured within the church, because church trustees could not be held to account for the crimes of individuals.

:allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finally my internet is fixed after 6 days of this nonsense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Shorten a 'craven populist' for pushing minimum wage rise, Turnbull says

lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Two Bureau of Meteorology employees are reportedly being investigated by police for mining cryptocurrency on their work computers.

The Australian federal police questioned the IT workers at the bureau’s Docklands headquarters in Melbourne on 28 February, the ABC has reported.

An AFP spokesman confirmed a search warrant was executed at a business premises in Docklands on 28 February, but was unable to make further comment, as “the investigation is ongoing”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/08/bureau-of-meteorology-employees-investigated-for-mining-cryptocurrency-at-work

laffo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Russian security officers have arrested several scientists working at a top-secret Russian nuclear warhead facility for allegedly mining crypto-currencies.

The suspects had tried to use one of Russia's most powerful supercomputers to mine Bitcoins, media reports say.

The Federal Nuclear Centre in Sarov, western Russia, is a restricted area.

The centre's press service said: "There has been an unsanctioned attempt to use computer facilities for private purposes including so-called mining."

JBP posted:

Why is this illegal?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeaExLena/status/973001995622608898

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/KHandozo/status/972207750284394496

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whitlam posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrendanDonohoe7/status/973428498550333440?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"Melb City Council investigation: Four adverse findings against Robert Doyle. Three of sexually inappropriate behaviour and one of consuming red wine before they occurred."

idiot. it's white wine with sexual assault.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no Doughtnut Time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Home Affairs minister, Peter Dutton, is considering establishing a committee to allow gun importers to review proposed changes to firearm regulations for “appropriateness and intent”.

Following a meeting with a pro-gun lobbyist in February, Dutton is weighing up whether to establish a so-called “firearms advisory council”, which the gun lobby says would give it “a seat at the table” to advise the government on firearms policy.

Last month Dutton met with Robert Nioa, one of Australia’s largest gun dealers, to discuss the council.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/15/peter-dutton-considering-request-for-gun-importers-to-review-rule-changes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Derryn Hinch says he is fine despite 'slight brain trauma'

oh fuuuu

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Australian Border Force Commissioner Roman Quaedvlieg has been sacked after a lengthy review found his conduct with a younger female staffer was inappropriate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

6 months I think?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

On the other hand I dont know what I'd do with myself if australia werent terrible

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Richard Di Natale calls for purge after Greens defeat in Batman byelection

ruh roh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/ohnorosco/status/975957415492497408

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress if vic gets a lib state gov next term fuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

absolute unit

• Locked thread