Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Yes Abbott and Joyce are going to start firing broadsides at 30 newspolls. I wonder if Joyce would hire me since I assume he has no staff. I'd just like to write him one speech where his parting statement is "what's more embarrassing, having a baby with a staff member, destroying your marriage and alienating you children then claiming it isn't yours weeks after announcing that you love and adore this staffer, or losing 30 newspolls in a row? I think we all know."

Hows changing the ALP from within going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Barnaby’s interview process consists of a single question: it it mine?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

If you do any online gaming or downloading, you're hosed. ewe2 lived on a 4g modem for years and it's basically the best way to kill what you do online.

I'd suggest dropping iiNet and going for Aussie Broadband or MyRepublic (who I'm with). Aside from a mixup during the relocation of our service when we moved last year, it's been pretty solid (apart from their routing tables getting hosed for 20 minutes the other day).

I have Vividwireless for secret reasons, and I can't play GTA V online (I can play Monster Hunter World tho, weird?) with it. Otherwise its exactly the same as ADSL2+ which is as good as I can get here

e: also i live metro melbourne not bum gently caress nowhere like ewe2 so ymmv

bell jar fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 6, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Mandates aren't a thing in Australia, at least in any real capacity

Didnt we have a plebiscite on this recently

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

This has been a goal of smart people for ages, but fiefdoms exist and often make it more or less impossible to unite a single union's state branches.

How's changing the ALP from within going

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I just assumed they'd take it to landfill

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

JBP isn't an ALP member afaik.

is jbp not jbp

if not, my bad

if so, how's changing the alp from within going

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I like st kilda because thats where I buy my drugs

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bandaid.friend posted:

What are the ages of legality. Has someone legislated an upper limit on doing it.

He was sayin "between the ages of legality and experience", ie a range of ages. I think the question here is, what the gently caress is the age of experience

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar posted:

He was sayin "between the ages of legality and experience", ie a range of ages. I think the question here is, what the gently caress is the age of experience

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

gynecological secretions tax

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Neg Grorman

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Guess they won't be buying electric

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

how are queenslanders gonna build a tank when they cant even build a flood wall lol

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Is Aliex Butthal a australian citizen

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:qq: retiree earns double average wage, would lose less than 10% of free money :qq:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

There’s literally nothing well rounded or inclusive about a traditional old boys private school education

except for a traditional old boys privates

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

I was going to go to this to do a trip report for everyone, but things haven't worked out, sorry

Self care is a good thing, don't apologise

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Cleretic posted:

You know what's happening tomorrow, right?

Labor will retain Batman?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Come on, man, all four people that care about the South Australian state election are really sad about you forgetting that.

I didn't know that was this weekend lmao

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

[batman voice] you either die a labor voter, or live long enough to see yourself vote greens

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Congrats to the Batman Greens who somehow managed to outleak the ALP and lose their easiest election ever

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Post-game Auspol thread is twisted in mind and heart and purpose and function and apologism in ways previously only thought of in a hypothetical kind of worthless bastard

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

The greens response to Batman is mind blowing. Identifying (wrongly in my mind) that leaks about bullying caused the loss and then swearing to find and destroy the leakers... Doesn't sit well.

Should the party just be like oh yeah it was cool those guys leaked, lets promote them, or what?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

They should get rid of them but it is poo poo optics when the leaks were around bullying. I don't even think that's what lost them the election anyway. They faced an extremely good candidate in an ALP heartland seat that was only going downhill as quickly as it was because Feeney is a terrible fuckhead. I'm glad the greens lost only because stupid Shorten announced that tax policy right beforehand and I don't want to see it shitcanned by all and sundry for allegedly losing a by election.

For me, personally, (I don't live in Batman, I'm in Goldstein), I had to sit down and ask myself whether I would still have voted for Bhathal despite the constant media regarding her allegedly toxic personality. It took me some time to decide that I would have still voted Greens -> Labor depsite the possibility of Bhathal being a lovely person, and I'm a rusted on Greens voter. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that some amount of potential Greens votes were lost due to the toxic atmosphere around the personality of Bhathal.

It was always going to be a close result and down to the wire, and I'm certain that every thing counted there. Shorten and Labor did a really good job of pulling out a star candidate, but he also shot himself in the foot with his shifting Adani stance.

If the election was run without the Greens leaking, I know I personally would have had a much more positive association with Bhathal. The people leaking poo poo to the media saying things like "I'd rather that we lose the election than have this person represent us" absolutely need to be purged from the party because holy poo poo learn some fuckin solidarity. It was petty, badly timed, and incredibly damaging

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

quote:

The Machiavellian power play behind the scenes of the Greens’ campaign for Batman was aptly compared to TV political drama House of Cards in The Age last week.

FRANK CARDS: Ah think that leakin the transcript of this meetin will destabilise ah agenda

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

quote:

While urinating on a magic tree, Dutton gets magically impregnated by a dryad.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

avshalom rereg to tell me if you still have the cute dog (vanya?). thanks for the good posts. vote greens

e: nvm i found this in your permaban thread

a man of vision posted:

omg vanya is being an absolute cat today, i've let him inside/outside like fifteen times since he got out of bed

bell jar fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 19, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

avshalom rereg to send me pics of vanya

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

cumcar

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

e: i was mean for no reason

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

australia voice: we live in a bubble, we are not affected by world news, the goings on of the world have no impact on us or our politics

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

let the free market determine the success of an enterprise [is extremely successful at attracting people to country] we're regulating you out of our people market

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

IMO let in refugees regardless of quota or quality, let people go where they want

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Disagree.

What is your objection to letting anyone come here

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

anime david, if you can afford a subscription to the australian, you can afford to use the quote tag

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Absolute free movement is a cappo wet dream and any country going one out on it is a bad idea.

"sorry mate, know you want to come here to our country and we'd love to have you, but we have to arbitrarily restrict our intake of refugees because of reasons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I would vote Labor over Greens if they promised to severely reduce the pension as a percentage of overall welfare

you don't have to take any money from the oldies, just give everyone else a lot more

• Locked thread