Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am Anime David

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

And this is 60 minutes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

good luck to the people of tasmania today!

They're going to need it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

From an observation,Tasmania is looking kinda close? No?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

2018 is when QLD is the best State and the Liberals win Vic, Tasmania and SA.

Lol

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This looks like it came out of the Fallout 4 character creator.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

Among the concerns Labor cites around Work for the Dole are cases where participants have been exposed to asbestos, and a case in Toowoomba where an 18-year old participant was killed on a Work for the Dole project.

I was reading an article about how Labor is about to withdraw support for Work for the Dole and what the gently caress, why are welfare participants anywhere near asbestos?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Aw man the rat is gone

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually Queensland has been the best state for awhile and I'm looking forward to Vic flipping blue and watching goons go nuts.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland has its flaws but when Vic flips blue it will be the most progressive state government in Australia

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*Checks notes*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Keen for Retail Food Group to reopen on the ASX today and watch what will be an amazing tumble into oblivion.

Good riddance.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Can’t wait for Dutton to dump Turnbull and win in a landslide after every nsw, qld, and wa electorate votes potato 1

It's very suspect that Fairfax is currently going after Julie Bishop's throat.

After Barnaby it's almost like some sort of media emperor has given permission to start loving up the Liberal Party but such a figure doesn't exist.

But Dutton has not been a target at all. Even when journalists are clearly looking for dirt.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Uh

Uh

Look over there, a young couple looking for a variable interest home loan and attempting to put their mortgage on Amex!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who was following Retail Food Group? It's a bit of a bloodbath right now https://www.google.com/search?q=ASX:RFG

Me.

Lol.

Goodbye Gloria Jeans

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Joyce couldn't force a spill now though, clearly?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I mean as nationals leader he could in theory force a spill

Not any more though

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

drat. Retail Food Group, Doughnut Time and Aussie Farmers direct all going under in one day.

Seems like a pretty crazy day for retail food businesses and suppliers.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Opposition Leader Steven Marshall has admitted Chinese mining magnate Sally Zou has been to his house, but stressed he had not received any personal gifts from her.

This morning Mr Marshall faced further questioning over a potential $1.2 million donation from Ms Zou, which she tweeted about last week.

Now, more information about the $1,212,018 cheque has emerged — it appears to be the same date as Mr Marshall's birthday.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Premier Xenophon

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

tithin posted:

Tell me more about this?

Retail food group got caught ripping off franchisers and not paying employees and closed trading back in December. Trading reopened today and stock went from 5 bux to 1 dollar and will probably tumble further tomorrow into the abyss.

Doughnut Time just said they ran out of money and all the stores are gonna close.

Same for Aussie Farmers Direct owners just got up and left into bankruptcy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Uh basically don't invest in doughnuts

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

50c/L milk incoming

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

RFG closing is a death kneel for branded cafes though. I wonder how long till Coffee Club carks it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but after these guys go under there's what, Coffee Club, Zaraffas, Star Bucks?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not saying I'm using them I just note a trend

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Last year, Ipsos conducted for Fairfax focus groups in Sydney and Melbourne, and some of the descriptions of the Opposition leader included “a snake”, “he stabs people in the back”, “sorry but I can’t stand him”, and the kicker: “inauthentic”.

Snake for PM

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Abc (not News.com.au) posted:

Brisbane schoolgirl Riata Baker is 12, and she is already saving her hard-earned cash for a house or shares in a business.

The youngster said she was earning up to $100 a weekend by making balloon animals and face painting at kids' birthday parties.

Her mum encouraged her to start her own business after she taught herself both crafts by watching YouTube videos.

"Mum thought it would be a good job rather than flipping burgers at a fast food place while I'm a teenager," she told ABC Radio Brisbane's Craig Zonca and Rebecca Levingston.

Riata said she had managed to save $1,600 since she started charging for her handiwork.

Marlene Baker said she supported her daughter's entrepreneurial spirit because she wanted her to learn about money early, including business basics.

She said Riata paid her a commission for the balloons she supplied and time spent driving her to and from jobs.

The 12-year-old said she also had planned to sell mobile phone accessories at her school to beef up her bank balance.

"I've got two accounts; one for savings and one for spending," she said.

"I'm saving my spending one up for a car and my savings one up for shares in a business or a house.

"I don't want to have lots of money in a mortgage for a house ... I'll be paying it off until I nearly die."

Better to be rich than look rich

Griffith University financial planning student Azaria Bell runs a YouTube channel to provide young people with strategies to save.

She said social pressure drove many young people to adopt bad spending habits and live a life they could not afford.

"I'd rather be rich than look rich," she said.

"It would be nice to have an expensive car. but nothing feels better than feeling safe and secure.

"Financial stress is one thing you can aim to eliminate or reduce, so why not do that while you're young?"

The 21-year-old said she advised other young people to get a head start on their own financial security by treating their savings account like another bill.

"I don't like the word budget; it's a bit of a dirty word for me," Ms Bell said.

"If I'm earning $400 in a week ... I'll pay the bills, pay into my own savings account and then whatever is left is what you have to spend.

"What a lot of people do is they pay the bills, they spend and then save whatever is left at the end of the week but it doesn't normally work out like that."

Ms Bell said she managed to live debt free in her final year of university by knuckling down on her spending habits early and striking a balance between having a social life and meeting her personal goals.

Financial literacy starts in school

Financial Basics Foundation chief executive Katrina Birch said money education had the ability to make traditional disciplines like maths and social sciences more relevant.

The foundation was set up by a Queensland debt collection agency that realised the people they were pursuing had not received an education about money during their school years.

Ms Birch said the program now entered schools for free to speak with students about how to avoid bad debt and manage their finances as adults.

"For many young people juggling studies and work and finding spare cash to make ends meet can be tricky," she said.

"The concern is that young Australians are relying on credit cards to finance overseas trips, rental payments, study and those lifestyle choices."

Ms Birch said the concept of invisible money and temptation of credit cards and deferred payment systems encouraged young people to spend rather than save.

She said schools that did not include lessons about money in their curriculum were likely to turn out students that would not understand concepts like interest rates.

Griffith University senior finance lecturer Dr Rakesh Gupta said involving your children in holiday budgeting was a positive way to help them understand money management from an early age.

"We do the budget every time we travel and go on holidays but we don't involve our children in that process," he said.

"Sit down with the children beforehand and say, 'We have two weeks of holidays and we've got $5,000 to spend on that holiday. Let's plan what to do with that $5,000'."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

love 2 get my business advice from toddlers with a hobby

Wow! Little girl earns 10 dollars per hour and performs tricks at mother's friends children's birthday party while amused capitalists throw her tips!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.uber.com/newsroom/uber-health/

Lmao can't wait for the Ambulance to show up in a Suzuki Swift and get the directions to the Hospital wrong in 2030.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Endman posted:

Oh my god

I know right? How is this legal lmao

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ABC posted:

Wealthy property investors should be excluded from making hefty tax deductions if negative gearing laws are overhauled, according to controversial research out today.

I dont think that's very controversial, Aunty.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Make New Matilda the new ABC imho

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What if we just kept merging unions to create one union that united all of the workers together?

:ussr: :thunk:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I noticed this from sky news this morning

Did you guys know that since January Alan Tudge is the "Minister of Citizenship"

What the gently caress is going on with our immigration department lol, they're one goose step away from wearing space marine armor.

How is this allowed lol. Minister of literally gently caress you, learn English and drink VB.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Minister of Citizenship
Minister of Truth
Minister of Australian Values
Minister of Deportation
Minister of Maritime Security

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So what happens when the federal government is too stupid to fix the issue and recycling dies in Australia before some private company 'fixes' it and charges us all a subscription for it?

Uber Trash?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don't worry. Recycling didn't exist anyway because they just sell it to some overseas landfill or secretly bury it in Ipswich.

No big loss. Just mail it to Ipswich.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The father ends up being Warren Truss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The comments suggest the Coalition will target Labor for pushing for higher wages despite the fact the government’s own projected surplus in 2020-21 is highly dependent on optimistic wage growth assumptions.

• Locked thread