Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Voted in Braddon - not even a democracy sausage for consolation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

On the plus side, no gauntlet of people handing out how-to-vote cards.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Zenithe posted:

SMDH if you don't check snagvotes before you attend to your democratic responsibilities.

Living in an inhospitable desert of godless snaglessness on the NW coast. In fairness though, I thought that was related to this:

Endman posted:

Handing out how to vote cards outside the polling booth is illegal in Tasmania for state elections.

but apparently not.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

ewe2 posted:

Congratulations to the Tasmanian public on their skill in picking this idiot again.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Eat poo poo you inbred fuckos enjoy another billion years of liberal government because you got wooed by the loving pokies

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos the Greens Kodos.

The whole pokies thing was pushed as an employment thing (i.e. destroying jobs by taking the pokies away), which is probably a sore spot for a lot of the non-Hobart areas.

A lot of the anti-Greens sentiments down here could probably be ascribed to "drat Greenies trying to destroy the mining/logging/whatever jobs".

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mr Chips posted:

Does that mean she gets $29k in dividends PLUS the $12k rebate? (Ignoring the $130k in other income)

Yes, the franking credit refund is on top of dividends.

On rough calculation, based on my own situation, they'd need about $1M plus in shares to get those dividends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Cartoon posted:

I've been trying to put this to bed but if you are going to go after the ALP perhaps you should remember this:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/tripling-tax-free-threshold

Now before the ALP did that, even 'modest' 100K share portfolios would result in a taxable income. Which of the shiny giveaways do you want boomer poo poo smears?

Yeah, but that was to offset the effect of the Carbon "tax" for the plebs. It really should have been repealed at the same time as the tax, but I'm sure the economically responsible party in power had their reasons not to.

• Locked thread