Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Will the amount of money pokies/hospitality spent on this election ever be declared?

Given how successful pokies reform was in Western Australia I guess they feel they have to go all out to maintain the status quo elsewhere
But how else can community sports clubs continue to thrive off the suffering and devastation imposed on families?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Queensland will always be the worst state as it votes in turds like George Christensen, Matt Canavan and Pauline Hanson.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also Peter Dutton.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

vic is incredibly left with its michael danbys and its blair cottrells
They're only noteworthy down here because they're an aberration, they stand out. In Anidav's beloved Queensland, :scrunt:s are normal and everyday occurrences.

Blair Cottrell has about 0% chance of being elected to a federal seat or senate position in Victoria. He'd enjoy a lot more success in the Sunshine State, however.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Recoome posted:

Just posting from the past to say that it's ironic that Daisy is mad rapping this brand, as this brand regularly exploits the models they use, and basically is straight up racist.
Oh god I remember Kitten D'amour, they used to be called Sex Kitten back in 2010 and, to be very honest, their dresses are poo poo quality.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

No one's said what the racism they did is yet, what'd they say?
Here's the first result I found googling "kitten damour racism"

https://twitter.com/cutequeer96/status/826706838372487168?lang=en

It's likely this is the tip of the iceberg, as with all companies that get called out on this poo poo.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

It seems like they did awkward orientalist designs and panicked at the backlash.

Much like everything to do with Daisy and the rest of the Aus alt-right community, astoundingly dull
To be honest, I'd be willing to bet real money that Daisy is sponsored by them, the amount of brand dropping she does for them. Even in some of her articles, she'll drop them as if they're a big brand to be recognised.

EDIT: It's also a Brisbane founded and based company, I really wouldn't put it past the owner to be quite conservative and right wing, considering that response basically said "we don't really care because our customers are very fine with this".

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Recoome posted:

Sorry busy day but my friend was a model for them for a while and they ended up flat-out not paying her while still using her image and then the owners of the brand came out with this huge persecution complex about people being out to get them.

In this Facebook thread a bunch of other people chimed in that this has happened to them aswell so I guess it’s not s public news thing yet?? This was probably about a year ago though now
This happens a lot with models and smaller brands, it's pretty much "oh you'll get lots of exposure" type poo poo too.

Anidav posted:

Last year, Ipsos conducted for Fairfax focus groups in Sydney and Melbourne, and some of the descriptions of the Opposition leader included “a snake”, “he stabs people in the back”, “sorry but I can’t stand him”, and the kicker: “inauthentic”.

Snake for PM
Because focus groups worked so well for KRudd.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JSA's are the bosses that hold weekly team meetings to tell you how you're more empowered to enact change in the company and foster positive outcomes, except the company just keeps changing processes to do the opposite.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

bandaid.friend posted:

Why is the state media saying people should start working at twelve to expect to be able to own their home
Nanny state child labour laws preventing the next generation in earning their share.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Off shore call centre consultants get in serious poo poo if they go off script, actually. Don't be hating on them just for trying not to get fired.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I have no idea why you guys don't just call the Ombudsman over this horseshit. The internet just dropping the gently caress out for days at a time is not acceptable in this day and age.
The TIO requires you to first attempt to resolve the issue with the ISP and go through their process before you can lodge a complaint with them.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

But you're telling other people the TIO is a waste of time for reasons specific to your brother's case. Synth has NBN. Edit: as in, NBN usually means more providers get into the area.
It also means Telstra don't have any real extra sway and can't just flick a switch to change it over since it's not on Telstra infrastructure.

Not that they should be doing that on their own infrastructure, because the ACCC gets narky at them for doing it (employees can be fined for breaching structural separation).

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

considering dropping nbn if they cant resolve it and just getting a 4g modem I can pair with my phone account
If you do any online gaming or downloading, you're hosed. ewe2 lived on a 4g modem for years and it's basically the best way to kill what you do online.

I'd suggest dropping iiNet and going for Aussie Broadband or MyRepublic (who I'm with). Aside from a mixup during the relocation of our service when we moved last year, it's been pretty solid (apart from their routing tables getting hosed for 20 minutes the other day).

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

No big loss. Just mail it to my rat heap.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

So I can forward it to you
It's ok, ASIO intercept any mail that you send out now since that DVD you sent.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It's the one true suppository of wisdom.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Pros: Less pokies
You mean unless SA libs bribe Xenophon enough?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Fallout 3: Kid's dad runs out on them in the middle of the night, main quest is all about finding said dad and continuing his legacy.

Fallout 4: Son is stolen while you cryo-sleep, main quest is all about finding said son only he is now called Father.

Someone at Bethsoft has some weird as gently caress father issues.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

GoldStandardConure posted:

Vermintide: Avenge all the dads that were killed by rat dadsAnidav

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

"Hmm, is 13 investment properties enough? No, clearly I need more."

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Why is LJ Hooker stopping me from having McCain Frozen Pizzas?
There's nothing stopping you from calling the RTA, who aren't toothless tigers in QLD.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

"Well I went to call them up but the rats have chewed through the cables!"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Zenithe posted:

Caleb, call the RTA for advice, file a notice to remedy breach form, if they still won't do anything after seven days (they will) then they're hosed.
This would require Anidav doing something, rather than just going with the current.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Whitlam, you're forgetting the "No one should own cars, everyone should just ride bikes everywhere" narrative that pops up from time to time too. The same criticisms apply there, but the response is the same, too.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

this Chris Roberts version of papers please sucks
Couldn't be by Chris Roberts, it actually released.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Labor in Batman probably isn't being helped by the fact that the Young Labor at LaTrobe are basically trying to dismantle the LGBTIQ department of the Student Union and last year redirected the funds from that department to other areas. None of the services for LGBTIQ students are promoted by the Union and there hasn't been any events planned by the department for over a year.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

You Am I posted:

Dutton really wants to destroy any progress this country has had over the past 20 years
20 years doesn't take us back to White Australia, though. I'd say he wants to see us go back a good 70 years.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is Alex Bhathial a bully?
Doesn't support Labor policies 100%, so as per thread narrative, yes.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Wasn't she censured by the party?
Was she? AFAIK any complaints against her were cleared by the party, but on the other hand that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I wouldn't put it past any of the political parties to sweep that poo poo under the rug.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Ah ok I thought there was an an official response that acknowledged some kind of wrongdoing, but yeah I'm sure if it was there it was quickly carpeted over anyway.
From my understanding the 101 page "report" is a compiled complaint by a group of members from that branch that another body in the party investigated and found wasn't warranted.

That isn't to say that the complaints aren't valid, however. As you say, if there was a legit complaint it would have been carpeted over. I can't see any party going to a by-election not shoving that poo poo into a dark corner.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

"We welcome the prospect of progressive tax policy but we will wait for further details."

That's all they needed to do.
If Shorten wanted to secure Batman, all he has to do is commit to opposing Adani.

That's all he needed to do.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Look, Labor are the true champions of the downtrodden workers. Just forget about them loving over workers since Hawke, no please ignore the fact that they didn't make going on strike legal, look sure they really screwed the pooch with the FWC, true but they removed Workchoices, surely that makes up for the rest right?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also if Grubby Greens are bad then Labor must be good, checkmate lefties :smug:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Going on strike as long as the FWC says it's ok is legal :viggo:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

Vaping is illegal?
In Victoria, it's fine in areas smoking is allowed, but only with the use of a non-nicotine fluid. Selling, possessing and using nicotine fluids for e-cigs is illegal.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Sparticle posted:

Why even vape?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Surely of all loving places Batman would have vegan sausage alternatives at the polling place
Everyone I've spoken to who lives out that way has said none were available at where they voted, I was a bit surprised tbh.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

JBP's chronic inability to google simple questions strikes again.
It's hard for him to google as his arms gesticulate wildly in a triggered rage at the very thought of the Greens. The sight of the Greens logo makes his bottom jaw detach, his mouth open wide and screech static at any and all nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Upon translation, the static is found to read "THE PLIGHT OF TRUE WORKER"

• Locked thread