Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Paingod556 posted:

Also their plans to cut down all the old growth forests, but just ignore that for now.

That one's just smart politics since Labor can't stop being in bed with the logging companies and their employees (mostly the companies) and the Greens have an actual presence in Tasmania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Job Service Agency. (I'm assuming).
See Also: How the Liberals turned the Newstart allowance into a massive handout to their friends and benefactors.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Mar 5, 2018

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

I figured it had to be something else, because my JSA has nothing but some chairs and computers that don't work and very, very aggresive word documents stapled to the wall that literally say like, "YOU make your LIFE choices, THE economy and YOUR past HAVE NO bearing on YOUR FUTURE, we choose to have our ATTITUDE as GRATEFUL AND POSITIVE everyday"

I know that sounds like an exaggeration, but honest to god I'll take a picture next time I'm there

There are in fact good JSPs out there. I managed to back my way into one (JobProspects Prahran, they seem to do good work).

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Rather interesting article from the graun about the SA election from the bottom-level perspective. It seems clear that voters want a change but the options are bloody limited and the candidates confuse the hell out of them.

It shouldn't.
There's the Liberals, the "I can't believe they're not Liberals"-brand Liberals and the Not Liberals.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

This was last page but I have to hang poo poo on you for failing the TISM test, which is that TISM are poo poo.

Isn't the correct answer "and what of it?"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BBJoey posted:

i thought they fired them all

Nah, everyone still sends cub reporters to woop woop.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I'm actually kinda surprised with the "talent" VicLabor pushes into those stronghold seats. It's almost like they don't get why they're stronghold seats to begin with.

You look at who the Libs have in Goldstein, Higgins and Kooyong and they're current ministers who look like they're going places or are future Liberal superstar Tim Wilson.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aesculus posted:

My prediction fot Ports is that the Greens eclipse Danby only to have Damnby-wing ALP voters preference the Libs and give them the seat instead :negative:

I mean, that's what he did last time; if you were voting in an area considered to be Jewish, Danby had unique how-to-vote cards that put the Liberals ahead of the Greens.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I think they want to avoid being "the party of chaos" so they can attack a "labor greens coalition of chaos" at the next election. Just fling so much poo poo you can't see the sun any more.

Especially now that Labor appears to be gearing up for a run on making on making old people suffer.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Krabboss posted:

There's an Ethiopian restaurant somewhat near me that I haven't been to yet. I like eating spicy mush with unleavened bread so maybe I'll go.

Ethiopian is properly good food.
Went with an actual Ethiopian person once, holy poo poo that food was amazing.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

AgentF posted:

Ethiopian is loving delicious and a great dining experience with friends and if that was Caleb Bond then I will point out that the Ethopian places in Adelaide are very good and that he's a dickhead.

I think someone mentioned it was Blair Cotrel or whatever the gently caress his name is.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

How loving stupid can you be.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Vegetarian Chickpea Tacos might actually be the best low-effort make it yourself taco out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Reminder that the CFA covers a not insignificant chunk of metropolitan melbourne for reasons passing understanding in the 21st century.

Dude McAwesome posted:

CFA vols backed up Turnbull in the lead up to 2016 federal election. Turnbull forms government. Passed legislation saying that volunteers are able to object to any clauses in the CFA professional firefighter’s EBA. Hence no EBA is ever going to pass.

Like I don't get this, or the legality of it. Isn't this a massive overreach on the part of the Federal government?

• Locked thread