Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

On the eve of the Tasmanian state election, the Liberals have just mentioned that they are looking at watering down their gun laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tithin posted:

Tasmania's got an election going on?

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/headlines/tasmanian-election-in-the-news-for-reason/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Good work Tasmania swallowing the pokies lies and gun law changes. You have now taken the worst state award from Queensland

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-05/barnaby-joyce-says-paternity-of-unborn-child-nobodys-business/9508748

lol after telling the media that he might not be the father, Joyce is now telling everyone that the baby's father isn't anyone's business.

loving toad of a man throwing mud at his partner's character and then pulling this poo poo.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I see Barnaby has taken being a back bencher well then.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Last year, Ipsos conducted for Fairfax focus groups in Sydney and Melbourne, and some of the descriptions of the Opposition leader included “a snake”, “he stabs people in the back”, “sorry but I can’t stand him”, and the kicker: “inauthentic”.

Snake for PM

Snaaaaake, it's a snaaaaaaake

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

if I had a time machine I'd sell it and buy a house

e: might even be able to afford something in carlton

lol let's not get too far ahead of ourselves there. Maybe a place out near Pakenham or ~*Caroline Springs*~

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress Michelle Guthrie with the dumbing down of the ABC. It's so obvious when you look at their news website these days.

Bring back state based 730 on Fridays, I miss that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dimebag posted:

Isn't he one of the nationals who can barely spit out a dixer when called upon and is cheered by his party like a child reciting their first sentence for simply showing basic comprehension after doing so? Or am I thinking of another coalition member who cannot seem to grasp public speaking?

No, he's an outer east Melbourne suburbs Liberal MP. Dumb as poo poo, he was responsible for the Centrelink Debt call out fiasco.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

The first Victorian Council has been informed by their kerbside recycling collector that service is suspended immediately lol

Which one is it out of interest as today is recycle day for me area?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hiddenmovement posted:

The Gatwick was not the reason people stopped going to St.Kilda. They stopped going to St.Kilda because it went from being a vibrant, low rent, arts community with lots of live music venues to a piss boring corporate cafe strip with dogshit dull bars that charge too much. Money killed St.Kilda, not homeless people (who have always been there).

If his homeless and destitute argument rang true no one would go to the CBD anymore and welpppppp
St Kilda was great with the arty folks, sex workers and mad local characters.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I love his quote at this years Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras

"Lucy and I met on the same night 40 years ago, so we can see the connection with love" EVEN THOUGH YOU PUT LGBTI AUSTRALIANS THROUGH HELL WITH YOUR lovely SURVEY

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

swimsuit posted:

whats the point of st kilda if the espy isnt even open

True, what a waste of a venue.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mad Katter posted:

I don't know what it is about level crossings, but the issue certainly seems to bring out a particular type of loony.

Especially the entire Liberal Party in Victoria. They loving hate the level crossing removals and the Metro tunnel

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor planning by state and federal government shock.

Nah, we'll keep on building housing estates out in the middle of woop woop with no public transport links and on main roads that were originally made for Farmer Brown and his tractors.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who wore it worse?

Wow, age has not been kind to Carmen Sandiego

You Am I fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 12, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don't live in the western suburbs :smugeastie:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Official theme song of the Melbourne Westie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nothing like living so close to public transport here in the east

*drives to work*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I always knew old people were crazy about franking credits, but I never understood why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gemNU9mTsig

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

I also know people that overpay into tax as a savings measure and I'm like you're dumb as gently caress.

I do that (still get HECS taken out) and not dumb as gently caress.

And LOL at getting interest in a bank account these days.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Why don't you pay it into savings and get something, which is better than literally nothing that also becomes less valuable every quarter? If there's spare money in there you can always throw it at super and get the tax deduction on top, saving $100 per pay (that will actually gain good value) for the princely sum of ~$75.

Once again savings is a zero sum game since the interest rates are too low for it to be effective. I can put more into super, but already getting 17% a year thanks to the EBA and future YouAmI can go gently caress himself at the moment.

I like having that fat return goodness for planning my holidays each year.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whitlam posted:

Actually on that note, does anyone have some good references about contributing more to your super without loving yourself at tax time? I want to contribute more but I'm not sure if there are any limits or anything for doing so and don't want to accidentally screw myself.

Speak to your HR department, salary sacrifice for super can differ between businesses depending on EBAs or individual agreements

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Have you considered instead just not spending the money and then you will also have it available to go on holidays etc with
No, my candles collection must grow

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress White South Africans. They are subhuman.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Synthbuttrange posted:

The Home Affairs minister, Peter Dutton, is considering establishing a committee to allow gun importers to review proposed changes to firearm regulations for “appropriateness and intent”.

Following a meeting with a pro-gun lobbyist in February, Dutton is weighing up whether to establish a so-called “firearms advisory council”, which the gun lobby says would give it “a seat at the table” to advise the government on firearms policy.

Last month Dutton met with Robert Nioa, one of Australia’s largest gun dealers, to discuss the council.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/15/peter-dutton-considering-request-for-gun-importers-to-review-rule-changes

Dutton really wants to destroy any progress this country has had over the past 20 years

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just finished laughing at a comment in a Daniel Andrews' FB update about a rail level crossing being removed and how the project is well ahead of schedule, and some idiot posts "If he (Dandrews) didn't have his union thugs working there, it would've been done by now".

Of course, if we threw workers at the problem like Qatar has done with their sporting stadiums, it probably would've been done by now, who cares about some dead workers along the way, we'll sweep it under the rug.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Roller coaster of Musk

Roller coaster of Musk Musk Musk

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goodbye Roman Quisling

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AgentF posted:

This is a contradiction. Do they want to promote multicultural pride or do they want assimilation to Australian values?

The answer is "anything but being asian muslim whatever we can demonise for bigot votes"

The Greeks also have a very nasty right wing party in Greece, the Golden Dawn Party.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Is that what you were working on?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dear South Australians,

Don't gently caress up today's state election like the Tasmanians did.

Thanks

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

South Australia you loving suck.

Well, that’s common knowledge but yeah

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

South Australia Best? More like South Australia Bad. Badelaide.

I will allow left wing refugees from SA to my home, to live in the utopia that is the best state in this shithole of a nation, Victoria. You will be even legally allowed to kill yourself here soon, perfectly in tune with the Auspol mantra.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CrazyTolradi posted:

Fire sale on SA assets (whatever assets are left at this point), 50% off, get 'em while they're hot.

Is the Giant Rocking Horse for sale?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

RIP Magic Mountain at Glenelg :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Why would you stop people paying for school? I mean even if you ended public funding wholesale to private school, why wouldn't you let rich people reduce the burden on the education budget?

Because it then gets rid of the idea of a class system for education. There shouldn't be a need for private schools, as there should not be a need for the private health system.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Does money still exist in this scenario?

Yes it does. It goes to public services instead.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DancingShade posted:

Enough people are sufficiently dumb that the media (owned by the rich) would convince them it was the fault of some other group.

Just look at how much dog whistling is going on about refugees and immigration at the moment so the government can have something to cover their arse when things go pear shaped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Turnbull is going to pass his tax cuts lmao

The Business Council of Australia is going to be so pleased with that news.

• Locked thread