Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm hoping that, by studying politics in this thread, one day I too will be able to nut my way to success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Slut shaming your Baby Mama in the Sydney Morning Herald.

From everything I've learned from all my years of following politics and all the possible courses of action I though Joyce might pursue, THIS was not one of them.

I'm genuinely surprised at how low he's gone here.

I mean, this moment may well come to be new the gold standard we apply to lovely politicians for decades.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

You Am I posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-05/barnaby-joyce-says-paternity-of-unborn-child-nobodys-business/9508748

lol after telling the media that he might not be the father, Joyce is now telling everyone that the baby's father isn't anyone's business.

loving toad of a man throwing mud at his partner's character and then pulling this poo poo.

Here's the statement he released earlier:

quote:

Yes, I was ineligible for federal selection due to being a New Zealand citizen and took hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money in salary which I will never have to pay back. Yes, I was cheating on my wife while using the 'sanctity of marriage' to attempt to permanently deprive others of their right to marry the person they loved. Yes, I got my adulterous partner pregnant while staying in a $4000 a week luxury condo belonging to a campaign contributor. Yes, I got $3million dollars of public money spent on another property of that same campaign contributor while no longer a sitting federal senator. But have you considered that maybe Vikki Campion's a dirty whore who can't keep her legs together?

Also I would ask that the media please give us our privacy, thank you.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 5, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

And for a comedy pick me up:

quote:

CFMEU has been given the go ahead by the Fair Work Commission to merge with the Maritime Union and the Textile, Clothing and Footwear Union

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/laundy/9522114

gently caress me, that sounds like one hell of a union.

:getin:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
God, I hope they bury him somewhere in Australia so I won't have to spend too much on travel when I go and piss on his grave.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

I will handle this. Tolradi just believes my parody is real.

It's just annoying when LJ does nothing.

Get to your state's tenants rights website and download the "Notice to Landlord".

Once you give this to your landlord they have 14 days to repair the issue fully. They won't do a single goddamn thing if all you've done is call them up and ask nicely.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

More like Close Encounters of the Perv Kind.

I'm still genuinely stunned Pell returned to face the music. The only thing I can think of to explain it is that he was directly ordered to by the pope. But even then, he's the third most powerful person in Vatican City, so could even the pope truly force him?

As deeply evil as Pell is, even he couldn't be so arrogant as to think he'd walk away from all this without a scratch?

Still, no matter what the consequences for him, finally after decades of silence, the truth is coming out and all the victims of monsters like him are finally getting their say.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

NTRabbit posted:

• Raw milkers

A problem which solves itself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

froglet posted:

So folks, a television producer is asking me if I'd be interested in talking to them about the gender wage gap since I shared a story somewhere public about getting paid less than a dude for the same job.

I feel like I should say yes, but I also don't really want to put myself out there because I feel like this might be setting myself up for getting myself thrown under a bus.

Thoughts?

If it's for a programme on SBS or the ABC, I'd say go for it if you can guarantee your safety career-wise.

Any of the commercial stations? There's no way it's anything other than a hit piece on women.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

As a Wesfarmers employee I sure can't wait for my pay r-aaaahahaha AAAAAHAHAHAA

Don't you work in their fuel arm? I heard they were splitting that part of the company off from the rest.

What's going to happen to your pay scale when all the old Westfarmer agreements are no longer valid?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

put both hands in posted:

Apart from all the other racist poo poo in this, referring to Zimbabwe as "Rhodesia"

Jesus loving Christ.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well, have to say that's the opposite to what I expected.

Hope you get to keep your weekend/public holiday/vacation loadings, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Keeping the policy is one thing, but this:

"We recognise that the boat turnback policy has been effective"

gently caress you Blib, you're a trash person in a trash party.

Of course, what he meant to say was, "We recognise that the boat turnback policy has been effective at getting votes."

Comstar posted:

Someone's leaked this into the media to kill Dutton's chances at being the PM.

Saw "kill Dutton" and got all excited for a moment.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hiddenmovement posted:

Perhaps its just me but perhaps 60 yo parliamentarians shouldnt act like o-week kids

Any other :corsair: Vicpol goons remember the ottering scandal from about 30 years ago?

It started with political reporters sliding head first down the wide flat bannisters at parliament house during late night sessions while bored and drunk. But I repeat myself.

Then the politicians started doing it too during breaks.

Then things started to get out of hand as more and more drunken pollies and reporters ended up flying off the bannisters at high speed into decorative plants, urns, people, etc.

Also several people ended up with broken bones and incredibly flimsy excuses were given for their origin.

It was a more innocent time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
As Minister for the Protection of White People, Dutton is above the law.

Anidav posted:

Paul Syvret is an assistant editor of The Courier-Mail.

@PSyvret

Well there's a loving twist!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Knobb Manwich posted:

The Labor MP then also started shouting at her in the elevator afterwards so yeah a bit more than that mate.

You're saying people don't like being racial abused and can get upset about it?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The adults are in charge.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
If you worked so drat hard all your life, why are you on welfare you filthy bludger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
:emptyquote:

McGiggins posted:

In Australia, doctors about to graduate from a certain southern university are sometimes contracted to fly out to certain indo-countries to perform no questions asked organ removals from patients that are already sedated when they arrive, in exchange for large sums of cash they get as "consultation fees", which in and of themselves is nothing to what the organs are actually worth on the black market.

The Queensland version of Today Tonight has infiltrated the forums.

• Locked thread