Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Does anybody itt know how, why or who by?

The extreme greenies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

What the gently caress are they doing in Canberra

starkebn
May 18, 2004

How long has this existed?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I used to have an electrical licence and if the power went out at my place I wouldn't think touching a garden tap would be a risk. I know hypothetically this sort of thing can happen but it probably wouldn't have crossed my mind before this.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

JBP posted:

It's crossed my mind since my dad is a sparky and mentioned it, but it's not something I considered anywhere within the realm of possibility. It's urban legend type stuff.

I've definitely heard of it, that sort of horror story gets told at TAFE. But it probably wouldn't be something that would cross my mind if the situation happened at home.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

JBP posted:

If the words "the main driver for population growth is immigration" registers in your brain as being an attack, I don't know what to tell you. This is as plain as a boring fact gets.

yes, taken out of context to the rest of the narrative of the article, that is just a fact

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Endman posted:

Labor hands down progressive tax policy on a platter and the Greens are all ‘hmm fake outrage on social media is our whole party platform better block it in the senate’

Except they said they will scrutinise it for unfair outcomes

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Yes, why don't they just pass all good sounding policy without checking the details?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Dimebag posted:

Locally manufactured and will fit on the current guage tracks and lines? Its unheard of...on the east coast of Australia.

But will they fit through the tunnels? This has been a problem recently.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

drunkill posted:

The battery has killed profits from gas peaker plants, since they don't need to spin up as quickly the surge price on power is much lower and the battery is killing the power cartel.

Of course they want to stop any future batteries which would impact party doners.

It seems so blatant

starkebn
May 18, 2004

gently caress this government

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh hey America finally found a cop they’re willing to pursue for murder charges

(His name is Mohamed Noor and he shot a blonde white woman)

my thoughts exactly

starkebn
May 18, 2004

If the LNP cuts the company tax rate by 5% won't that mean are battling pensioners get 5% less :siren: franking credits :siren:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

If the tax rate is going from 30% to 25% doesn't that mean a 16.7% drop in the rate and therefore a 16.7% drop in the franking credits?

How could they consider such a dastardly thing?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

That's a god-tier post

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Just lol if you think Dutton would ever give up being potato king of home security

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yep, agreed. All it had to say is that people aren't getting paid penalty rates and the greens are trying to get them back. Not that loving hard really. Ugh, really hoping Larissa Waters gets number one spot on the greens ballot in QLD next election. She was cool and good.

Larissa is going to get the nod so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

How does something like this translate to having kicked ALP out at a state level? How bizarre.

Jerrymandering the boundaries?

• Locked thread