Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

On the plus side, no gauntlet of people handing out how-to-vote cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxPKNX1oWyw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Wouldn't that represent a unique business opportunity then

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Walked right into a TERF war it seems

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

ALP federal policy via Husic to get rid of work for the dole. They're going to lose.

is WFTD that poopular?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

hey but at least we didn't vote for that dysfunctional labor party eh

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

by now the nationals have probably worked out that they're hosed if they do anything again and the only chance they have of extracting anything for the regions between now and next year is by supporting whoever the liberals want

literally every person in australia is sick of their collective bullshit naval gazing

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

these stories about barnaby being a child and threatening turnbull will do nothing except ensure he has no support in the partyroom

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Just remember, Rupert will die sooner or later knowing that of the two sons old enough and willing enough to take on his empire for him, one of them refuses to partake in his political views and the other is incompetent in executing them. He will know this and will be able to do nothing to stop it.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What ended up happening with Elizabeth?

From what I've read the only two that have been remotely interested in taking over the main part of the murdoch empire were lachlan and james, the others have their own stuff they want to do.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

A while back it was reported that James was getting more and more frustrated with Rupe's political leanings, specifically Fox News and its role in the election in 2016. He's probably the more competent out of him and Lachlan, because Lachlan was the one who was involved with tanking Ten and allowing it to be sold to CBS (a good thing btw).

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

There may be bigger fish to fry but I reckon Labor have been doing a pretty good job of looking at the minutiae of the tax and transfer system and working out where they can squeeze a few bucks without too much pain all over. They have that luxury because of their constant commanding lead in the polls.

Removing franking credits completely would just make more business investors stick their head up and demand further company tax cuts which we probably don't need.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

bigis posted:

If you’re a boomer with 1 mil in your super fund surely it’s not that bad if they’re drawing down on these funds instead of a “modest” income from dividends and franking credits.

Exactly. Super wasn't intended as an estate planning mechanism it was for income for individuals and couples as they retire. The assumptions inherent in the original model was that it should last for most of your needs until you pass away, assuming nothing was left over at the end.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

image of christopher pyne on the bus

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

I like this one because it looks like an ad for seniors insurance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTgCYxA5lo

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

The great part about the proposed labor tax changes is that once they get the opportunity to implement them the next LNP government after them won't roll them back.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP why do you continue to refuse to be the monster we all know you to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

dear auspol, my dad died today in a car accident and I would like to hear your coping strategies because mine at this point is “drink a lot of beers and cry heaps”

Write.

• Locked thread