Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

The TIO requires you to first attempt to resolve the issue with the ISP and go through their process before you can lodge a complaint with them.

Which is exactly what my brother did, which is what the Optus rep told him to do, and then said 'and then we will get the TIO complaint and contact you to say 'there is nothing we can do as there is no plans to upgrade the infrastructure at this time' and offer you a discount on your plan'

which is exactly what happened, but hes still paying $80 a month for 1mbps on a 100mbit HFC line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

G-Spot Run posted:

You can deny their offer and get out of contract to try another provider who didn't over stack their capacity.

Gee I wonder if anyone could possibly suggest another ISP like that, maybe even with some recommendations of getting the service speed they pay for?

Oh well. Guess you're stuck slamming your dick in the door of life.

They actually are, because they are 4km+ from the nearest exchange, and Optus is the only cable provider in the area.

so they can get ADSL2+ but it will be the same deal. slow as hell or over sold and congested, just like the cable.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There was a dude busted doing a similar thing on the ABCs video render farm about 3 years ago I think.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its cool and good that people are saying 'gently caress u shorten get your hands off MY money' when it actually is not their money, because they pay no loving tax.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-02/port-kembla-coal-terminal-wins-bid-to-scrap-workplace-agreement/9610306

The CFMEU says the company's not been negotiating in good faith and has been locking out workers when ships come in

Unions are cool and all but 100 sick days a year seems excessive.

• Locked thread