Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Hillary had a stellar campaign organisation and very well nuanced policies. The media treated her like a seasoned political campaigner and held her to a level of scrutiny that they didn't bother with for her rodeo clown opponent. In that kind of environment complicated policy statements don't stand a chance. Trump said whatever the gently caress he wanted and the story would run as a funny piece on how outrageous he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Yeah fair cop, I shouldn't imply that it led to great outcomes. What I mean is that it was extremely well resourced, relied heavily on data and expert positions and was well organised to mobilise support etc. It couldn't compete with fear and a twitter handle.

Although she did win the popular vote.

Personally I would rather have seen Bernie win, but failing that, Hillary was fine by me.

Sorry about the USPol derail.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

what on earth are the shillerymen doing in here

Sitting in a darkened room, crafting posts out of my own excrement and furious that not only did Trump win, Trumbull thinks he's got some great ideas.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

How the gently caress is a close friend of Andrew bolt and John Roskam that uses her maiden speech to talk about how we need to clamp down on big government a loving labor senator Jesus Christ just kill every loving last one of them JBp included

I'm a fan of small government if it means reducing the size of the national security apparatus, but for some reason it always starts with emasciating environment, welfare, education sectors.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

It’s a long bow to draw, but what does this mean for Kevin Rudd’s fatherhood ambitions?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Companies defend charging $1000 for unpaid internships (Fairfax)

We're going to need more guillotines.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

“Yes my business model relies on unpaid, coerced labour but if you can show me another viable model then I’ll switch to it.”

If your business needs slavery to prosper then the alternative model I want to show you involves shuttering the business and setting you on fire.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

thatbastardken posted:

demographics that are 'problematic' for greens strategists:

• jews
  • olds
  • poors
  • workers
  • aspirational types
  • the rich
  • farmers
  • catholics
  • revheads
  • have i missed anyone?

- nuclear medicine patients

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Sparticle posted:

Hey bashing my head against the wall isn't fixing my headache, it's kinda making it worse.

"nah dude, it totally works, you just aren't doing it hard enough"

Maybe, perhaps, we didn't let Hitler go far enough. This and more, tonight on the Bolt Rapport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Exactly this. Whenever I annoy my retiree neighbours about the pension being welfare, the usual retort is “well I paid taxes all my life”

• Locked thread