Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Introduce the new Bond by having an opening scene with Craig in a protracted battle before he lines up to look at his opponent through a scope before being blown away, his killer spinning in time to see and fire. Next scene is MI-6, M handing the killer passports and other document papers “Congratulations, James Bond. Long may you live”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Die Another Day is maximum Bond Camp, which means we get some really dumb poo poo, some super sumb poo poo they thought the youth were into at the time, and then somethings that are actually interesting and clever which are nothing but a swerve to catch you unawares as something else extremely stupid happens.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

Who is the best Bond villain. Answers must begin with "Rosa" and end with "Klebb."

Rights Holders

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Based on the last three or so Bond films having a finished script and vision is a unecessary

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Shirley Bassey. Not any song in particular, just her going out there and crushing it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont really like From Russia With Love within the Bond movies but thats probably because its actually a pretty good spy movie and not a “spy movie” like what the rest of the franchise turned into so it sticks out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Violator posted:

You’re not joking. Filming starts in December.

Release November 2019. Doesn’t seem like a lot of time for production, but I always expect two years for a big budget film.

Their goal is to find that sweet spot where they rush production just enough they don't re-write the script into poo poo and just slow enough they actually have a script.

Or we'll end up with a James Bond film where he has to fight a group of genetically altered super-humans because why not give Craig his own Moonraker or Die Another Day?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fart City posted:

lmao all of this talk about the best entry and nobody mentions JAMES BOND: LICENSE TO THRILL, COMING SOON TO A PARAMOUNT THEME PARK NEAR YOUUUU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCA4u1dCCU

Is License to Thrill the one where Bond defeats a terrorist who hijacked an Earthquake machine because spoilers that films great

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

It's a play on Licence to Kill, which does not contain an earthquake machine. The earlier 80s film A View to a Kill, however, is about Christopher Walken trying to bomb the San Andreas fault line in order to flood Silicon Valley.

Nah, I'm right, thats the plot of License to Thrill.

"007 (and the recruits) are tasked with rescuing Dr. Callie Reeves, a seismologist who has been seized by an international "techno-terrorist" named Gunther Thorne. Dr. Reeves has developed revolutionary new technology designed to release tectonic plate pressure, controlling future earthquakes. Thorne, however, has other plans for her research - intending to harness it to trigger earthquakes, rather than avoid them. "

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Was this the one that ended with Bond shooting a missile out of his wristwatch, or am I thinking of something else?

Yes.

Also great the bond wiki has no idea who played bond

Barudak
May 7, 2007

George Lucas is available.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have a lot of ideas for Bond but they mostly involving a lot of uncensored full frontal male nudity

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cacator posted:

Excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWVbVT3igdw

I also think Grace Jones is an inspired choice for a Bond girl but she would have been matched much better with Dalton than with Moore.

This is one of the worst openings in the franchise and I'm including the video games in that.

The song is good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

I think the only experience Connery had was against women.

Yes, he was a black-eye belt

• Locked thread