Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

peekaboo gangster posted:

Now Tomorrow Never Dies? For some reason, I could watch that movie on repeat - whatever flaws the movie might have melt away whenever Jonathan Pryce is onscreen eating the entire set dressing. If I had to choose a favorite it would probably be For Your Eyes Only, with a nice mix of goofy Roger Moore clowning and stone-cold murder Roger Moore, and one of the best soundtracks in the series.
I always feel like TND is somewhat less than the sum of its parts. Michelle Yeoh is great, the motorcycle chase is a lot of fun, Jonathan Pryce is hamming it up like nobody's business...but somehow the whole thing never quite clicks for me, and I always end up enjoying it less than I'd like. The World is Not Enough is the opposite for me; it's not without its flaws, like Denise Richards and some unmemorable action sequences and Denise Richards, but it's got a great villain, a nicely darker tone, lets M play a bigger role, and I really enjoy it overall. It's also got the best song of the Brosnan era.

On the subject of Brosnan, I'll also admit to having a soft spot for Die Another Day. Like, it's a terrible movie, but it's one that has a lot of fun in being stupid. Compare to, say, A View to a Kill, which commits the double sin of being bad and boring.

Fart City posted:

Like, imagine if it was Lazenby or Dalton; the dudes who got shafted by circumstance and timing.
Timothy Dalton as a Bond villain would be goddamn amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I kind of agree that the Venice part drags a bit, but the ending is so drat good I always end up forgiving it.

• Locked thread