Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want Craig's replacement to be the full on MRA, right wing oval office that he actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ehh I don't mind there being some connective tissue as long as it's handled well. It just wasn't here.

I'm more interested in seeing Bond grow as a character throughout the films rather than some big master plan plot though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cacator posted:

It's not meant to be a direct follow-up to QoS.

It is in terms of Craig's run. I don't think they put a date on it but it always seemed to me that it was a few years after QoS (and Spectre follows it in turn). Which is secret agent time is like 4 decades.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Electronico6 posted:

I seriously doubt it. Their first option was Tom Hiddleston til he blew it. Craig continues to be Bond because they still haven't found a suitable attractive white dude to replace him.

Out of curiosity, how did Hiddleston blow it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Electronico6 posted:

Taylor Swift of all things. Bond folk don't want an actor who thinks is bigger than the role, and everything about the Swift and Hiddleston romance was a major publicity stunt circus, so off the list he went.

Oh right... So petty bullshit that no one cares about.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This opening song is bad even by the extremely low standards of 007 opening songs

We need an official recut that inserts this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4mIWoLg69Y&t=45s

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Both Skyfall and You Know My Name are better than almost every pre-Craig theme. Bond themes are loving terrible overall.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Simply Simon posted:

Same with Garbage.

The Garbage song used in the MGSV trailer is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4os5vzyag

e: Jesus that trailer came out five years ago. The times they are a-changin'.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 24, 2018

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

old.flv posted:

I also had no idea Natalya was in Reigh of Fire - I thought she just disappeared.

Pretty sure that's the same as disappearing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No matter how good Goldeneye is I just can't take Brosnan seriously in that role. He's just far too cheesy. He belongs on the cover of lovely romance novels and nowhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think it's the hair. He has the hair of a right auld oval office.

• Locked thread