Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

A Strange Aeon posted:

Where does everyone order their trades from?

I like trolling the used section of my local comic store or Half-Price Books in person, but online is different.

Buying online from places that don't combine shipping is annoying--like there's a seller on Amazon who has the first 4 Silver Surfer trades we were talking about earlier for less than $6 a piece, but shipping on each one is $4. I emailed the vendor asking if they could combine shipping and they said they couldn't, as per Amazon's policy--but I'm not going to spend $16 on shipping when they're all coming from and going to the same place. I know there's some Amazon voodoo poo poo going on where vendors have to charge more shipping just to pay for the listing fees or something, and even if I add $4 to the price, it still comes out under $10 on some of them, it's just the principle of the thing I guess.

So is there a good site that has a shifting stock of used or discount trades and does free or combined shipping?

I like looking at https://www.hamiltonbook.com/products/search?q=&cat_id=GN every now and then--they offer some good discounts on stuff and the stock changes enough that I usually find a few new things to add to my wishlist. And they have reasonable shipping.

It's only new stuff but instocktrades has generally good pricing and free shipping over $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread