Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think my first comic book was The Mask #0. After the Jim Carrey movie I wanted more mask so I got my parents to bring me to the LCS and get it for me. For those who haven't read the mask comics it's uh... not for children lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Mask and The Mask Returns collections. Thanks, mum.

:hfive: heck ya

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess if we're counting strips Calvin and Hobbes was my first, I started getting collections of those from scholastic book fairs in like first grade

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
marvel why wont you keep the liberal sjw politics like having a guy who killed a nazi be president out of my comics

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
One of my first superhero books was actually a Spider-Man "team-up" compilation that had like iirc
an issue where someone mind controlled Peter to fight the ff
the issue where the avengers had Spidey fight the hulk as like a test to be let in
I think the first appearance of the punisher??
and one that really stuck out that was a story when mj was pregnant and he sought out the advice of beast about whether the the kid would be a mutant and part of the story is that they're fighting a monster that turns out to be a for year old or something crazy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't kinkshame

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Goddamn

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

A Strange Aeon posted:

I browsed a little to see these cheap digital comics on Amazon but wasn't having much luck--does someone have a link to just the ones that are on sale?

Also, if I have Marvel Unlimited, am I just getting perpetual access to something and the ability to read on my Kindle, or are there some books for sale that aren't on MU? I would imagine any digital comic would also be on MU, but not exactly sure how it works.

There was a sale for punisher max when the show came out and that's apparently not on mu so it varies

I think if you look up an issue on marvel.com it'll have an MU icon if it's on there so you check if you're double dipping but I could be wrong about that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorry it's still February

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Samuringa posted:

It's touching, but I love that it is an actual, paper letter, as if it made it even more real and official.

A good lawyer knows to always leave a a paper trail

Covok posted:

Clarence Thomas once invited Icon's creator to a meeting.

Is it common for Justices to talk comics?

Gabby named the dorm that america lives on campus in sotomayer hall, i imagine one of her clerks saw it and showed her

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't lie just that one panel of turtle knight already has me intrigued

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe ya stands for young aryans here

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Where's my pro wrestling superhero universe.

https://shop.boom-studios.com/series/detail/606/wwe

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
my hero academia taught me that tourament arcs overstay their welcome by about 10 episodes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
red skull

site fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 26, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
despite whatever else hes put out slotts silver surfer is amazing

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
slott can actually write an emotional arc when he feels like it apparently

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
leth's patsy owns

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
whats going on for the next four days

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh i just noticed the thread finally got stickied i wasnt sure what fansub meant lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Patsy Walker Hell Cat is great, it had unfortunate/fortunate timing because it came out right around when Jessica Jones season 1 came out and the Patsy Walker character in the comic (and actually all comics she's ever been in) has almost nothing to do with the Patsy Walker in the tv show.

yeah i was disappointed that the tv version sucks comparatively

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
a little out of our demo but since it's two marvel creators

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-creators-brandon-montclare-and-erica-henderson-announce-new-gn-series-secret-book-club/ posted:

Today, PW announced that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur writer Brandon Montclare will team up with The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl artist Erica Henderson to produce a series of graphic novels entitled Secret Book Club.

The move will see two of Marvel’s most recently successful all-ages creators collaborating on a title outside the publisher’s purview that aims to attract a similar readership to their current works. Penguin Workshop will publish the graphic novels, with the first to arrive in summer 2020.

The synopsis follows, per PW:

Secret Book Club stars seventh grader Paige, who finds herself at the center of a mystery: her grandfather, a librarian who created all the superheroes that dominate pop culture, has disappeared. As Paige searches for him with her new friends from her book club, they begin to realize that many of her grandfather’s characters live in their neighborhood.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I love rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Da share z0ne always got the correct opines