Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think the first comic I remember owning was one of the Archie Ninja Turtles ones. Funny enough I didn’t really get big into comics until I was in my 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The sale does have newer stuff though, so nice if you're in a hurry to read Secret Empire or something (don't read Secret Empire)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

Sorry it's still February

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

On the other hand, a straight up Sin City book set in Camelot but written like 30 years ago would have been pretty amazing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've been enjoying Astro City but I've come to the end of the trades I bought with Local Heroes.

The next few--the Dark Age Book 1 and Book 2--both seem to be ~$40+.

Is there some reliably better way to get the trades for a reasonable price or should I just buy the floppies? I don't tend to like doing that, but I don't think it's justified spending way more for the trade if it's at a premium for some reason and I just want to read the stories. And this is under the assumption that I can get the 16 issues for less than ~$80, which seems reasonable to me.

And I know it's an anthology so I don't REALLY need to read them in order, but the world-building is done with such purpose that I want to experience it that way.

If you're ok Digital you can get both for $30 total at comixology right now. Beyond that Amazon and Ebay are about all you can do.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm in Canada so my options are pretty much Amazon and Ebay, otherwise I end up paying more for shipping than I do for the book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do pretty much everything digital now yeah. Unless it's something I really love that I'll want to share or just reread over and over, it just doesn't make sense with the kind of sales Comixology has.

• Locked thread