Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a thread about IDW books

I want to talk about pre Revoltuon GI Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's no Licensed Comics thread any more, so it'd be the Indie thread or maybe Transformers cause of the crossover.

Yeah but the crossover is stupid and not worth talking about

In general Revolution is one of the dumbest ideas I've seen

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endless Mike posted:

You can always make a new licensed comics thread.

Way too much effort just to talk about ninjas

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ninjas, are cool

But for real the Costa parts of GI Joe are super solid espionage slash political thrillers, I can't recommend them enough, particularly the first two Cobra series. The main book under Dixon is okay, a good enough action story, but Costa and Gage do a fantastic job with the shifting loyalties and power struggles inside Cobra

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What are some good runs of detective comics to read? I've already read City of Crime and I'm most of the way through Dinis run now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I assume you've read Rucka's Batwoman run and Scott Snyder's run?

No and yes in that order, what else

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

I liked Snyder's Dickbats.

That's Black Mirror baka

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teenage Fansub posted:

Definitely get on Batwoman.
The current series is good too, and just about to wrap up James Tynion's run.

Yeah I've been reading it and I'm pleasantly surprised that I enjoy it considering my previous disdain for him as a writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

I know that, but Dickbats is funnier to say and doesn't risk people confusing it with the british sci-fi anthology tv series.

The one true Dick bats book is Batman and Robin anyway

• Locked thread