Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Someone asked about what comics did we first purchase or read. I don't really know what was the comic I first bought, but I read the hell out of my brother's random Archie and Batman books (with no covers of course), my dad's old Mad Magazines, and some old Beanie comic. Some comics though particularly stand out for me, like the X-Men comic where Jean Grey gets tenticals for arms (that scared the hell out of me), or Superman hearing a flute and growing horns so he dressed up like Batman for a time, or Batman vs Bruce Wayne who was having a weird dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Vincent posted:

Comic, y'all!

Sounds scientifically accurate to me

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So.....are we really modless now?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

site posted:

Sorry it's still February

Means I haven't turned 35 yet. There is still time to make things right before I turn 35!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

These next four days of stickiness are gonna be fuckin' sweet.

We should just keep posting in this thread well into April to make up for lost sticky time

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man that is some harsh stuff, but what he said about being two paychecks away from homelessness really hits hard. The dude deserves great things just by making the Maxx a semi-coherent story, and I remember his run on Flash being the first Flash I had ever read.
I am kind of surprised that the Hero Initiative hasn't looked into his case. I thought stuff like this is what they were set up for.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

He's always the name previous to or following runs I'm supposed to read. That always gave me the impression that he was an unexceptional jobber put on something when the important folks weren't around. Guessing that's pretty incorrect. It'd be swell if DC started collecting his stuff now.

You should read the Maxx before and after he had his run with the character and then you can appreciate the work he did in reigning in Keith's tendencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I read some Maxx years ago and didn't remember anyone but Keith's name on it.

I think he wrote/co-plotted the first 15 issues of the Maxx.

• Locked thread