Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I can't pinpoint the first comic I bought. I had been given some before but these ones stand out as the ones I bought with my own money.

I had sorta read God Loves Man Kills (I think a friend's older brother had it as I was probably too young) so when I saw the X-men on the stand I had to get it. It was one of these..

It was kinda frustrating as a kid because the spinner racks at the grocery store either wouldn't get monthly issues regularly or would be sold out of the one by the time I got to it so there were usually huge gaps in my collection. Also the closest comic shop was the stereotypical nerd shop with run by this metal dude who definitely didn't like kids in his store. My neighbor's older brother would get weird poo poo like Yummy Fur and some other super violent stuff.

The grocery store by my grandparents beach house sold those three packs of comics. This is where I was introduced to Batman's greatest foe.

I believe I also got an issue of Swamp Thing in one of those three packs...

and it scared the poo poo out of me. I was only 9 or so. Pretty sure mom took that one and threw it away. When I was reading Saga of the Swamp Thing many years later that issue was a nostalgia gut punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread