Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I remember reading some licensed Disney comics in the late 80s. My grandad knew the newsagent and he'd saved some of the ones that had their covers stripped for return. It was probably one of the Gladstone titles related to Uncle Scrooge or Ducktales but while I can remember some pretty specific details from the stories I can't work out what the actual comic was.

I'm not sure if that was before or after I started reading Tintin and Asterix in primary school though. I still judge Tintin stories based on whether they were in the school library or not. The Black Isle and the moon stories are still somehow "newer" to me than Cigars of the Pharaohs or the Calculus Affair, despite having read them all years ago and most again recently to my daughter (who loving loves "TII TII"). Funnily enough the first Tintin I read was the book version of Lake of Sharks, which isn't even a real story.

Plus I read Phantom, Mandrake and Prince Valiant in newspapers, but that wasn't a consistent thing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

hup posted:

Goddammit I just remembered there's a recommendation thread stickied at the top of this forum

Eh the chat thread can handle it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The Watchmen Motion Comic had some pretty cool music, especially for the various Doctor Manhattan and Veidt scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS0r9S6HrEw&t=190s

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What are some good runs of detective comics to read? I've already read City of Crime and I'm most of the way through Dinis run now

I assume you've read Rucka's Batwoman run and Scott Snyder's run?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is Patsy Walker, A.K.A Hellcat! any good? It seems like a title that could go either way.

Yeah it was a lot of fun.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Thread:
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/965667287893069824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It's pretty funny how much of a comic book nerd he is.

• Locked thread