Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Archie. I had hundreds of them and I loving loved Riverdale and its wacky cast of characters.

Euro comics like Tintin and Lucky Luke.

Ignoring Archie and the Euros, Elfquest. Fairly adult subject matter for a 7 year old to read, but by god it is a good book. For some reason it was stored with the kid comics (the Euro comics) in my local library.

I have no idea what my first cape book was. I didn’t really care for the hero comics until later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, I also remember reading Maus when I was like... 8 or 9. Because it was a comic.

It was also very good, but man.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Samuringa posted:

It's a collection of The Savage Sword of Conan and it says the script is by Roy Thomas. The exact issues are:

Savage Sword of Conan #26, #27, #46, #201, #47, #48, #49, #50, #51 and #52

Savage sword is the loving best. You’re gonna like it.

I actually am coming around on Thomas a bit. After the Yellowjacket saga his writing seems to be getting a bit better.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did you know the Pinis licensed out Elf Quest for an (apparently mediocre) RPG?

Me neither. I won it in an estate auction today though. I'm excited to see what's in there.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

I did, but I've only ever seen the box and never the contents. Doesn't it use a variation on BRP?

Apparently it does.

I have no idea what that is, because I've never played a PNP role playing game, but apparently the book includes some sweet art, and really that's all I'm into this for.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

Special interest news story on William Messner-Loebs's hard times
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/one-armed-comic-book-artist-worked-on-wonder-woman-now-homeless-in-michigan
The video is more substantial than the text, so click that.

quote:

hat’s the lesson he’s learned over the years? People are, in general, good.

goddamn

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lots of covers.

Wolverine the Jungle Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
But how many of them had good art :).