Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

RevKrule posted:

In more happy news, Gabby Rivera got a fan letter from a pretty big fan.

https://twitter.com/QuirkyRican/status/974379051820421120

Clarence Thomas once invited Icon's creator to a meeting.

Is it common for Justices to talk comics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
ORIGIN STORIES

American comics

Versus

Japanese comics

It's a joke.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Covok
May 27, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Page 1, Panel 1: KING ARTHUR is BEHEADING some MUSLIMS
VO Box: That's the last LIBERAL who'll come between me my favorite WHORES.

Page 6, Panel 1: Okay, I want you to be shameless. Full page spread of Morgan La Fey in her pink panties. Massive rear end shot.
Morgan: I'm on a date with King Arthur.
Page 7, Panel 1: Morgan Le Fay is in her pink bra and panties looking over her kingdom. Shot from her back so you can see her goods.
Morgan: I'm on a date with King Arthur.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

12-year old Sir Lancelot, aged 12.

What? Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who am I? I'm goddamn King Arthur!

Not a word. I've taken enough grief about calling my Goddamn horse the goddamn Arthur-Equine. I'm goddamn King Arthur and I will call my God drat horse whatever the hell I want to call it.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 24, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'll take the Looks Like poo poo variant, please.

I'd read a Mick Foley comic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wait, Mick Foley writes comics?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's a co-writing credit, so who knows if he actually did.

That sounds like Mick Foley basically gave ideas then the writer did the real work. That's not to poo poo on Mick Foley, but that's how I think every celeb co-lab is if they ain't the main writer. Except for CM Punk who I think actually did legit-ly write some books like Draxx and something with Kung Fu.

Covok
May 27, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

I like the thought experiment of what other settings the entire universe could be in while maintaining the characters and their relationships. Sports would definitely work, with the Olympics and big tournaments acting as crossover events.

Police Procedural, where everyone works in different levels of the police department. Like Batman works in homocide and Superman working in Public Affairs and Outreach.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Total tangent, but I'm making a Marvel Heroic Roleplaying event for my players. The premise is Galactus makes a bunch of Earth villains his heralds randomly by shooting down the Power Cosmic from the sky, they are let to roam around at first starting fires while the heroes wonder where Galactus is and try to put out the fires, then he pops out through Reed's portal to the Negative Zone because he was traveling through there, surprise attacks New York with his main heralds and his new ones and attacks key places in the world, then Doom betrays Galactus as a herald and merges with him into Doomlactus, and then the heroes have to stop Doomlactus -- who promised not to eat Earth -- from eating the rest of the universe.

I can get Doomlactus from the lastest issues of Marvel Two-In-One, but anyone have any good fanart of villains like Magneto and Kingpin and Venom with the power cosmic? Thinking of at least having these villains:
  • Magneto
  • Kingpin
  • Doctor Doom
  • Mysterio
  • Arcade
  • Red Skull
Don't need it, but it might enhance the experience to show the players fanart.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Doctor Doom literally had the power cosmic at one point it's in the Lee/Kirby run.

Thanks!

Edit: I really like the Kirby Krackle being the power cosmic. It feels more powerful than just some silver light stuff they tend to do nowadays.

Covok fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 26, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

red skull

ooooh, nice. Thanks! That works well.

Samuringa posted:

I picture a Cosmic Power Kingpin with the exact same Businessman Mafioso look, but a bit sparkly.

I thought it'd be interesting to have a guy whose used to being a mafia crimelord to suddenly become a god. Tried to focus on villains who would do something interesting. Arcade would make a super murderworld and Magneto would use it to try to save mutantkind, for example. A man run by greed and business becoming a god would be interesting since his actions would be less overt.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just superimpose a picture of the back of a ladybug over a character. Done.

...what?

Covok
May 27, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

This is why I never bit the bullet for Marvel Unlimited before and should probably just cancel my service. It's like--if I can't just read a series I hear about from a decade ago, why the hell am I paying them $10 a month?

What are you talking about? I just checked. Dan slott Silver Surfer is available on Marvel Unlimited. It's Silver Surfer 2014 to 2015 and Silver Surfer 2016 to 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Whatever happened to Thor's belt of strength? Like, I think it just vanished from his costume at one point. Doesn't give him like super powers? Like, he already has powers of course, but doesn't his belt give him even more strength?

• Locked thread