Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Random Stranger posted:

I decided it was high time I finally read The Monster Society of Evil since it's the first comic book epic. There's good stuff in there, Captain Marvel really was heads above most golden age books, but drat there's a triple helping of golden age racism in it:

Also, I bet kids loved the reveal of who Mr. Mind was even if I don't get that bit.
At least they're not doing the L-for-R bit with his dialogue. You have to set the bar really low for wartime racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Am I misreading her expression? Because it seems like "oh my God I have been waiting my whole life for a talking animal to tell me I've got superpowers, I'm so in, when do we start" to me and I love it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Checks out.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Page 1, Panel 1: KING ARTHUR is BEHEADING some MUSLIMS
VO Box: That's the last LIBERAL who'll come between me my favorite WHORES.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I personally find the current WWE comic extremely enjoyable, because its premise is "what if the last few years of WWE, but it was all real?" So it pulls stuff like actually following Seth Rollins after he gets injured as he broods and plots revenge on both Roman Reigns (for taking his spotlight) and HHH (for being a dick to him when he was champion), and then wildly tone-swings later on when Dean Ambrose and Sasha Banks get kidnapped and brought to the Wyatt compound, which culminates in a monster truck fight because how else would those three characters escalate a fight?

I dunno, it may be an acquired taste, and it's definitely not making any concessions for non-WWE fans who might pick it up out of curiosity, but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I went digital years ago and do not regret it. I think I'd be up to like ten longboxes and five bookshelves by now otherwise.

• Locked thread