Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

In the early '80s, when I was first learning to read, my dad used to bring me home boxes full of comics from used bookstores he would frequent, constantly trading in Mack Bolan and Phoenix Force novels and gun magazines for them. Most of them were Richie Rich at first, along with pocket-sized collections of Peanuts comic strips checked out from the public library.

My first "real" comic was Transformers #5 with the classic "The Transformers ARE ALL DEAD" cover with Shockwave on it. Purchased from a spinner rack at a Miami newsstand called The Front Page, which has been closed for over 30 years.

Yeah, that Transformers with the best cover ever and an Iron Man with (I think) Rhodes acting as Iron Man that I got the same day are the first I really remember being "mine." But I had a sister who was way into comics and those came out was when I was like 9, so I surely had more before then.

I definitely had the comics you got at school with toothbrushes when they taught you about dental hygiene, and the Radio Shack ones where kids saved the world by programming stuff on their trash-80s. And of course I also had the one where Spider-Man recounts being molested by his babysitter. I'm not sure I'd count such freebies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Where's my pro wrestling superhero universe.

That's Imagine Stan Lee Created Batman. And none of the rest of the Imagine Stan Lee Created The DC Universe. Unsurprisingly it's the only good one.

• Locked thread